Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216490 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #2600 on: June 19, 2014, 04:12:42 PM »
That's a long time from now.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: June 19, 2014, 04:30:40 PM »
The Man is busy.

BvS & JL, then a movie he was already contracted to do, and then he should be free.... but he might have cameos in other movies as well.... who knows. A lot can happen in 4.5yrs, so who knows. The DCCU may never even take off, and they may have to reboot in 4.5yrs time.

At least we know they have plans.... Marvel has it all mapped out to 2028... DC will always be playing catch up.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: June 19, 2014, 08:03:51 PM »
Gotham | Villians Teaser

I'm not convinced it will be a good show, but I'll still check it out.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: June 20, 2014, 04:29:09 AM »
I'm not impressed. The show better swim in the tense thriller style that POI perfected for this to work.

However, this is on Fox (and given that the costs are all vertical in production like AOS is on ABC) so this might be an easy renewal.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2604 on: June 20, 2014, 09:31:45 AM »
I'm not too keen on the premise.  Having "younger" versions of all the villains really just makes it "Batman Minus Batman".  The Penguin is the only one who really makes sense to me since he's a mob-boss type villain.  Catwoman being there just makes the future romance between her and Bruce creepy.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: June 20, 2014, 05:27:06 PM »
JJ Abrams is no longer directing the Star Wars Trilogy!?
http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/star-wars-rian-johnson-director-next-two-movies/
Looks like Rian Johnson (Looper, Brick & a few fan favorite eps of Breaking Bad*) will be directing Ep VIII and writing Ep IX

*The Fly Episode and Ozymandias

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: June 23, 2014, 11:57:32 AM »
I'm not too keen on the premise.  Having "younger" versions of all the villains really just makes it "Batman Minus Batman".  The Penguin is the only one who really makes sense to me since he's a mob-boss type villain.  Catwoman being there just makes the future romance between her and Bruce creepy.

Catwoman is the same age as Bruce in the show. Also if you could do a batman without batman show the subset of characters used are pretty damn slim. You pretty much have

The Riddler
Catwoman
The Penguin
Black Mask
Roman Falcone

Nearly every other Villain either surfaces due to Batman or they're orgins don't make for a compelling TV series. 

Also lol at BNM. If Ant-man and Shazam go head to head Shazam will stop all over it. The Rock's pull is way bigger than Paul Rudd especially if they play to his strengths unlike the Hercules movie coming out next month.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: June 23, 2014, 12:03:29 PM »
Also Shazam isn't a DCU movie. While the comic did tie in too the DCU at smallpoints the books for 95% of its run is Vertgio. The chances that it ties in with everything will be pretty slim unless DC see's it as a jumping on point for the supernatural stuff of the DCU in the same way Guardians was for the Marvel Cosmic stuff.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: June 23, 2014, 01:29:27 PM »
Also lol at BNM. If Ant-man and Shazam go head to head Shazam will stop all over it. The Rock's pull is way bigger than Paul Rudd especially if they play to his strengths unlike the Hercules movie coming out next month.

That's basically what I said anyway. The only way Shazam would beat the "random" MCU movie is if BvS hit big and/or The Rock was Shazam.
But I had my dates mixed up anyway. Ant-Man comes out next year (2015). The DCCU doesn't even start till 2016. It will likely be Shazam vs Dr. Strange.
Magic vs Magic
but the scenario is the same. If The Rock is Shazam, then they stand a good chance at stealing HYPE, otherwise Dr. Strange will be coming off of Avengers 2, Ant-Man & Captain America 3 HYPE. So BvS better be a "fucking awesome" movie.

Also DC would be stupid to not make it all tie into each other, especially if The Rock as Shazam is a hit. It will be coming right after BvS and also be one of the movies leading into Justice League. Wasted opportunity with big talent if they don't.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: June 23, 2014, 01:43:50 PM »
Shazam is an interesting character as long as you have a Counterpoint to him.  Which, ironically, post-Justice League Worldly Superman does an excellent job of in JLU.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: June 23, 2014, 05:51:32 PM »
Well Black Adam and Doctor Silvana work as those counterpoints. But when I meant the DCU I think every film with the exception of Sandman will be in it. Sandman as a book is pretty standalone and most of the DC related charcters that are in it are golden age guys that don't work in the context of this universe.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: June 23, 2014, 05:58:08 PM »
 I did hear a theory that the DCCU might work as a multi-verse since prior that know the material have all said that Sandman is usually pretty unconnected to everyone else. then that would still leave them room for crossovers when multi-verses collide.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2612 on: June 23, 2014, 08:56:39 PM »
I remember that Rock as Black Adam rumour.  That'd be great if he lost like 80 pounds.  Dude is sometimes too swole.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: June 24, 2014, 12:18:27 PM »
New TMNT Trailer

English Version

Non-English Version
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20675h_new-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-trailer_shortfilms

why post them both? what the difference?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:07:08 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
New TMNT trailer - this has completely taken away any interest I had in seeing this movie.

I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
A few things about that trailer:

1) The Shredder design is where they lose me.
2) Turtles have too much going on in their design.
3) April using a phone and not a camera also puts me off.
4) The line about them not being aliens is kinda funny.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
Yeah my bad. Anyway, the movie looks terrible. Shredder is not a robot (or a Samurai), the foot clan is not a group of domestic terrorists with guns, and the voices are just terrible. Michelangelo's is okay, but all of the other ones just sound like random humans. Shredder isn't even the main bad guy except for in the 1987 cartoon series (which admittedly I love and cherish). Can someone move these last few posts to the other thread? Pulling a tendoboy and derailing this thread...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: June 24, 2014, 08:10:09 PM »
The Shredder design is brilliant...for a Transformers movie. You can really see the Michael Bay-isms at play in this trailer.

It is in the "Wait for Netflix" category for me.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: June 24, 2014, 09:17:02 PM »
I don't know why they didn't just continue on with the style in the last Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Movie.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2619 on: June 24, 2014, 10:00:00 PM »
Yeah my bad. Anyway, the movie looks terrible. Shredder is not a robot (or a Samurai), the foot clan is not a group of domestic terrorists with guns, and the voices are just terrible. Michelangelo's is okay, but all of the other ones just sound like random humans. Shredder isn't even the main bad guy except for in the 1987 cartoon series (which admittedly I love and cherish). Can someone move these last few posts to the other thread? Pulling a tendoboy and derailing this thread...

Uh, hold up.

Shredder's been the defacto bad guy in every iteration that's NOT the original Mirage comics (and their canonical continuations). He was the main bad dude in the 1980's cartoon, the Archie Adventure Series, the 2000's cartoon, the new Nick cartoon, and the new IDW comic series. He IS a samurai in the IDW comic...well, he was in feudal Japan, but he was put in Ooze-assisted suspended animation (it sounds dumb but it really works that comic is legit).

In fact, it's the Turtles' distinct LACK of supervillains that has plagued them since the beginning. The most consistent villain other than Shredder has been Baxter Stockman and MAYBE Krang (he's gone through SO MANY reboots).

I'll stop now. Anyway, this trailer actually made me MORE hopeful for the movie, with a few comments:

1. Yes, Shredder looks like a goddamn Transformer. On the other hand, it looks like Fincher (Filcher?) is NOT Shredder.
2. I appreciate the attempt to make all the Turtles distinct aside from coloration, which is another problem the characters have struggled with. However, they all--especially Donatello--look WAY overdesigned. Like, DAMN.
3. I still don't buy Meagan Fox as April O'Neil, and I never will.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: June 24, 2014, 11:41:22 PM »
The pilot for the flash is really good.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: June 24, 2014, 11:52:22 PM »
I don't know why they didn't just continue on with the style in the last Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Movie.

No reason they wouldn't or couldn't. This is a live action film and there are many other instances of live action and animated films releasing for the same property. They could do it to ride on the interest this film will bring to the franchise.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: June 25, 2014, 12:04:48 AM »

No reason they wouldn't or couldn't. This is a live action film and there are many other instances of live action and animated films releasing for the same property. They could do it to ride on the interest this film will bring to the franchise.

Well the film is riding on the intrest of how great the current series and toys are doing. I doubt we see anything like the CG film for a while. For the next couple of years there's probably just going to be the the three universes we have now in the nick cartoon, the current movie, and the comic by IDW.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: June 25, 2014, 09:16:03 AM »
Ok so I just watched it again...is Shredder *not* a robot? I mean you do see the guy from Perfect Storm talking to what looks like a giant bald dude. That's my main gripe, really. I don't care if Shredder is the main bad guy, I just don't want him to be a fucking robot, as that would completely **** all over the entire story since Shredder is one of the main reasons the TMNT even exist.

Maybe I was just in a bad mood when I watched it yesterday. Doesn't make me nearly as angry today.

And is that Johnny Knoxville as Leonardo?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 09:22:17 AM by Brandogg »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2624 on: June 25, 2014, 09:19:36 AM »
The trailer makes the movie look like it's trying too hard to be modern.

Part of the trailer reminded me of the Robocop trailer where they say "Let's make it sleeker. How about black?"  That was the exact part where my interest in that reboot was lost.  Still haven't seen that one.