Author Topic: Yay more rumors!  (Read 5668 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Yay more rumors!
« on: September 08, 2003, 01:18:59 PM »
Yes I know everyone here despises rumors, but I'm posting them so everyone can discuss the likelyhood of any of them happening...Thanks to Gamecubeland.com

~An enhanced port of Final Fantasy VII from Square-Enix is to be revealed at this year's Tokyo Games Show for Gamecube (TGS = September 26th - September 28th). Beter include something new guys, I think we're all sick of remakes.

Just like in the topic below this, here's the classic FFVII remake rumor.  It's wishful thinking so I will keep my fingers crossed...

~Miyamoto is currently working on another game with Hideo Kojima other than Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, supposedly a Nintendo franchise.

Hmmmm...No idea what it could be, but Dyack did say that the relationship between Ninty and Konami wasn't a one-shot deal...Could be very well true...

~Shinji Mikami is working on a sequel to a cult classic Nintendo franchise. What is it? Besides Kid Icarus, there are no other rumblings at the moment.

Heard this one not too long ago as well.  Kid Icarus would be a fine choice, mainly because I couldn't think of another Ninty franchise he could work on...unless he wants to do another Ice Climbers game

~Too Human will be released next year (every year the same thing right?), though other reports say it's a N5 launch title. With Dennis Dyack not talking, I doubt we'll know oficially until at least E3 2k4.

I don't want to believe this.  I really want the game to be a launch title for Ninty's next system.

~Mario 128 will undergo a name change, and will be a pseudo-3d sidescrolling adventure, with some full 3d bits (think Wario World). Sources put it at release around Christmas in Japan (could Nintendo be at TGS showing it off this year? It's be a first.)

Oh boy, more 2d Mario rumors.  I personally don't care if the game is 2d-like, I just want the game to be more like Super Mario World.

~Game Zero, by Zoonami is going to be an MMORPG for N5, and will be one of the largest virtual universes ever created. Somehow I doubt this, but then again, I also doubted Metroid Prime and Wind Waker, and I've eaten those words.

Will this game ever be revealed?  The MMORPG part would explain why nothing has been showed on it yet.  If this is true I hope the fee is minimal, if not free...

~Speaking of Metroid Prime, MP2 supposedly will include LAN based multiplayer, possibley an online option as well. Seems odd to me.  

I would much rather have a co-op mode, but if this is so, I want bots!

Discuss!

edit: I found some interesting tidbits on Killer 7 at The Magic Box

You can choose your destination from a list of proposed locations. When you encounter enemy on your way, the game changes to the attack mode in first person perspective, you can use special attack or weapon to attack the enemy, there are weapons that explode the enemy in one hit.

So there you go for those worried about the game being a lightgun game.  You play in third person until you fight enemies...Sounds interesting
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Yay more rumors!(plus more Killer 7 info)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2003, 03:39:13 PM »
FF7... I could care less.  I have two copies of the game for PC.  I highly doubt that I need any more.  If it was a Chrono Trigger remake though... I would be talking very differently.    Nevertheless, it will no doubt sell a few GCNs if it comes to pass.

New Konami game?  That's pretty much a no brainer.  What remains to be answered is what and when.

Kid Ikarus rumors have been going on since the beginning of time.  I will wait and see.  Having never played Kid Ikarus, I don't care one way or another.  I will care if it's an excellent game though.

Too Human is something I would very much like to see next year.  Denis said something a while ago to the effect that Too Human had been pushed back too many times as it was.  N5 isn't released for 2 more years people.  GameCube needs our love NOW.

Mario 128.... too much speculation on this one for me.  I am just going to wait and see.

Game Zero:  For the love of GOD (Xel'lotath), PLEASE do not be a MMORPG.

Metroid Prime 2:  I bought the first one based on the hype, and I was dissapointed.  I am not buying the next one.

Killer 7:  I will wait and see.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline AgentSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 04:02:01 PM »
As you know, I'm pretty hardcore when it comes to rumors.  Heck, I was the one who put the FF7 remake rumor out there in the first place.  Still a lot of this stuff seems like old news.

I can say this, %80 of what has been said is true.  The only thing I can't confirm is the stuff reguarding "too human."   It's a project that I never had much interest in.

The Miyamoto and Kojima link has been discussed before.  So has the "Project Zero" info.  Also we already know that the engine for "dark pheonix(?)" is being used for a 3-d Kid Icarus.

The only thing I would really question is the Mario 128 info.  It actually seems purposely misleading. If you have played Wario World GC, it's a fairly simple, straight forward title.  From what I have gathered, Mario 128 will be more like a semi-3d Super Mario World on "acid," far beyond what we have seen before.  I'm sure Nintendo is trying to keep it's best ideas a secret, so that "other companies" don't steal their thunder.

Here's something I'm %100 positive about.  Killer 7 will RULE!  I'm on that title.

Good work Bill, I'd like to see more rumors posted on this board.  It's what I'm into the most

(Nintendo is so darm stubborn and secretive, lol!)

ps. did somebody say FF with multi player options?
"I am not a number, I am a free man"    "$ony=Atari Circa 1984"

Got a Defective ps2?  Go here: http://www.sheller.com/sonyPS2classaction.html

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2003, 05:47:25 PM »
I think its a little presumptuous to be confirming rumors all by yourself Seven.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline AgentSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2003, 06:09:40 PM »
I get around, what can I say.  If you wanted, you could confirm this stuff for yourself.  The Kid Icarus thing was mentioned on IGN a while ago, as was the stuff about "Project Zero."

Also, GameSpy, one of the more reputable websites, has covered many of the rumors posted above.

So the only leap of faith here is the info I have reguarding Square.  Since I'm obviously a fan of their titles, I make it my business to find out as much as I can.  Plus, certain people noticed my DC Final Fantasy Collection, and well, since then, I've made a few new friends...(I did put the remake info out there..)

Oh and let me add, KILLER 7 will rule!!!!  I just love it's style

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
RE:Yay more rumors!(plus more Killer 7 info)
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2003, 06:12:49 PM »
i despise rumors
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2003, 06:17:55 PM »
Shinji Mikami ??? Thats sooo not Kid Icarus.... Its totally Wild Wild Gunman

Offline AgentSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2003, 06:21:20 PM »
I only wish the GENIUS Gunpei Yokoi was alive, so that he could direct the Ikarus project.
He was the series creator.  (He also created Metroid, the GameBoy, Wonderswan, Game + Watch, and about a million other brilliant gadgets.  Yes, he did create Virtua Boy, but he was also Miyamoto's mentor)

(God Bless You "Game Boy")

By the way, many "rumors" in the video game industry are nothing more than "controlled leaks."
Info publicity dept's use to whet people's appetites for upcoming games.  The industry has a stranglehold over the media...    

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2003, 07:41:05 PM »

By the way, many "rumors" in the video game industry are nothing more than "controlled leaks."
Info publicity dept's use to whet people's appetites for upcoming games. The industry has a stranglehold over the media...

And they're also dis-information.

and geeks on message boards hoping their rumors will catch on.   The truth is, even if some of these come true, its still only throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks, then annointing yourself the almighty one for guessing a few things right....this isn't directed at agent7, just rumor mongers in general.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline AgentSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2003, 08:08:31 PM »
What omen says is somewhat true, but more often than not, it's just advanced marketing hype.

I mean, I heard the "Gta on X-box rumors" over a year ago.  I even heard about the the double pack.

Still, the industry mainly uses rumors to manipulate people.  Heck it even uses those same "fanboys" you speak of to deliver it's best secrets.  Kind of strange what publicists will do...There are people on the web who actually do work within this industry...Funny how the rumor "food chain" works...

(somebody sing "the circle of life")

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2003, 12:36:18 AM »
Hey AgentSeven, can you tell Miyamoto he owes me 10 bucks? When me and the boys (Will Wright, Hideo Kojima, Denis Dyack and Miyamoto) went out for a game of tennis, Miyamoto made ME pay for hiring the damn court. *shakes fist*

BTW, MIYAMOTO ALSO TOLD ME ABOUT A NEW YOSHI GAME FOR GAMECUBE TO BE UNVIELED AFTER MARIO KART DOUBLE DASH COMES OUT!! Its truuuu, i promise, lol!!!111!11!1!!imlyingplzdonttellanyonekthxbi!!11!ROFL

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2003, 03:48:23 AM »
What's funny Mario is that what you said is true!  At least that last part is...

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2003, 03:53:50 AM »
Seven, I think you are giving publicists wayyyy to much credit....

Some guy (who must be a publicist) told me that Nintendo is unveiling its (Massive) Online plan at TGS!!!!

Riiiight.....see, even I can sound semi truthful when I'm actually just spouting falsities.... =)
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline iTZKooPA

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2003, 04:10:59 AM »
just because its published on iGN and Gamespy doesnt make it true, they speculate alot as do most of the gaming websites
and rumors are more often than not wrong and just about everyone heard about the GTA on Xbox rumors
i am with nolimit19 on this one
i hate rumors, unless i get hard evidence i normally just think of it as that, a rumor that might and most likely isnt accurate (if not completly wrong)
-KooPA

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2003, 04:26:20 AM »
Apparently, two people completely ignored this statement...

Yes I know everyone here despises rumors, but I'm posting them so everyone can discuss the likelyhood of any of them happening

Offline iTZKooPA

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2003, 04:28:27 AM »
Bill i wasnt commenting on you
-KooPA

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2003, 04:31:17 AM »
I know you weren't...I don't like rumors either, but I posted them so everyone could discuss the validity of them, not so others can come on and say how much they hate rumors.

Offline AgentSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2003, 05:06:08 AM »
First off, Mario, I can't listen to anything you say, you just seem so negative and ignorant.  Get an education and make some friends.

Secondly, if anyone had bothered to do any detective work of their own, you could easily confirm almost any one of these "rumors."  I mean for God sake, half of this stuff is already public knowledge in certain circles.

