Author Topic: FF Crystal Chronicles - connectivity is going to kill the game?  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Scyth3r

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Okay I did a search for every word in "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles" but I didn't find anything but two locked posts, and one thats not really on topic but more or less a question.  So don't blame me if this is a repost.

This game looks absolutely awesome.   The graphics style is amazing, and I'm loving the fact that it seems more "fantasy" like than the previous final fantasy series.   It's been getting high preview marks from everywhere.

However, it seems as though the connectivity feature is just going to kill the game.   Any Final Fantasy game is a system seller, however, but the necessity of the GBA is going to cripple sales it seems.  I simply don't see how you can ever expect a gamer to own a GC, and have available 4 GBA systems.  Furthermore, what reason does a person have to buy the game if their friend has it unless you plan on playing through the game multiple times with the same person?   Granted theres single player, but the focus of this game is multiplayer and I would naturally assume that would be the most enjoyable way to play this game.   So in other words, it would sell only 1 copy of the game, out of 4+ people that know each other and interested in it seems.  

Indiciations from of what I've read from all the game sites seem as though a GBA WILL NOT be REQUIRED (thank god).  However, without a GBA you will be SEVERELY limited in your gameplay.

Furthermore, no matter how useful the connectivity feature is in actually gameplay (so you don't slow down or pause the gameplay), its just simply not reasonable.  Theres just too much money required and too many things involved.   I don't understand why they do would do this.   I do plan on buying this game, and I do have a Gameboy Advance SP, but I don't know 3 other people w/ a Gameboy that can meet up constantly just to play this game.   (I'm sure I will enjoy it single player, but I know I will be missing out greatly compared to the enjoyment of 4 player action.)  Geez, the only way this seems that it could work is if it was online where people can link up or something.

Seriously, how can Square-Enix/Nintendo think this can work?  Especially on such a big game title?  Any PGC Editor knowledge or insight to ease my worries?  =\

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: FF Crystal Chronicles - connectivity is going to kill the game?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2003, 12:32:09 AM »
i think they look at the number of GBA's/GBA SP's sold and and then the number of GCN's sold and figure every GCN owner is a GBA owner of some description, and i would have assumed the same had everyone here said that is infact not the case.

either way this game should make a killing in Japan.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
FF Crystal Chronicles - connectivity is going to kill the game?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2003, 01:08:37 AM »
You clearly didn't look too hard.  There are multiple threads on this subject already.  And just to clear up the confusion that certain sites have brought up: Although the demo did allow a GC controller to be used, the final game WILL REQUIRE GBAs to play multiplayer.  Does it need to? I really don't think so, but that's the plan
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers