Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1216515 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #2000 on: December 03, 2013, 05:49:05 PM »
Why did they need to completely change the character to bring it to live-action television? DC can't get their **** together with their live action projects while Marvel is hitting it out of the park.

Ok, how should it have been done on TV? How would you have crafted this show?

Because from what I have heard (and this may not apply to GA) is that DC doesn't have their **** together with their comics either. Multiple origin stories for all sorts of characters, retconned everything... they rebooted the entire universe recently didn't they?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: December 03, 2013, 05:55:59 PM »
Why did they need to completely change the character to bring it to live-action television? DC can't get their **** together with their live action projects while Marvel is hitting it out of the park.

They didn't completly change ollie at all.

You mean they can't their **** together when it comes to movies, and your point is a bit off seeing as Man of Steel is literally the first film project from the new DCE.

In terms of Television projects DC will be killing it next year and Agents of shield is a pretty terrible show.

Two they didn't change the chrcater at all. You use the fucking do you read comics scapegoat when comics is a medium full of fucking thousands of universes and where you can do whatever you want with the chrcaters.

Please don't use that Bullshit reponse when before Iron Man 1 came out Tony Stark was a Tyrannical jack ass who decided to press down on the freedom of his peers, created an Guantanamo Bay equivalent in the Negative Zone, or decided to Clone thor resulting in someone's death.

Or let's look at how Thor is a Alien in the films, yet in the comics he's an actual God of Thunder.

Hawkeye in the films is a boring brooding chrcater, while comics is a fun loving guy who's always in trouble with the ladies owns a dog that eats pizza and is pretty funny.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: December 03, 2013, 06:05:37 PM »

Ok, how should it have been done on TV? How would you have crafted this show?

Because from what I have heard (and this may not apply to GA) is that DC doesn't have their **** together with their comics either. Multiple origin stories for all sorts of characters, retconned everything... they rebooted the entire universe recently didn't they?

Anyone who says DC doesn't have their comics together in terms of story telling is either a bullshitter or someone who's over 40 and can't stand reboots. But it really depends on which line of books your reading.

DC usually restarts their Universe after a couple of years. the Last time they did a Mass Reboot was in the 80s after Crisis on Infinte Earths and before that in the 60s during the Silver age.

Marvel on the other Hand tends to have a shifting timeline where all you need to know is things changed. Somethings stay the same like Captain America fought in World  War II, but others change like Punisher and Iron Man being linked to the late 80s early 90s wars in Afanginstan.

Their who Mantra is the Fantastic Four got their powers 15 years ago and that's always going to be set, and they're more concerned with the Now than the Past unlike the pre-reboot DC comics where most of the main heroes were in their mid fourties to fifties.

Its only a problem when a Writer wants to ignore this rule to make a Joke like Bendis bringing the first team of X-men from the past to the present and them being all 1960'd out despite logic saying these kids should be coming from the early 80s.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2003 on: December 03, 2013, 07:31:10 PM »
There are a lot of things I don't like about the New 52, mostly how fast they put Clark in the suit. I was really enjoying the jeans, boots, and blanket look as well as his getting friend zoned by Lois.

But Man of Steel wasn't really a good movie, and the sequel is sounding less promising with every rumor. (Side note: I think Affleck will be a good Batman.)
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: December 03, 2013, 07:44:45 PM »
I'm with Obleezy on this one. Arrow is simply not a good show. People always being saved at the last minute by (insert random character), no acting ability by a majority of the cast, and the plot-lines are neither suspenseful or intriguing. Oh and none of the women are attractive.

Murdering fools with a bow and arrow in the age of guns is inherently badass, almost as badass as javelin-ing someone. They really fucked up this one.

Stopped watching after two episodes.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: December 03, 2013, 09:12:10 PM »
I'm with Obleezy on this one. Arrow is simply not a good show. People always being saved at the last minute by (insert random character), no acting ability by a majority of the cast, and the plot-lines are neither suspenseful or intriguing. Oh and none of the women are attractive.

Murdering fools with a bow and arrow in the age of guns is inherently badass, almost as badass as javelin-ing someone. They really fucked up this one.

Stopped watching after two episodes.