I do have a couple of friends in the game industry, even though like me, they are nobody's(lol.)  But still you would be suprised what information you can find out just by talking to people.  I have a friend at Digipen, another who works for Vivendi Universal, another at Activision, and I myself am a retail buyer for a certain Video and Music chain.  People talk, that's where rumors begin.  Many of those rumors start within the industry and they come from people working on these projects.   Heck if you live in Los Angeles, you can actually do part time game testing for a number of local game companies.

As for publicists, I think you underestimate their powers,  they practically tell people what to think. It's disgusting.  Then you see people on web boards practically repeating their words almost verbatim.  

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2003, 06:25:52 AM »
Rumors are the way of the Illuminati to control the masses. Don't let them control you!

Seven: How do you define "detective work"? Looking around dubious sites on the internet counting which rumor was repeated how many times? Hell, unless you can pin down a dev who is not under NDA you can never be sure. And I'm sure 99% of us cannot catch a dev just like that.

Offline AgentSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2003, 07:37:30 AM »
Well first let me say this.  I'm not trying to portray myself as some "delta-source" of top secret info.
I'm just very enthusiastic about gaming, and I like to keep myself well informed.  Plus in my circle of friends, getting a good scoop first is almost a badge of honor.  (Did I mention that almost all of my friends are gamers and/or they work in computers or the game industry?  I have nightly "game-a-thons" at my home that often go on for hours at a time.  Heck I have 2 tv's in my living room, but this is all besides the point.)

Here's what I mean by "detective work."  Read a newspapers business section, check the stock pages, make friends within the industry, etc,etc,etc..NDA's are not as pervasive as you might think.  Heck,I talk to 18 year old kids in LA who get weekend jobs testing games.  You'd be suprised what they know.  Then there is all of the websites.  Now many of them have somewhat dubious reputations, but some have a degree of credibility, if you know where to look.

The Miyamoto/Kojima connection has been mentioned in several locations including EGM, IGN as well as other websites and magazines.  I mean, am I the only one who reads here?  This stuff is out there.

The "Kid Icarus" rumor has also been repeated in several locations.  Want to know why?  Because it's been in production for a while.  Heck, a few months ago a rumor began that Nintendo was about to buy back millions of shares of it's own stock.  All it took to confirm that "rumor" was a trip to the business pages to find out that it was true.

Stock pages recently revealed that $ony is having massive production difficulties with it's PSP.
Something that even Miyamoto himself recently hinted at during an interview he was giving to EGM.

Get informed.  

Offline iTZKooPA

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2003, 07:49:43 AM »
AgentSeven i know alot of these things Bill has posted have either been confirmed or talked about by reputable website, i am not debating that (i do my own detective work as you do and also know people in the gaming industry) i was simply stating that rumors (alla the Sonic and Knuckles in Super SMash Bros) are just annoying and EGM posting that was just stupid in my opinion, fake an upcoming game or soemthing, dont get ppl to waste their time.  Blizzard Aprils fools joke the year before was great (Pandarian race in WC3)  as for well informed, id have to agree you do seem pretty well informed but that still doesn't make you right or what your friends here correct.  Unless the guy from Activision states soemthing on an upcoming activision game or something i wouldnt take it to heart fully things get cancelled and stuff to or simply jsut prototypes

I hope you understand i wasn't attacking these supposed rumors as false, just starting that things such as Final Fantasy remakes are annoying and often wrong (since ive heard that one at least 2x before)
-KooPA

Offline Sirmorphix

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2003, 08:04:01 AM »
AgentSeven I kind ouf doubt how you can confirm so many of these rumours.  I work for Electronic Atrs and I couldn't verify anymore or less the validity of these rumours other than the fact that there are other people talking about them.  This most certainly doesn't make them real or confirmed.  
---
Electronic Arts Canada
---

Offline AgentSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2003, 08:32:27 AM »
You work for EA?  Where and doing what?  If I may politely ask.  That's a company I've always wanted to get some info on.  

Like I said, you could confirm many of these rumors for yourselves, using many of the ways I have mentioned.

Still I have to say that iTZkoopa does make a good point about fraudulent rumors.  EGM has a tendency to deliberately print lies.  They knew damn well that the "Sonic in SSB" rumor was false, but they printed it anyways, mainly to sell magazines.  Their motivations are twisted, but to me their attitude shows real contempt for their readers.  (Not to mention the fact that their new editor is a real @$$H***!,  whoops, did I just say that?)

Offline iTZKooPA

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2003, 08:37:29 AM »
i cancelled my EGM subscriptions for the exact reasons you pointed out AS (and that i pointed out too i guess)
and he works for EA, hes still a gamer to so hes welcome.  Makes 2 ppl i know from EA wahoo, BASTARDS WHY DID YOU KILL WESTWOOD!
(i know business but i can still bitch!)
-KooPA

Offline Sirmorphix

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2003, 12:40:21 PM »

You work for EA? Where and doing what? If I may politely ask. That's a company I've always wanted to get some info on.

I do indeed work for EA.  I work at EAX, which is Electronic Arts Blackbox.  Located down on waterfront in Vancouver, BC.  Have worked on/currently working on FIFA, SSX3, NFS:Underground.
---
Electronic Arts Canada
---