Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216500 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #2425 on: April 15, 2014, 02:31:30 PM »
If they get FF4 back I personally would forget the Origin movie and put them in the background of another one, say GotG2, and just bring them in like they were always there.  Then in the next phase do the origin.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: April 15, 2014, 03:18:46 PM »
I would reference their "eventful" space trip in another movie, like a news broadcast of some specialized private research team heading out to space on an exploratory mission that went wrong. Then in the F4 movie I would start the movie with them having just come to terms with their abilities but still figuring out how to use them, then use quick flash backs to the incident to show the origin.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:34:17 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: April 15, 2014, 03:27:58 PM »
I would reference their "eventful" space trip in another movie, like a news broadcast of some specialized private research team heading out to space on an exploratory mission that went wrong. Then in the F4 movie I would start the movie with them having just come to terms with their abilities but still figuring out how to use them, then use quick flash backs to the incident to show the origin.
Do it like Pacific Rim.  Hit the Highlights to the point.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: April 15, 2014, 03:34:27 PM »
Yes,

Or maybe a cold open to the movie of them on the spaceship just being a "family" (joking around, helping each other, usual friendly banter and conversation) while working on their individual research projects, when the radiation storm happens. Alarms and things go off, panic mode is activated as they try to dodge this sudden radiation storm that came out of nowhere.*blackout* chaos *blackout* screaming *blackout* quick clips of their experiments affecting their physical attributes (Johhny glowing red before he catches fire, Sue fading in and out of visibility, Ben swelling and then calcifying into a rock like substance, Reed melting and skin drooping into a puddle) and then more quick clips of the ship auto activating a return home protocol, heading back towards earth and then crash landing in the ocean.

*cut to Marvel logo and the opening intro credits*
then jump to 6 months later....

Everyone seems fine, life is carrying on as usual, Johnny looks normal and cracking jokes, Sue looks normal shaking her head at Johnny's stupid joke, Reed looks normal engrossed in whatever experiment he's working on, and then *thump*thump*thump* Ben "The Thing" Grimm enters the room, almost as big as the hulk making a half way joking threat to Johnny "You think you're such hot stuff Johnny boy, you better shut your trap or I'll clobber you".
Johnny Flames up.
Sue puts an invisible field intbetween the two
Ben accidentally knocks a shelf and a Large Vial of some liquid falls off the shelf
Reed reaches from 8feet away and grabs it just before it hits the ground telling them to take it outside because he's working in here.

*Jump to the Fantastic Four Logo*
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:53:02 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: April 15, 2014, 04:36:24 PM »
It be cool if they went more Hellboyish for the banter.  You know how there always alluding to past missions and short handing it.  I always liked that about that series.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2430 on: April 15, 2014, 04:43:54 PM »
So this is supposed to be released by June 2015?

I remember Star Trek Into Darkness was pushed back because they couldn't complete post production in time for the original release date. That was about 9 months of post, i think?

Assuming this is the same rough timeframe, it's already starting to push it.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: April 16, 2014, 11:14:34 PM »
So... Beware the Batman is coming back... sorta.  The entire series is going to start re-airing at 3 AM on the Toonami block - supposedly burning through all 26 episodes (only 17 have aired, I believe).

I wonder if the ratings at even 3AM would be worth it.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2432 on: April 17, 2014, 02:50:12 AM »
Fantastic Four has to be one of the more difficult series to create.

It seems like it would be easy, however, you have the problem of Fantastic Four stories tend to be big space/science stories mixed with the family dynamic.  Personally, I hope Marvel gets the franchise back, because it needs to be handled with the care of someone looking to make the traditional bigger universe, trilogy story arcs that Marvel Films are doing now.

And I would personally go for an introduction story, simply because they have a unique story.  They are astronauts lost in space after an accident.  I would play up the national space heroes surviving story line.  In fact, I would focus a huge first half of the film on creating a survival story.  Humans lost at space using their intelligence and relationships to bond.  What I would do, is have the relationships already in place.  Have Invisible Girl already married to Mr. Fantastic.  Have the characters appear to be a family before the movie starts...not meeting each other for the first time.

Then have them come home, and deal with the changes to their bodies.  Again, make it scientific, smart, survival based and keep it psychological...not that it can't be fun or funny at times...but this is a family that went to a tragic event that keeps on changing them.  Start having the effects occur to them during decompression and quarantine.

I don't know who could be the villain for the first movie.  Definitely not Dr. Doom...that is 2nd or 3rd movie stuff.  I would almost think a generic crisis would be acceptable, to introduce the world the the FF4.  But it is important that they remain heroes and have a positive image in the world.  This is something that the Avengers could lose, but I think it is core to FF4.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: April 17, 2014, 03:32:24 PM »
Problem is that the Fantastic four aren't superheroes but explorers.

