Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216397 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: (Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #3675 on: March 09, 2017, 02:12:48 AM »
alright, here's my list the way I predict it going down

1. Guardian of the Galaxy 2
2. Spider-Man
3. Justice League
4. Thor: Ragnarok
(> $750M WW)
5. Logan
6. Wonder Woman
7. Power Rangers
(> $350M WW)
8. The Lego Batman Movie

I woudl say Spiderman and GotG2 are both going to crack $1B
and I really want to switch Thor and JL in places, but I just know all the DC die hards will show up, and WB will absolutely market the absolute **** out of the movie, so regardless of how good Thor may be (fingers crossed) I think JL just might edge it out, regardless of general opinion on quality.

Logan will do much better than most expected, and maybe be the highest grossing direct X-men property (that excludes Deadpool, which was kinda it's own thing in a parallel X-verse and did $783M WW)

I'm expecting WW to come in near the low $600's give or take $30M. It will be a very good take for a 1st solo, and I expect it to get middle of the road reviews (#1 rated DCEU movie so far).

and Power Rangers will do decent... maybe around $500/$550M WW which would actually be really good for this movie and guarantee a sequel for sure.

My guess are for WW only. Domestic would probably be little different, but much harder to predict.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: March 09, 2017, 04:34:23 AM »
I'm really hyped for King Kong Skull Island.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: March 09, 2017, 05:55:12 AM »
Reviews for Iron Fist are saying it's pretty bad.  I guess this might be Marvel's first bad production.

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/marvels-iron-fist
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:12:06 AM by Shorty McNostril »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: March 09, 2017, 12:34:25 PM »
I'm really hyped for King Kong Skull Island.

You know, I dismissed this movie when I first saw the title for it because I'm not really interested in seeing another King Kong movie but then the trailers surprised me with the tone and look of the film and it seemed like it might be pretty entertaining. Then I stumbled across something that I guess is old news but only found out about 2 days ago and that is the fact that Paramount (I think) or which ever studio is behind it is working towards a Movie Monster universe and the reason for the King Kong movie is a planned King Kong vs Godzilla film. First up is Skull Island then Godzilla 2 and then KKvG. Not sure how I feel about another movie franchise although besides King Kong and Godzilla the plan is to bring in other monsters like Mothra and Rodan and others of the Godzilla franchise. Just thought I'd share that in case others had been unaware of that information like I was.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: March 09, 2017, 12:54:28 PM »
I've heard of it. The Tom Cruise Mummy film is also supposed to be a part of this universe. Holds potential, and with the fluidity of the monster mythos' it could be a lot of fun, so long as they do not go too far down the "Super Cereal Nitty Gritty DC Movie" path.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: March 09, 2017, 08:27:32 PM »
The mummy is part of the universal monster movieverse
Which will have the usual from Dracula, The Mummy, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Frankenstein, the Wolf man, etc etc.

Dracula Untold wss supposed to be the jump off point

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: March 09, 2017, 09:17:33 PM »
Oooh! There are TWO monster universes then. that explains the discrepancies I've been noticing between the news stories I have read about each of them. It sounds a lot better to do that, though I do see the potential to get burned out from too many persistent movie universes running at the same time. I have my fill of those with Marvel, Star Wars, and Harry Potter.

Rumor has it Brendan Fraser has been cast for an unmentioned Universal movie. I'm kinda hoping he gets a cameo in the new Mummy, maybe makes an appearance to help out Cruise as an "old mummy/monster hunter" of sorts as a nod to the old Mummy trilogy.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: March 09, 2017, 10:49:36 PM »
Maybe he'll be Van Helsing.

But in other movie news, Domino has been cast in Deadpool 2
https://twitter.com/vancityreynolds/status/839947701487796224

Zazie Beats from Atlanta

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: March 10, 2017, 11:56:22 PM »
Atomic Blonde - Charlize Theron gets to be "Joan Wick"

Unfortunately, I don't think the movies will ever be related...

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: March 11, 2017, 01:11:32 AM »
It's more a "James Bitch" than "Joan Wick". Style elements wise it is an imitator but other than that it's a pretty much it's own sort of movie that apes Bond and those tropes than it copies Wick.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: March 11, 2017, 04:12:36 AM »
well, it wasn't just Head Shots, but it's done by one of the guys that did John Wick 1, so that's why I referenced that. But it would be cool if they were somehow connected.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: March 31, 2017, 12:12:40 AM »
Live Action Lion King to star Donald Glover (Community, Atlanta) aka Childish Gambino as the voice of Simba
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQofprClgNS/

bonus: James Earl Jones to reprise role as Mufasa
https://twitter.com/Jon_Favreau/stat...54734557601792

and now they pushing for Beyonce "Queen B" Knowles to play Nala
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/beyonce-lion-king-remake-nala-1202019931/

anyone wanna take a guess at Timone and Pumba?
Scar? the Hyenas? Rafiki?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: March 31, 2017, 05:52:56 PM »
Timone and Pumba should be
Nathan Lane and Ernie Sabella.
I really wouldn't change them.

If I must be doing a recast I'd cast
Kevin Hart and Lavell Crawford.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: March 31, 2017, 07:57:02 PM »
I still don't "get" the "live action" Lion King yet. Are they gonna... film lions all day and hope to match up the dialogue later? :confused;
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: March 31, 2017, 08:57:44 PM »
It is a weird trend, photo-real Disney movies. We'll look back at this era and be like...remember when this was how they did movies? and laugh.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3690 on: March 31, 2017, 10:37:36 PM »
Live Action Lion King to star Donald Glover (Community, Atlanta) aka Childish Gambino as the voice of Simba
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQofprClgNS/

bonus: James Earl Jones to reprise role as Mufasa
https://twitter.com/Jon_Favreau/stat...54734557601792

and now they pushing for Beyonce "Queen B" Knowles to play Nala
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/beyonce-lion-king-remake-nala-1202019931/

anyone wanna take a guess at Timone and Pumba?
Scar? the Hyenas? Rafiki?

Idris Elba would make a good Scar, but it would be a rehash from Jungle Book. Or perhaps the chief from Brooklyn 9-9.

For the Hyenas, I'm thinking Kevin Hart, Kenan Thompson, and Ron Funches.  I think the three of them could do well together to bring a distinctive voice to each character.  But Kevin Hart would be taking a smaller than normal role (for him).

Timon and Pumba are tougher for me.  It'd be easy to point to Key and Peele as an obvious comedic duo, but they don't have the voices for the characters.  However, they're both impressionists (well, Peele is, but Key does accents), but that doesn't mean they can sing.  I think Whoopi Goldberg has the range for Timon.  Rick Ross would be hilarious for Pumba.  Now that I think about it, T-Pain for Timon?

Samuel L Jackson for Rafiki though.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 10:45:11 PM by nickmitch »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: March 31, 2017, 10:56:24 PM »
I know it would be only a nod to the hardcore fans of animation, but I think Jim Cummings should voice Scar, since he did such a great job filling in for Jeremy Irons in "Be Prepared".
My Game Collection

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: April 01, 2017, 03:01:46 AM »
I'd expect anyone doing these roles will have to make their own version of it. Key and Peele sounds good to me. Just be Key and Peele. An already established Duo would be good.

I mean technically Timon and Pumba are the types that teach you how to be unproductive burnouts but at the same time very Zen relaxed

How bout Willie Nelson and Snoop Dogg?

Also, why would every voice actor have to be live action actors? Plenty of great voice actors who are mainly off screen.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: April 01, 2017, 09:41:56 PM »
Rick & Morty S3E1 streaming on repeat right now
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams

it says April Fools, but I think that may be the joke.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: April 10, 2017, 09:44:32 PM »
Not really new but Better Call Saul Season 3 starts tonight and I'm excited to be getting new episodes of it again. It's been a long wait but I think this is one of the best series being made these days with the high quality of writing, acting and production that Breaking Bad had.

Speaking of Breaking Bad, Season 3 of Better Call Saul means that a certain past character from that show will now be featured in the series. See if you can guess who it is from the picture below and it isn't Mike or Saul I'm referring to:

I'm not sure how I feel about the return of Mr. Fring. The show has had a bit of odd dichotomy in that seems to be divided a bit between Saul/Jimmy and Mike who are operating in their own spaces. Although they've crossed paths a couple times, they've drifted more apart as the series has progressed and I've ended up like the Saul parts more as the show becomes an interesting legal/family/moral drama with stakes that feel just as important, if not more, than the Mike vs the underwold portion. However, the Mike stuff can often provide some of the more visceral and dangerous moments. It would seem we've come to the point in the story to finally start tying these two worlds closely together and I'm excited to see how it unfolds over the next 10 weeks.