Your loss,
Felicity is pretty. not so much the actress in her everyday life, but the character in the show.
Laurel is kinda hot the first season, she looks off this season.
The Sister is pretty, the actress more so than the character.
The mom isn't half bad for an old biddy.

But the show comes out the gates in a full sprint in the second season and hasn't even slowed down to look back yet. full speed ahead. Black Dynamite was even in an episode and will be back for more later. The second season is much better than the first and the first doesn't really pick up till about 5-6 episodes in.

But if you don't like it, you don't like it.
You can always wait to see what Marvel and DC have cooking that won't be done till next fall, and it's alot of shows between the 2.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: December 04, 2013, 12:57:31 PM »
Wonder Woman has been cast for Supes vs Bats: Boys meet Girl

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/newcomer-gal-gadot-set-for-wonder-woman-in-batman-vs-superman/
BREAKING: Warner Bros and Zack Snyder have found their Wonder Woman. They’ve cast Gal Gadot in the iconic role and she will be part of Batman Vs. Superman, the film that will see Henry Cavill square off with Ben Affleck.

She is cute as a button:

But not sure if she is Wonder Woman build....

Guess she better get on that protein diet and hit the gym.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: December 04, 2013, 01:14:23 PM »
In getting the same feeling I about this movie as I have with Amazing Spiderman 2.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: December 04, 2013, 01:23:37 PM »
Amazing Trainwreck incoming!?

at least Wonder Woman will be HOT!!!

^ Original | v Photoshopped

But Superman vs Batman and introducing Wonder Woman, The Flash(?) & Night Wing(?)
and the very next movie is supposedly Justice League. What could go wrong!?
This has perfect storm written all over it.

I await the trailer before making any judgements.

and ASM 2 sounds so bad that it has to end up good. even if for all the wrong reasons.
I hope that if that's the case with BvS, then it too can be so bad it's good. But DC doesn't like light and humorous, they like dark and serious, so, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

edit: According to Variety, The Flash will also appear in the movie.
http://variety.com/2013/film/news/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-batman-vs-superman-1200918310/
The Wonder Woman rumor has been kicking around for some time, and insiders believe the plan is to have not just Batman and Superman in the film but several members of the Justice League as well. It’s unclear which members, but Wonder Woman (Diana Prince) and the Flash are said to be locks to make an appearance in some fashion, whether that’s a significant role or a cameo.

and they are casting the villian
Warners will also look to now cast the villain with “Zero Dark Thirty” and “300: Rise of the Empire” star Callan Mulvey someone Warner Bros. is eyeing to play the role.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 02:48:15 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: December 04, 2013, 05:50:10 PM »
I still have faith in the movie, but superman V Batman alone felt unearned and they're apparently about to do a pretty big universe jump. But I also like Spiderman 3 and Green Lantern so as long as the movie is entertaining i'm there and i'm too big of a Trinty Fan not to see it.

DCE's plan is coming into shape with this week's annoucments and in general. They may not be able to catch up to Marvel soon (they shouldn't worry about that because a good movie will sell regardless) so they're going to force grow one by partnering with everyone who wants a piece of the cape pie who sin't Disney.

Arrow has been doing a lot of world building and today were seeing Barry Allen into the mix. The time table for all of their current series seems to line up with DC's film plans. All of next years film plans seem to be tied into to make a more cohesive universe. I mean all of the DC shows will be ending a month of so before Superman/Batman. Its rumored were even going to be seeing Red Hood and Nightwing in Arrow to further build the Bat universe.

Plus just from the Plots of Arrow and The Flash they seem to be pushing hard on the fact that technology is slowly becoming comic booky advanced with Earthquake machines and superhumans.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: December 04, 2013, 07:56:06 PM »
Someone take the "I like where this thread is going" .jpg, cross out "thread", write in "movie" and photoshop Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman on the boat.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2013 on: December 04, 2013, 08:58:03 PM »
The woman they've cast looks great for the part, especially in the pics where she has dark hair.

