Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216515 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #2650 on: July 01, 2014, 02:14:30 AM »
Found footage isn't inherently terrible. You are substituting what is objective for what is subjective. Nickmitch, you may not like it but it isn't bad. There are plenty of found footage films that do what found footage does best. That being said, found footage does not work for a film like Fantastic Four. It worked brilliantly for Chronicle because of the subject matter lending to the film.

Same with the lack of a define script. Doing that isn't bad itself, but usually those sort of things don't happen because they want it to happen. All they are doing here is setting up for a truly shitty film.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2651 on: July 01, 2014, 08:49:55 AM »
I just don't like seeing found footage being shoehorned where it doesn't really belong.

You're right that there are positive examples of it, but it's still off-putting to me.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: July 01, 2014, 11:36:07 AM »
Fantastic Four is a horror film?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: July 01, 2014, 11:56:39 AM »
It's going to be renamed:
We are The Four: Chronicle of the Fantastic

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2654 on: July 01, 2014, 07:32:51 PM »
Is there any way.  Marvel can use its insane profits from their upcoming movies to buy back the rights to Fantastic Four?  The X-men have been hit or miss, but they are at least treated with some respect as a franchise.  Especially these days, the X-men franchise is being handled competently. 

Marvel, please find away to buy back your rights...Fantastic Four shouldn't be too difficult.  Spiderman and X-men I understand will be harder, but perhaps not impossible in the future.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: July 01, 2014, 09:43:28 PM »
IF F4 bombs, it may be as simple as Fox selling it back for a reasonable price and washing their hands of the property. Or they could be assholes and sell back individual characters 1 by 1 (dual use) and then use whatever Marvel does with them to HYPE the next F4 movie.

Or maybe F4 is soooo bad, that Fox is begging to Disney to take it off their hands. (very unlikely, I'm sure they would still hold it regardless of losses incurred).

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: July 01, 2014, 09:54:50 PM »
It doesn't matter. Three strikes and you're out. If the next one sucks as much as it probably will, I don't think there will be anyone left that would give it another chance with another reboot.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: July 02, 2014, 12:03:13 AM »
Something to consider... is FOX trying to make the Fantastic Four brand so toxic that even Marvel won't touch it?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: July 02, 2014, 12:04:55 AM »
As far as I can tell, Marvel doesn't give a **** about Fantastic Four.

They want Dr. Doom, Galactus & Silver Surfer.
if GotG is a run away success, Annihilus and Super Skrull would probably be very handy as well.

edit:
If they got the license back, they would probably only include the F4 just to introduce Doom or Silver Surfer.
If the movie is sooo bad just before they get the license back, then I wouldn't be surprised to see the Fantastic 4 handled though a post credit scene after easter eggs and name drops sprinkled through out some other movie (a B or C plot). such as news paper clipping/news reports about a research team headed to space headed by the infamous Reed Richard and crew. then the final conflict of whatever the movie is, would be keeping the enemy away from the launch pad and allowing them (F4) to take off. It would seem like a total B/C plot to uninformed movie-goers, until the post credit scene is cosmic rays fucking them up in the middle of their experiments and changes beginning to happen. roll the credits. That gets the origin out of the way w/o having to dedicate another movie to them.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 12:21:29 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2659 on: July 02, 2014, 01:11:06 AM »
I think you are right...3rd times a charm on getting it wrong.  And no Fox is not trying to make it toxic.  Fox wants to ride this Marvel Super Hero hype train for future success.  Nobody spends money to lose money.  However, they are foolishly changing the formula...something Marvel has been quite intelligent not doing...and something that Warner Bros is foolish to do.  "We can make every DC hero Batman." 

I do agree that Marvel probably wants the villains back more than anything else.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: July 02, 2014, 01:30:44 AM »
I wonder, is there a good storyline for a Doom centric movie that could house the origin of Doom and the F4, portraying things more from Dr. Dooms perspective as the F4 attempt to thwart his plans.
Sort of the Tucker & Dale vs Evil of Superherovillian movies only not quite so innocent.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2661 on: July 02, 2014, 02:12:27 AM »
I like the idea of your origin story.  Or you know what...just let them exist, already, and have somebody like Hulk work with them, allowing the introduction to be a more natural, get to know you instead full origin story.  Then after that, focus on telling a story about who Dr. Doom is.  Dr. Doom is actually a very interesting character that can take the lead.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: July 02, 2014, 09:44:34 AM »
Honestly don't think Dr.Doom needs the Fantastic Four as much as the Fantastic Four needs him.  He's the main villian in Super Hero Squad and they seem to let him be used without the F4 quiet a bit in the Video things.  I could think of a way to just let life tear Dr.Doom into what he is and not really be that different of an origin.
*rereads about Dr.Doom Origin* 
Oh, yeah it would be super simple to tweak his origins.  I still don't see where the Fantastic 4 would really fit in MCU.  Much like I don't see how X-Men would fit either.  The Pop-in Pop-Out nature of Spiderman would make him easy enough.

I agree the Rogue Gallery and Silver Surfer are probably vastly more important to Marvel and Disney.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: July 02, 2014, 10:58:01 AM »
You can't do doom without the F4. His character traits are mostly about getting revenge and one upping Reed. I mean he's the godfather to Reed and Sue's daughter and isn't that bad of a person.  He's just as much of an ass you'd expect a royal genuis dictator to be.

Also for all the talk of world conquest in the comics Dooms biggest achivememt was being able to save reeds daughter's life when reed himself couldn't even do it.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: July 02, 2014, 01:49:14 PM »
You can't do doom without the F4. His character traits are mostly about getting revenge and one upping Reed. I mean he's the godfather to Reed and Sue's daughter and isn't that bad of a person.  He's just as much of an ass you'd expect a royal genuis dictator to be.

