Author Topic: So, we know what's freely coming to the Wii U for the year. That's SUPER!  (Read 14697 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
A few haven't been seen at E3 yet, but are most likely coming, like COD: Ghost Dog and that PacMan platformer.

My buy list:
Deus Ex Directors Cut
Rayman
Wonderful 101
Wind Waker HD
Batman Arkham
Watch Dogs

That gives me six retail games, which isnt' too bad. Not counting eshop titles, I will probably get several of those as well.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 03:23:02 PM by ShyGuy »

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
My buy list is kinda similar to yours. While I'm not impressed with Mario 3D World so far, I'm most likely getting it anyway.

Day 1 buys:
New Super Luigi U DLC
Rayman Legends
The Wonderful 101
Watch Dogs
Scribblenauts Unmasked

eShop Day 1 buys:
Cloudberry Kingdom
Duck Tales

Holiday Buys:
Super Mario 3D World
Batman Arkham Origins
Pikmin 3
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Definite Day 1:
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario 3D World

Day 1 or Close to it:
The Wonderful 101
Rayman Legends
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Sonic Lost World

Maybe:
Assassin's Creed 4
Splinter Cell
Call of Duty
Watch Dogs
Wii U Party
Wii Fit U

I may have just listed the entire release schedule for the system. Some of the maybes are due to deciding whether to buy them for Wii U or PS4.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
I would also be interested hear from those people who haven't already purchased a Wii U. Have any of these announcements convinced you to purchase one?

For me, the answer would be no, but I'm interested to hear from others.
Gouge away.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Pikmin 3 remains the 2013 title I am most interested in.  Though since that did not convince me to buy a Wii U before E3, nothing is changing now.  Games like Mario and DK are titles I would get IF I had a Wii U but they would not inspire the purchase on their own.

The poor third party support (and nothing at E3 suggests that THAT is going to change) and weak sales makes me reluctant to hop on board for full price.  I honestly think this console is not going to last so I might as well wait until next year and buy it in the discount bin with Pikmin 3.

I also don't see any real change from the Wii, which I was very unsatisfied with.  I don't want to support Nintendo's current approach and encourage it.  I would actually stand to gain more if the Wii U crashed and burned and inspired improvement in Nintendo.  Though if Nintendo just improves on the Wii U without having to hit rock bottom first, that is preferred.  I'm kind of like a Nintendo fan on strike and Nintendo just put the same deal on the table as before.

Show me that this won't just be another Wii (or something worse) and I will buy it.

Offline Seacor

• Score: 20
    • View Profile
A lot of good titles here for 2013.  There is a lot to choose from for existing and new owners.

Assassin's Creed IV
Batman Arkham Origins
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Cloudberry Kingdom
Disney's Planes
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
DuckTales Remastered
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
New Super Luigi U
Pac-Man Museum
Pikmin 3
Rayman Legends
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Skylanders SWAP-Force
Sonic Lost World
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Super Mario 3D World
The Wonderful 101
Watch Dogs
Wii Fit U
Wii U Party
Wind Waker HD

And 2014 is looking awesome as well:

Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart 8
Smash Bros
X
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 06:12:12 PM by Seacor »
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
A lot of good titles here for 2013.  Definately will not have enough funds for all of them.  There is a lot to choose from.

Assassin's Creed IV
Batman Arkham Origins
Cloudberry Kingdom
Disney's Planes
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
DuckTales Remastered

Lego Marvel Super Heroes
New Super Luigi U
Pac-Man Museum
Pikmin 3
Rayman Legends
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Skylanders SWAP-Force
Sonic Lost World
Super Mario 3D World
The Wonderful 101

Watch Dogs
Wii Fit U
Wii U Party
Wind Waker HD
I bolded what I plan on getting this year. That's not bad as long as I get them all on sale.

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
My problem is that I am interested in

Pikmin 3 (August 4)
The Wonderful 101 (Aug 23 or Sep 15?)
Watch Dogs (Nov 19) need to look into this game more

and

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Nov)
DuckTales Remastered (Q3)
New Super Luigi U (Aug 25)
Rayman Legends (Sep 3)
Sonic Lost World (2013)
Super Mario 3D World (Dec)

and the problem is that the bottom 6 of the games listed are platformers. There's not much variety here. Even though they all seem to be good looking games, I'm not going to want 6 platformers in such a short span of time.

