Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216446 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #2575 on: June 12, 2014, 03:39:10 PM »
This should be awesome.

I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: June 12, 2014, 04:47:10 PM »
Michael Keatons returns to the Superhero genre as BATBIRDMAN...
or the Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance

and before anyone ask, NO. It is not Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law... (I don't think)
and NO. It is not "Baby" "Birdman" from Cash Money.

BIRDMAN or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance is a black comedy that tells the story of an actor (Michael Keaton) – famous for portraying an iconic superhero – as he struggles to mount a Broadway play. In the days leading up to opening night, he battles his ego and attempts to recover his family, his career, and himself.

In Theaters Oct. 17, 2014
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 08:37:32 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: June 12, 2014, 06:13:52 PM »
BnM you're getting terrible at posting YouTube videos.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: June 12, 2014, 06:25:58 PM »
Nothing news worthy here, but DC Comics made some art for the Person of Interest team to keep in their office.

http://t.co/o9ghWPezK2

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: June 12, 2014, 08:37:08 PM »
BnM you're getting terrible at posting YouTube videos.

you know what's funny, is that it worked on my phone. funny how now I come to a computer and it won't display because of the httpS

you should smite me everytime I make that mistake in the future.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2580 on: June 12, 2014, 08:39:26 PM »
Nothing news worthy here, but DC Comics made some art for the Person of Interest team to keep in their office.

http://t.co/o9ghWPezK2

Is Person of Interest a DC property?
If so, is the show following the book, or is the show on a path of it's own creation?

edit: I guess since I'm in here an on the topic of DC, I should probably post this...

DC's supposed movie schedule for the DCCU
http://nikkifinke.com/comic-con/
May 2016 – Batman v Superman
July 2016 – Shazam
Xmas 2016 – Sandman
May 2017 – Justice League
July 2017 – Wonder Woman
Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2
Meanwhile, if you were wondering why Batman v Superman was delayed, it wasn’t the script or Ben Affleck or Jesse Eisenberg but with the fact that this pic will act as a launching pad for the Justice League. According to my source, “Like Marvel’s The Avengers, there will be cameos of superheroes for future installments. The cameos will include the already known Cyborg and Flash. Green Lantern [not played by Ryan Reynolds, thank god] may be introduced.  And Aquaman will be seen in the Justice League movie. Problem is, Warner Bros Pictures was still negotiating with the actors for those cameos and future roles, meaning major contracts for multiple JL/character films to follow. The studio didn’t want to move forward until they had more of this secure so they held off starting production for a few months. Seemingly simple reason, but the implications are pretty darn huge.â€

3 pics a year starting with BvS sounds a little over ambitious, and surely the beginning of the burst of the comic bubble. If that schedule held true, then DC would be flooding the pipe, and that does no one any good. I know they were playing catch up, but they don't need to do it in 2 years total.
With 3-5 "Marvel" movies a year (2-3 from Marvel Studios, 1 from Sony, 1-2 from Fox) and then 3 DCCU movies, I think we will hit comic movie fatigue faster than Quicksilver's cassette tape would have ran out had it played at an actual speed for him to listen to during his big scene in DOFP.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 08:50:11 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: June 12, 2014, 10:12:03 PM »
Shazam could be fun.  Sort of an interesting choice for that point.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: June 13, 2014, 03:14:00 AM »
Person of Interest is not a DC property, it's totally original. The only link i can see is that Jonathan Nolan (the creator) was the writer on the Dark Knight Trilogy.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: June 14, 2014, 08:29:10 AM »
3 pics a year starting with BvS sounds a little over ambitious, and surely the beginning of the burst of the comic bubble. If that schedule held true, then DC would be flooding the pipe, and that does no one any good.

It doesn't seem fair to say something about DC doing three-films-a-year when Marvel has released an average of 2.8 films/year over the last 11 years.  Sure, Marvel's been building up the Avengers universe, but that only accounts for about a third of the movies they've released.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: June 14, 2014, 09:17:25 AM »
But the only DC characters anyone cares about are Batman and Superman. The rest of those movies will not do well. Luckily I think they will only burst the DC "bubble," if you can even say that there is one. I kind of feel that Batman and Superman are on a completely different level, that most people (well, a good portion of the movie audience) don't even consider that there even exist Batman and Superman comic books, so they wouldn't be hurt by too many comic movies being released.

« Reply #2586 on: June 14, 2014, 09:56:43 AM »
My dad things Batman is based on a campy tv show from the 60's and the comics ripped that off. He also thinks Spider-Man is based on a toy and didn't know there were comics of that either. I was naming comic book movies with them the other day when my dad asked me if they still make comic book based movies, he hadn't heard of any since Casper apparently. I mentioned Wonder Woman and my mom said no thats based on a TV show they never made a comic book of her, but they should she said. I also agree Batman and Superman are all I ever hear about outside of comic book fans. I think Justice League is a much harder sell because to most people who don't read or follow the books think of it as just Batman and Superman crossover anyways.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: June 14, 2014, 11:20:06 AM »
3 pics a year starting with BvS sounds a little over ambitious, and surely the beginning of the burst of the comic bubble. If that schedule held true, then DC would be flooding the pipe, and that does no one any good.

It doesn't seem fair to say something about DC doing three-films-a-year when Marvel has released an average of 2.8 films/year over the last 11 years.  Sure, Marvel's been building up the Avengers universe, but that only accounts for about a third of the movies they've released.

It may not be fair, but DC is coming into a market already dominated by "Marvel" movies. DC putting another 3 movies a year into the mix could be flooding the market and burst this little comic book movie thing we have going on. I wish them success... kinda, but not if it interferes with my ongoing MCU/Avengers movies. I am not invested in anyway for 99% of DC's characters, so almost none of these movies excite/interest me.