Last year was great with Better Call Saul and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend both airing episodes on Monday nights making for my favorite night of television for awhile but that's not the case this year since Crazy Ex-Girlfriend was moved to Friday and played out its season early. But even with just BCS airing, Monday is back to being my favorite night of the week. PUMPED!!!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: April 11, 2017, 10:24:04 PM »
Thor: Ragnarok = Disney's most watched trailer in a 24 hour period
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/thor-ragnarok-trailer-is-marvel-disneys-watched-ever-24-hours-992978

Marvel's promise of a Thor vs. Hulk battle seems to have re-energized the Thor movie franchise.

The trailer for Thor: Ragnarok, which was unleashed Monday by Disney, the parent company of Marvel, has garnered more than 136 million views in only 24 hours.

It becomes the not only the most viewed Marvel trailer ever, but also the studio's most viewed trailer ever across all its brands, which includes Disney's live-action and animation divisions, Pixar, Star Wars, as well as Marvel.

The Beauty and the Beast trailer was the previous 24-hour record-holder for Disney with 127.6 million views. Star Wars: The Force Awakens was viewed 112 million times in that time frame. Captain America: Civil War held the previous Marvel record with 94 million views.

The trailer was met with tremendous enthusiasm, with it channeling a Guardians of the Galaxy vibe with both music and sci-fi fantasy worlds as it set up a scenario where Thor, played by a returning Chris Hemsworth, is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer. It offered glimpses of Hela, the movie's powerful new villain played by Cate Blanchett. And it closed with a killer line as Thor, forced to fight in a gladiatorial arena, sees his Avengers comrade Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), and bellows, "He's a friend from work." It's a line he quickly rues saying.

The Ragnarok trailer doesn't hold the most viewed overall record. The trailer for New Line’s adaptation of Stephen King’s It was viewed 197 million times in the 24 hours after its March 29 release, while Fate of the Furious was eyeballed 139 million times.

Taika Waititi, the New Zealand filmmaker behind the acclaimed indies Hunt for the Wilderpeople and What We Do in the Shadows, is in the director's seat for Ragnarok.

The movie will be released in the U.S. on Nov. 3.

does this change anyone's polling on highest grosser this year?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: April 13, 2017, 01:08:49 AM »
It is stiff competition, that is for sure. A lot of great movies already out and even more soon to come. Star Wars will be competitive, but I don't think it will be able to cut it, as the hype of being the "first in a long time" advantage that came for Episodes 1 & 7. Also, the end-of year release for SW may hurt its sales chances for 2017.

Spider-Man has always been a super popular property, so coupling that with the fandom of the MCU will also give it a good running.

Thor and JL will duke out third probably, but I think Thor will win out unless JL can knock it out of the park.
My Game Collection

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: April 13, 2017, 03:09:37 AM »
Actually there is little competition here. Most of these are Disney or WB.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: April 14, 2017, 02:45:59 AM »
speaking of which...

http://deadline.com/2017/04/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-projected-box-office-opening-1202068751/
Guardians early tracking for $150M opening weekend
Disney/Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 hit the tracking boards this morning and came on quite hot according to non-Disney sources. Rival estimates believe that the movie has the potential to feasibly open to $150M at the domestic B.O., and if the James Gunn-directed sequel gets to Captain America: Civil War proportions ($179.1M), that wouldn’t be a surprise.

Related'Beauty And The Beast' Roars Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office
Total awareness for GOTG Vol. 2 is at a massive 88%, definite interest is at 63% and firsts choice at 28%. Of course, it’s a no brainer that males will show up. Females are strong, but older females are the least strong among the four quads.

Now, we always have to footnote projections three weeks out. Anything can happen to vary these figures up or down, and has been the case with titles that come on tracking quite strong, they’re a challenge for the industry to make laser-point predictions on. Why is that? Because statistically there’s a small sampling of films that opened north of $100M.

Disney/Marvel’s The Avengers still holds the all-time opening record for the first weekend in May with $207.4M followed by Avengers: Age of Ultron ($191.2M), Captain America: Civil War ($179.1M), and Iron Man 3 ($174.1M).

BatB >$1B and looking at $1.5B, Guardians on it's way to $1B
Spidey is a likely candidate for $1B, and why not keep the train rolling and and get Thor across that line as well.

Just imagine what The Lion King is gonna make when that **** drops... and that's not even bringing up Disney's next BIG movie in Avengers 3 & 3ptII.

Is Disney gonna leave any air in the theater for WB?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: April 14, 2017, 03:03:28 AM »
Disney made some good investments.