-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
I honestly think this console is not going to last so I might as well wait until next year and buy it in the discount bin with Pikmin 3.

This is something I don't really understand.   Maybe I'm just interpreting it wrong but when I read that, it makes me think that you see the WiiU is going the way of the Jaguar or 3d0, that's what I equate to "discount bin".  I honestly can't see that future regardless of how bad the WiiU does.  It'll still get by ever so slightly just off the few people purchasing Nintendo's games.  The only other options would be for Nintendo to give up on it and either go 3rd party or release a new system.  I don't see either of those 2 things happening so I think the WiiU is here to stay for a good while regardless how its doing.  This is all based on how I'm interpreting what your saying though so I could be totally off base in my assumption.

As for the games coming out this year, looking at everyone's list has really made me see that this year isn't really looking that bad for WiiU.  Going over it, I can already see I'm not going to have enough money to get everything I want to that's a lot better than getting everything I want and being left wanting more.

As for me, here's my list:

Assassin's Creed IV
Batman Arkham Origins
Rayman Legends
Sonic Lost World
Super Mario 3D World
The Wonderful 101
Watch Dogs
Wii U Party
Wind Waker HD

Those are all the games that I would want to get but more than likely will not be able to get even half. 

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
I would also be interested hear from those people who haven't already purchased a Wii U. Have any of these announcements convinced you to purchase one?

For me, the answer would be no, but I'm interested to hear from others.

Only one announced game could possibly moves the needle that far: X.  There are a handful of other decent looking titles, but nothing worth getting excited about and certainly not enough to convince it's worth buying a new console.

I'm not hating. 3DS had a much worse lineup at this point in its lifecycle, and is pure awesomeness now.  Releasing good games takes time.
NNID: ejamer

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Super Mario 3D World, New Super Luigi U, and Rayman Legends are probably the three physical releases I plan on getting for FY13.  The only games that truly excited me from Nintendo's E3 Direct were Smash Bros Wii U and X, and those don't even have firm release dates yet. 

I'm interested in Watch Dogs, and my wife will force me to get the new Skylanders, but I don't want to commit to a specific console on either of those yet.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
I'm hoping to god that the WiiU build of Watchdogs is off the next gen engine and not the PS360 version.  We'll see how much effort Ubisoft is willing to put once we get a better idea of how that game is running across all platforms. 

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
There are actually a lot of good games coming before the year is done. If the direct feed wasn't so infuriating then maybe I would have been more satisfied. Now though I'm pretty content and can't wait for these games!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
I had a friend over after work to watch the Direct presentation with me. He's never really "experienced e3", so his views on what to expect were set fairly low. Also, keep in mind that he watched both Microsoft and Sony conferences with me yesterday, too.

Back-story on my friend: He's a very artsy person. He likes Nintendo...sorta, LOVES Pokémon, is a competitive Smash player, but typically plays his PS3 for Guitar Hero and various third-party titles. He doesn't know much about the industry other than he's gone on record saying, "I've noticed more and more games are looking brownish and greyish lately." He plays a lot of Call of Duty with his younger brother and cousin. My friend is 21.