If the DCCU came in at the expense of the declining Spider-man franchise, and pushed F4 off the table, then great, but there are just going to be too many comic movies in one year for the trend to stay healthy.

Let's look at the proposed schedule off the top of my head.

DC:
July 2016 – Shazam
Xmas 2016 – Sandman

Marvel:
May 2016 - Avengers
July 2016 - Ant-Man

Fox
? ?? 2016 - X-Men: Apocalypse
Aug 2016 - Fantastic Four

Sony
? ?? 2016 - Spider-man: Sinister Six

These movies are going to cannibalize each other. It won't be healthy for the movies if none of them make any money because they all cut each other off at the knees. Captain America 2 only made it as far as it did, off word of mouth, because it has most of April all to itself. ASM2 got cut off at the knees, not just because of bad WOM, but because Godzilla and then Xmen DOFP released right after it. Of course Spider-mans monetary issue came from overspending, but it still would have made more had it not been crammed into one of the busiest months of the year.

and honestly, with a Marvel Studios backing, DC might find themselves coming up short in the head to head battles they are setting up. BvS up against Avenger 2... same day!? Way too much build up leading into A2 for people to not go see it.
Ant-Man vs Shazam basically boils down to an MCU backed movie fresh off the heels of A2 vs another Superman like character that no one has heard of, following up BvS. The only thing I see hyping that movie over the follow-up of A2 is if The Rock is actually Shazam and BvS killed in the theater.

« Reply #2588 on: June 14, 2014, 12:04:22 PM »
not to mention Star Wars is going to wipe everything clean when it releases and that if it turns out good has to potential to shake things up with their plans to make a new movie every year, its going to get really crowded.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: June 14, 2014, 12:35:01 PM »
A new one every year?!? Aw man, give it at least a two year gap between films unless they are part of a complete 'cycle' like Lord of the Rings. I would hope they rest it like every major long-running film must do to survive. Pirates is on a rest but you know that will be back before the decade is out.

Unless they are talking about 'lesser' movies then I suppose one Star Wars film a year could be pulled off. The lore and fanbase are broad enough that could be sustained.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2590 on: June 14, 2014, 01:20:34 PM »
There's so much ground to cover with Star Wars now that the extended universe is wiped.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: June 14, 2014, 01:23:57 PM »
They have a new Star Wars trilogy planned and 2 spin-off movies to that will go inbetween.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2592 on: June 14, 2014, 01:29:42 PM »
There's more than enough story to cover that.

Still hoping for a trilogy based on the origins of the Jedi religion though.  So many questions that could be explored.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: June 14, 2014, 11:50:15 PM »
But the only DC characters anyone cares about are Batman and Superman. The rest of those movies will not do well.

There was a day when spectators thought no one cared about Iron Man and Thor - that movies  about them would never do well.  Iron Man 1 was a big gamble at the time.

It may not be fair, but DC is coming into a market already dominated by "Marvel" movies. DC putting another 3 movies a year into the mix could be flooding the market and burst this little comic book movie thing we have going on.

Since 2004, DC has released a steady stream of one movie a year (not including things like V or RED, skipping 2007) - two more movies in the mix won't hurt... the key being is that they can't suck... which is something Warner Bros./DC hasn't excelled at.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: June 15, 2014, 01:10:19 AM »
I don't think there was ever any doubt that Iron Man would do well. Thor's success was a surprise.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: June 15, 2014, 10:00:26 AM »
There was a *lot* of doubt.  Casting RDJ was a huge risk, as his career was pretty much dead at that point.  Rights to the film had gone through three other studios before Marvel decided to self-produce it because no one really wanted to take the risk.  It was Marvel's first movie (which, alone, would be a pretty big risk), featured a property that the general public wasn't too familiar with (the previous attempt to bring Iron Man to any screen, the 90's Animated Series lasted a mere 26 episodes in syndication and was pretty poorly received, being massively overhauled between the first and second season, then cancelled after the second season), and it's been reported that 30 different writers passed on the movie.

Iron Man had a *lot* going against it.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2596 on: June 15, 2014, 11:00:07 AM »
I dunno, I think this bubble is going to burst.  DC won't be putting out any more movies until 2016, when they'll start adding 3 a year.  Meanwhile, the other studios aren't slowing up and will fill the gap before DC piles on top of it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: June 15, 2014, 11:12:51 AM »
Yes, exactly. It will just be too much all the time for most of then to make enough money to keep it going. There is a very good chance that they will cannibalize each other in the box office.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: June 15, 2014, 11:21:09 AM »
I'm with BnM in hoping this doesn't upset the Marvel Train. I love Batman, and Arrow has been fantastic, but this may be a little too much.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: June 19, 2014, 03:53:26 PM »
So ontop of this (which Kevin Smith kinda co-signs as something he has heard as well...)

DC's supposed movie schedule for the DCCU
http://nikkifinke.com/comic-con/
July 2016 – Shazam
Xmas 2016 – Sandman
May 2017 – Justice League
July 2017 – Wonder Woman
Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2

Rumor: DC planning "The Batman" for 2019
http://badassdigest.com/2014/06/19/rumored-warner-bros.-plans-the-batman-for-2019

ccording to sources, I'm hearing the studio is eyeing 2019 for the standalone Batman film and I even got a working title: THE BATMAN.

Let's break it down. Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice League should be ending production in December, then they break for the holidays and go into production on Justice League in the winter of 2015.

Affleck then takes a break from donning the cape and in the summer of 2015, he writes, directs, and stars in his period gangster film Live By Night. The film's scheduled to hit theaters in October 2016. The studio has the time after Live By Night's release to develop the screenplay to the standalone Batman film ready to start production either in 2017 or 2018. It wouldn't surprise me if they actively start developing the script after Justice League or sooner.