Though this movie is getting REALLY crowded. I'd have preferred if they'd do a Batman/Superman meet/team up and then do a Trinity thing where the superpals meet Wonder Woman so that it grows more slowly.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: December 04, 2013, 09:08:58 PM »
They should just do a 12 hour long movie.  I sat through the Avengers marathon at the theater, I could do this. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2015 on: December 04, 2013, 11:32:58 PM »
You maybe. Some of us need to poop.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: December 04, 2013, 11:42:28 PM »
Something tells me after Warner Bros. gets through with this film, no one will need to poop.  They'll have made enough crap to keep the world going for years.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: December 05, 2013, 01:05:25 PM »
LOL. Just waiting on the announcement that Ryan Reynolds is returning as Green Lantern and making a cameo appearance.
Then we'll all have to go see it in IMAX TP, where you a pair of TP glasses to wipe your face after all the **** that was just flung at it for the past 2 hours.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: December 05, 2013, 02:25:00 PM »
Alright that Wonder Woman needs to seriously Beef Up.  You should never be able to see Wonder Womens ribs.  Never.  Ever.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: December 05, 2013, 03:46:51 PM »
Barry Allen was introduced on Arrow last night. uptick in ratings for the night. Character intro was successful and backdoor pilot episode has been moved into full solo-pilot episode.

Details for that Pilot are sufacing.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=49531

1. Casting for Iris West is be for an African American actress
2. She is Barry Allens best friend and secret love interest.
3. She is a Psych Major and her dad is a Police Detective
4. They took in Barry when his mother was killed and father wrongly accused of murdering her
5. ......?
6. Wally West to be the first (half)Black Flash!?

IRIS - 22-28 - African-American - As smart as she is beautiful, Iris is in grad school studying psychology. She's also Barry's mile a minute, fast-talking, quick-witted best friend. Her father, Detective West, took in Barry when his mother was murdered, and his father was wrongly accused and imprisoned for her murder. In a tough childhood for Barry, she was the one "not tough" thing. She's unaware of Barry's strong feelings for her.

DETECTIVE WEST - Late 40s to Early 50s - African American -Detective West is an honest, blue-collar cop who's seen it all. A soulful, funny caring father to Iris, and a surrogate father to Barry, West came up through the foster system himself. He took in Barry after his mother's murder and his father's imprisonment. He believes in Barry and supports Barry's efforts to prove his father's innocence.

The Flash pilot is being handled by some of the same people responsible for Arrow, so high hopes are had.
And here is the Logo

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: December 05, 2013, 04:35:53 PM »
The Amazing Spiderman 2 - World Premier Trailer

It actually looks exciting. I hope it turns out good.
could still be the best trainwreck we've ever seen though.

I thinking the CGI isn't final as it kinda looks like a videogame, so I hope they touch that up some.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2021 on: December 05, 2013, 07:32:02 PM »
Making Iris black is sure to piss off a few people. But what do they mean by "took him in"? Is he fifteen or some ****?

EDIT: Ok, I just finished reading the post. That backstory sounds stupid as ****.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 07:33:57 PM by nickmitch »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: December 05, 2013, 09:39:47 PM »
Making Iris black is sure to piss off a few people. But what do they mean by "took him in"? Is he fifteen or some ****?

EDIT: Ok, I just finished reading the post. That backstory sounds stupid as ****.

Its not stupid its what's used for Barry's Orgins in modern say story telling. Barry's Mother is killed and her death is usually unresolved or blamed on his father so as a kid he wants to grow up to be a police officer to solve her murder case. Barry becoming The Flash is usually a random accident that bonds him to the speed force.

Now as far as the casting goes Iris being a childhood friend and her dad taking Barry in is something that's tailored made for the show. Now the character of Dective west is based a bit on another character from the current comics who was a family friend in the police force who took Barry in. Its a bit implied that the the father figure is the one who killed Barry's mother but in the show it seems they're going with the Old reverse Flash paradox.

I don't mind this or Iris being black though it will piss some Fanboys off like when Lawrence Fishburne was cast as Perry White, or MOS making Jimmy Olsen a girl. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: December 06, 2013, 12:35:15 AM »
Fox & Singer bringing X-Men: Age of Apocalypse to the big screen in 2016.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112102

Everyone is trying to ramp up the crazy to compete with Avenger: AoU.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: December 06, 2013, 10:33:35 AM »
... MOS making Jimmy Olsen a girl. 
I knew there was another reason I haven't seen that yet.  Whats so wrong about being a White Dude in this day and age?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.