Author Topic: More Indie Games Coming to 3DS!?  (Read 3332 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
More Indie Games Coming to 3DS!?
« on: December 31, 2011, 11:32:18 AM »
Looks like the Indie movement is continuing on 3DS as The Binding of Isaac may be making it's way over to the 3DS
http://www.shacknews.com/article/71781/the-binding-of-isaac-awaiting-3ds-approval

Even though we didn't get Super Meat Boy, we got VVVVVVV and I think a few others as well, so I hope Indie devs continue to find a home in Nintendo's marketplace.

*Binding of Isaac is a nasty religion based top down shooter that is definitely .... M rated if not more.
Would be nice of Nintendo to approve to send a message that games of all types are welcome and boost publicity for eShop as I assume it will be downloadable.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 11:53:03 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: More Indie Games Coming to 3DS!?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 12:59:24 AM »
I own a ton of indie games on Steam that I would love to have on the go.  I sincerely do hope that this trend continues and only gets stronger.
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 01:29:38 AM »
Portable machine like the 3DS seems to be the most suitable place for the majority of them if you ask me.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 09:28:21 AM »
I own a ton of indie games on Steam that I would love to have on the go.  I sincerely do hope that this trend continues and only gets stronger.

I own a ton of indie games on Steam that I have never, ever played.   This is why I no longer buy on steam.  Great service, great prices, but I have no time to play them.  :-)  So  yes, I would like more indie games on 3DS.  I think  it's very telling of my lifestyle that in 2011, I've finished 2 Wii games and about 20 DS/3DS games.  And one of those Wii games I actually started playing in 2010.

[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline finchiekins

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 08:12:20 PM »

I do the same thing! I'll buy them for my computer and NEVER play them. I've had VVVVVV sitting on here for a few months, then it's released for 3DS and i plow through it within a day of its release. I've sunk a lot more time into Cave Story on DSi than on my computer as well.
3DS Friend Code: 0259-0305-2221

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 12:57:33 PM »
The only game I've purchased in the past year off of Steam that I actually finished was Portal 2, and that was a real drag for the 2nd half of the game.  I really had to force myself to finish it.  Don't understand why everyone liked that game so much.   Catrap had much better and more inventive room puzzles.  Yeah, I said Catrap.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 04:35:51 PM »
Super Meatboy deja vu?

McMillen notes that 3DS is "the only other system you might ever see Isaac on,"
source: http://www.shacknews.com/article/71781/the-binding-of-isaac-awaiting-3ds-approval

"If we don't land the 3DS, the publisher I'm talking to has expressed interest in other digital platforms and is currently contacting them as well about the port."
source: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/06/the-wrath-of-the-lamb-will-be-the-binding-of-isaacs-only-expa/

Who wants to bet this never comes out and the current talk is all a tease? Not sure if I'd care or not anyway. Rogue-likes are right up my alley but the theme and imagery of this one don't appeal to me at all. I'd rather see a Super Meatboy port... although that's probably not in the cards either.

Edit: Just want to add that if it's an outside publisher pushing the game then this isn't really a strike against Team Meat at all, unlike Super Meat Boy where failing to come out on WiiWare after being announced for the service was directly attributable to developer choices and actions. I still question if we'll see this game on the eShop though, and people would be wise not to get their hopes unless there is real confirmation instead of early rumors.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 10:26:43 AM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 12:13:51 AM »
So long as the developer does a good job porting them, I'd play them.

Note the "good job" use. Turns out VVVVVV on 3DS will break if you turn on Flip Mode. That was unpleasant, especially finding out until after I activated it.           
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 02:31:42 PM »
Could Mommy's Best Games ever appear on the 3DS? If so, I will buy a 3DS in a hot minute.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.