Also for all the talk of world conquest in the comics Dooms biggest achivememt was being able to save reeds daughter's life when reed himself couldn't even do it.
Richard is not key to Dooms Origin.  It is key for him to have a rival.  Someone he thinks that shafted him.  Unlike some other origins that is relatively easy to shift to another character. 
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: July 02, 2014, 03:52:27 PM »
damn, I had a scenario typed out for how to do a Dr. Doom movie and include Reed Richards and the Fantastic Four, but the site was having database issues... so I moved on and lost the post.

It was basically do Dr. Dooms origin, and have Reed be the Harry Osborn to Doom's Peter Parker (or the other way around... which ever makes more sense to you).
Dr. Doom is a selfish egotistical genius with a singular goal in mind, saving his mom. Comes to school in America, gets annoyed, befriended, interrupted and embarrassed By Reed always trying to be the smartest guy in the room. This breeds a deep seeded resentment of the man which leads him back to his home country of Latveria where he uses his intellect to overthrow the current regime and become dictator of the country, now vowing to use his resources to destroy Richards in an act of revenge. Seeing Richards find great success and about to successfully launch a research mission into space, Doom plans his revenge to take over whatever city F4 is based out of so that Reeds comes home to Doom's Country and has to live by Doom's rules (or whatever). Of course Reeds mission goes all wrong and they come back to Earth much sooner than expected and thwart the plans of Dr.  Doom forcing him to retreat back to Latveria.

having retyped the general idea from what I remember of it... it sounds like a horrible movie. And you can probably tell that I haven't ever read a single F4 or Dr. Doom comic.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: July 03, 2014, 01:25:03 AM »
I'm just going to say - a F4 movie won't ever work.

The Fantastic Four are, in essence, "The First Family of Comics".  They've tried mixing up the comic by swapping out characters here and there, but it always comes back to A man, his best friend, his girl and his girl's brother.  A tight, close knit, group.  The adventures and battles they have are the side-story.  This isn't the kind of thing you can grow, shape and mold in a 2-hour movie *and* fully develop a villain *and* fully develop conflict between the two *and* make us care about both sides enough to be invested in what's actually going on.  Even something like X-Men, the focus is put on Wolverine and the others are thrown in to the background - and all you have to do here is build the characters - Fantastic Four really requires that you build the characters *and* build their family dynamic into the picture.  Sure, in X-Men, you have to establish Wolverine's relationship with Rouge, then Jean Grey, then Professor X, then Cyclops, then Storm... but what about Professor X and Storm?  Rogue and Cyclops?  They don't really interact much.  But, to make the Fantastic Four work, you have to show each of the characters interacting with each of the characters to develop this family that we're supposed to care about.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: July 03, 2014, 02:01:02 AM »
Storm and Professor X interacted alot espcially when the x-men split into gold and blue teams. But I get your point.

The F4 could work if given to brad bird.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: July 03, 2014, 02:03:50 AM »
I'm just going to say - a F4 movie won't ever work.

The Fantastic Four are, in essence, "The First Family of Comics".  They've tried mixing up the comic by swapping out characters here and there, but it always comes back to A man, his best friend, his girl and his girl's brother.  A tight, close knit, group.  The adventures and battles they have are the side-story.  This isn't the kind of thing you can grow, shape and mold in a 2-hour movie *and* fully develop a villain *and* fully develop conflict between the two *and* make us care about both sides enough to be invested in what's actually going on.  Even something like X-Men, the focus is put on Wolverine and the others are thrown in to the background - and all you have to do here is build the characters - Fantastic Four really requires that you build the characters *and* build their family dynamic into the picture.  Sure, in X-Men, you have to establish Wolverine's relationship with Rouge, then Jean Grey, then Professor X, then Cyclops, then Storm... but what about Professor X and Storm?  Rogue and Cyclops?  They don't really interact much.  But, to make the Fantastic Four work, you have to show each of the characters interacting with each of the characters to develop this family that we're supposed to care about.

Nah, I disagree. Shingi's post below you proves that it can work. If the Incredibles did it as a cartoon, I'm sure it can be done with live-action. If someone with enough talent took over the project, they could create such a film.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: July 03, 2014, 02:16:03 AM »
I don't think it would be that hard at all to actually make a decent F4 movie, just no one has tried yet. The first one actually did a pretty decent job of explaining the characters and their interactions, but all of the details were simply horrible.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: July 03, 2014, 03:36:40 AM »

Looks like a more unique take on the Dracula story as far as movies go.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:07:36 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: July 03, 2014, 07:44:19 AM »
For the love of all things good, stop it with the damn origin stories.

F4 doesn't work because it's fundamentally boring and bullshit. When you have Reed build an Ultimate nullifier out of his ass you just know even the writers don't give a ****.

They also share a problem I have with the X-men, their powers are so singular and uncreative to the point that you can't do anything interesting with them. Cyclopes is the most easy example of this, he shoots or he doesn't shoot. Unless you count his powers of being a dick, that's all he's got. Its why in all the movies they keep picking Wolverine as the focus point, compared to everyone else he is multifaceted and more importantly, easy to write for.

They could have picked Storm, but her powers are more grand and hard to use in a budget effective way like slapping plastic on to some hands. Throw in the fact they ditched her African origins and cast Hallie Berry showed they had no confidence or ability to write for such a character which is basically anything not a white straight male with varying levels of gruffness.

It doesn't help I am burned out on super hero movies since it is pretty much watching the same movie over and over again while taking crazy pills.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: July 03, 2014, 10:17:40 AM »

I'm glad that Snyder went with a lighter blue for the suit and adjusted the belt area.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: July 03, 2014, 10:36:37 AM »
Ia it me or does he look like...really short?
black fairy tales are better at sports