Author Topic: ATI showing off graphics.  (Read 1587 times)

Offline JSasky

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
ATI showing off graphics.
« on: May 27, 2003, 08:44:57 AM »
I think it is cool that Half Life 2 was showcased using ATI's new video card.  And super cool that it had the best graphics at E3.  Can't wait to see what ATI does for Nintendo's next gen.  Nintendo has a good partner in ATI, they know their graphics.
'Take a wiff of my pant leg baby!'
-Blues Explosion

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
RE: ATI showing off graphics.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 10:10:45 AM »
I agree.  If anything shows that Nintendo is always on the lookout for companies that are looking to make a splash.  When the deals were signed with Microsoft and Nvidia, the Geforce series was the series to own for any gaming, but ATI was slowly but surely starting to make great strides for itself.  And now, ATI is a hardcore competitor for Nvidia and many feel their newer cards are superior.

Offline HereticPB

• View Profile
ATI showing off graphics.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 10:36:02 AM »
Well you got to remember something. Nintendo put its trust in ArtX. I think ATI saw Nintendo going for a good product so they bought ArtX. Now its ATI. I wouldn't doubt that the great people of ArtX are pushing ATI into the future. Put ATI dev teams and ArtX dev teams together hardware is gonna be sweet as hell.

Its interesting that the John Carmack? of Id software is watching ATI and even said some good things about them. Which is a blow to Nvidia.

HtPB
Visit my sites
| Nintendo Centrum | NC Forums |

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 05:48:38 PM »
yeah man if ATI can pull off anything as nicer or nicer than half- life2 for the next gamecube I would be very pleased to wait in line for 12 hours for the next gamecube.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2003, 09:21:37 PM »
I waited 12 hours fo my Gamecube in Japan, so why not do it again? It's fun if you make it a more social thing.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?