Author Topic: RUMOR: Super Mario RPG 3  (Read 2940 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RUMOR: Super Mario RPG 3
« on: May 04, 2003, 06:41:51 AM »
First of all, before I show the link, everyone must realize that this may be fake.  According to the source, this new game is in development by Square-Enix and is in the same isometric view as the original Super Mario RPG that was the last game Square developed before moving in with Sony...With that being said, here are the potential first pics of the game, or perhaps one of the most rotten hoaxes of all time(for me )

http://www.newtechnix.com/Affichage_Article.php3?Id_Article=10035
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Ninja X

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: RUMOR: Super Mario RPG 3
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2003, 06:45:56 AM »
I doubt it for GCN.  The graphics look very similar to the SNES version, and the GCN can easily exceed those graphics in a big way.

Of course, the game can be for GBA...if this is the case, I might just have to buy a GBA SP now.
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline KirbySStar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2003, 07:43:02 AM »
 The link didn't work for me.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2003, 08:19:46 AM »
If that's true, which is a big if right now, it's too detailed to be a GBA game. I know the GBA's pretty friggin powerful, but that's TOO good for the GBA.

This news is great if it is indeed true, but I have to admit, it sounds more like wishful thinking (the whole Squenix and isometric view thing).
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2003, 08:24:41 AM »
It is a fake. I saw this on the IGN Cube boards. That pic with Mario is from a real game called Tales Weaver, but they photoshoped in Mario. Here is the real pic.

Real One

Fake Image
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2003, 10:23:21 AM »
Aw...how sad...Oh well, thanks for the heads up Berto.  *Goes off still wishing for a new Mario RPG*
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline snorgasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2003, 12:20:29 PM »
the environments didn't really match what you would expect from a mario themed game anyway... having said that, squareenix needs to make a new mariorpg... sales were surprisingly good for a game that featured disney characters (blah) so imagine the possibilities for a current generation mario rpg.. i'd buy it.
-- COMMODE7 - we write about videogames.. or something...

Offline hylian sponge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2003, 12:27:03 PM »

yeah the graphics look a little to good for a gba , but they could work for a gamecube.but i think u can say this is fake, thats what it looks like to me.and if this were true it would be alover the internet
i am the sponge from hyrule!!!!!!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2003, 01:43:24 PM »
well ofcourse its fake, someone provedits fake 3 replys ago sponge

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2003, 05:09:08 PM »
I just want more RPGs period for the gamecube....
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline REBEL SCUM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2003, 07:59:58 AM »
Well if they were going to make a new Mario RPG they better have Mario and Bowser team up again.

Offline Kulock

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2003, 07:41:08 PM »
Paper Mario worried me when I first saw it, because I thought it might be simplified (not just on outward appearances, but some of the early promo videos made it look VERY child-oriented) and not very faithful to the original, but Intelligent Systems did a very good job with it, and it almost referenced ideas from the original Mario RPG a little TOO much. ^_^; Almost.

Shame this is a fake, I wouldn't count on a new Mario RPG being announced this year. But hey, I wouldn't complain if it WAS...