Best thing you can do is make it pulpy as hell in the vein of Flash Gordon or Doc Savage. Team gets the powers but are sent off into an Alien World or underground to fight moleman

They get the coatumes half way into the movie and at the end they've been dubbed the Fantastic Four. When prompted about the dangers facing the World (Mutants,Alien, mole people, etc).

Reed simply states that's why the world has the Future Foundation. Ends with FF.

Anywho anyone see gods not dead yet?

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: April 17, 2014, 03:38:38 PM »
On the Fantastic Four be sort of interesting to be Indiana Jone-ish with a team but, GotG will probably do that from looks.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: April 19, 2014, 11:20:44 AM »
Another Batman Animated movie has been announced. This time based on the recent Arkham games

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: April 19, 2014, 02:30:46 PM »
Meh - I took out the link, no religious discussion, but that God's Not Dead (even though it's fiction, like the subject matter) probably shouldn't be posted.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:36:52 PM by Brandogg »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2437 on: April 19, 2014, 06:03:36 PM »
I think the "subtlety" in your post may also fall under those rules.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: April 19, 2014, 07:35:27 PM »
Meh - I took out the link, no religious discussion, but that God's Not Dead (even though it's fiction, like the subject matter) probably shouldn't be posted.

Didn't know that was in the ToS sorry. Despite being a Christan (albeit a somewhat Agnostic) but I mostly posted the video for the comedic value. I'm going to see it next week.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: April 20, 2014, 01:51:22 AM »
Yay for Kevin Conroy, But is that Mark Hamil I hear as the Joker? pls say yes!
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: April 20, 2014, 02:11:29 AM »
I thought Mark said he was no longer going to voice the Joker because it was hurting his vocal chords?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: April 20, 2014, 06:28:04 AM »
he said Arkham Ayslum would be the last time, but we know how that went ;)

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: April 20, 2014, 09:24:33 AM »
Mark Hamil said that Arkham City was his last time vocing the Joker and he'd only return if DC were to do an adaption of the Killing Joke.

Seems like the Sucide Squad is getting a lot of play internally lately.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: April 20, 2014, 04:50:55 PM »
Who's the big white dude? Doesn't look like Killer Croc, don't recognize him. We need more Deathstroke, I'm disappointed in how he was portrayed in son of batman. Deathstroke had nothing to do with the league of assassins, He has his code.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: April 20, 2014, 08:07:56 PM »
Son of Batman.  I hated that movie. 

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: April 20, 2014, 09:21:36 PM »

Damn. What were your main problems with it.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2446 on: April 20, 2014, 09:34:11 PM »
Pretty meh about that trailer. That's not Hamill, either. It's pretty clearly Troy Baker (from Arkham Origins).
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2447 on: April 22, 2014, 12:02:12 AM »
I hate that the new DC animated movies are violent for violence sake.  It's like they saw that some of the violence in a few of their movies got attention and helped it sell, and now they just do it for no reason...and it is becoming poorly done, and have no value to the sin.

This is what I hate about Son of Batman, and the Dark Knight Returns.  When they decide to do the whole Joker scene, I was disturbed and turned off by the entire movie.  It wasn't fun anymore. 

I think you can have intense and serious fight scenes without going too graphic, and until DC animation returns to that philosophy I will continue to be disappointed with their work. 

Also, I wish that they would balance some of the action and realism of the characters.  But, that is just a minor nitpick.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: April 24, 2014, 06:18:39 PM »

Damn. What were your main problems with it.

I'm afraid my suspension of disbelief only extends so far.  I see a giant guy built like a bulldozer with wolverine claws on both hands running away from a 10 year old kid, I facepalm. 

When I see that the "climax" of the movie was a duel between a 10 year old kid and DEATHSTROKE (who I might add has superhuman strength and reflexes etc.) I die a little inside.  How could anyone take that seriously?  I mean sure, the kid is a great fighter, but there comes a point when combat skills aren't enough.  Fighting Deathstroke is one such occasion. 

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: April 24, 2014, 08:01:35 PM »
It's a about a kid who's dad dress up as a giant bat and is best friends with an Alien from another planet. It doesn't work for live action but I can suspend my belief for animation and comics.

The ultra violence is a bit off putting and it aucks that it means you can't show the younger kids the movies. I feel the same way about the Marvel Anime movies but at least we still have the Disney cartoons on the air. If DC wants to keep the ulta violence they need an ongoing series or DTV aimed at kids.