First thing shown is Pokémon - he spazzes out over the game. Can't wait to play it. Was already aware of the new Fairy type. Excited. Super Mario 3D Land plays out - he's impressed, but not so much by the graphics...more on the new cat suit powerup. Says it looks fun. Next big reveal is Mario Kart 8 - his jaw hits the floor and says, "I can't believe how incredible that looks!" Was in awe. Wii Party U / Wii Fit U - doesn't really care for these. Art Academy software shows - is in disbelief how great a lot of that demoed artwork looks. Tells me I'll really be able to go crazy with my #SmashBrosInitiative Miiverse posts. (I liked that he remembered that...haha.) Wind Waker HD - says he likes Zelda games. Ocarina remake on 3DS was his first foray into the series. WWHD really blew him away (no pun intended). It's at this point he says, "Man, I have GOT to get a Wii U soon." Next is DKC:Tropical Freeze - game has him smiling ear-to-ear. Says it looks incredible. LOVES the fur effect on DK. "Yep. I'm getting a Wii U." X trailer plays - sits up in his seat. Jaw hits the floor again. Says the game looks as good as the games shown yesterday during MS and Sony's conferences. (I don't care what anyone says, Wii U can hold its own against MS and Sony's machines.) At this point, his hype meter has reached its peak, btw. And we all know what game is shown next...Super Smash Bros. - Same thing. Jaw hits the floor. Villager character has him LOLing. Says game looks unreal. (I tell him that Sakurai typically goes all out, and is quite good at HD development - after all, Brawl's assets were developed in HD). Oh, but then Mega Man debuts in Brawl... (keep in mind, I was betting before we watched this Direct, that the Man that is Mega would debut in Brawl.) ...my friend flips a freaking lid, stands up and high-fives me, and just goes overall crazy for the game. "Man, yeah. That's gonna be the best Smash Bros. ever!" Reiterates that he's going to buy a Wii U this fall. Really wants Mario Kart 8 and Wind Waker HD.

So, yeah. Nintendo's Direct really had a positive influence over a gamer who typically doesn't follow Nintendo and their games. I'd say they did a good job. There's a lot to look forward to over the next 6 months leading into autumn.

EDIT: Forgot to include Wondeful 101 and Bayonetta 2 in that summary, but my friend is excited for those games. Said W101 looks like Pikmin on acid, and Bayonetta is a game he could see himself getting in to.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
I haven't bought the system yet, and likely won't for a while, but when I do there'll be about ten retail games waiting for me, so I'm not too fussed.

For the record, it'll probably be X that makes me buy the system.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Does The Wonderful 101 appeal to you as a Little King Story fan?

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
Strangely enough, not really. Or rather, not strongly. I will probably be picking it up at some point, though.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
I was probably the only person here who was sad to see Wii Party U getting delayed.
It's sad that release list looks so barren. I was kinda hoping for a miracle thinking that Nintendo might be able to push out Mario, Smash and Bayo all this year.
Day 1:
Mario 3D World -- coop looks great!
W101 -- wow, they made coop mode!
Bayo
Rayman -- damn you Ubisoft, damn you, and take my money
Wii Party U

Maybe:
AC 4
Batman
Deus Ex -- why was this delayed again?
Sonic
Donkey Kong -- looks great, but maybe next year

Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline noname2200

• View Profile

So it can release along the just-announced 360/PS3 versions, in all likelihood.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile

So it can release along the just-announced 360/PS3 versions, in all likelihood.

Yeah because god forbid the WiiU gets a damn timed exclusive for once.  First Rayman and now this.  3rd parties just keep amazing me.  Probably loading up more ammo for the "our games don't sell on WiiU" pistol. 

Offline noname2200

• View Profile

Yeah because god forbid the WiiU gets a damn timed exclusive for once.  First Rayman and now this.  3rd parties just keep amazing me.  Probably loading up more ammo for the "our games don't sell on WiiU" pistol.

Look at it this way: it's no longer a two-year-late port, but a contemporaneous multi-plat update to a good game!

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile

Look at it this way: it's no longer a two-year-late port, but a contemporaneous multi-plat update to a good game!

Sounds like something a Sony or MS fanboy would say to justify it and downplay the WiiU release (not calling you one, just making a joke lol).  When it was a WiiU only release, its a 2 yr old port that no wants.  When its multiplat, well its all good now lol. 

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile

In order of interest

W 101
Pikmin 3
Dungeons and Dragons Mystara beat me up with online play!
Watchdogs if the game is more than a cover shooter
Mario 3D World if my wife enjoys the multiplayer, if not maybe
Same with Wii U Party but no if not maybe
Wind Waker because I won't be able to stop myself

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Ahahaha, i forgot about Pikmin 3, but then again it seems Nintendo did too...
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
I'm probably just going to get Deus Ex and that's it. I'm on a thin budget.