Author Topic: Speech patterns, ever changing, ever hilarious  (Read 2198 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Speech patterns, ever changing, ever hilarious
« on: January 14, 2009, 12:57:33 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but the way I talk has been evolving dramatically. I don't when it happened, but my speech pattern is changing from relaying beneficial information or opinions to really silly ****. Of course your vocabulary is ever growing and of course this will have a direct impact on how you describe things, but my day to day conversation has changed from what I'm saying to how I say it. It might be relevant and even clever, but I'm putting much more emphasis on my delivery; really for my own amusement.

Recently, I've noticed that I like to phrase nonsensical questions like "what it be is?" or use overly stereotypical "black" phrases such as "What's the bitches name?" And on occasion, I'll even continue these stupid comments about nothing as if people know what I'm talking about; "You know....that one bitch; makes them carpets up on 13th?" I'll start nudging them "You know that bitch; she gots that fucked up tooth with the little tooth coming out the side." and I'll continue going until somebody cracks up.

Also I've started using the words niglet and lil niglet more frequently but most hilariously is a new one; mothernigger. I also have a new habit of explaining things with extremely graphic similes and metaphors. For example, "this girl was similar to a recluse; silent, ready, just waiting for the moment to STRIKE!" Or "KING KONG GETS MORE PUSSY THAN YOU DO, AND HE'S FUCKIN DEAD!". I'll even pause the entire conversation sometimes just to think for like 5 seconds for a good simile or metaphor. I started doing it a lot and now my friends expect me to say some crazy **** and even set me up for it. For instance, one of my friends will be like "Man she was so nasty. Just when she would walk it would look like...like..." he'd look at me, "uh...uh.....A FAT NIGGA JUMPIN ROPE!" We'd all yell out "YEAHHHH!"

But my new favorite speech habit is, while telling a story I'll over explain little, insignificant things just to annoy the listeners. Like I'll be towards the end of the story: "So I crept up into the room right. It was dark. Real dark. Really, really dark. I mean like, so dark you couldn't even see your hand, dark. Darkness is my natural habitat and even I couldn't see **** it was that dark. It was sooooo dark" "GET TO THE FUCKIN POINT!"

**** like that day to day keeps me laughing. I don't know when this switch happened, but it's addicting. I can't turn it off. I'll be talking to my boss and telling him a story an he'll ask me "Stogi, are you ever going to get to the point?! You know I have better things to do right!" He loves my stories though, so I have the right to purposely mess with him.

Anyone else noticed/noticing their speech patterns drastically change? I mean slang and what not is still part of your vocab. I'm talking about patterns here.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 01:00:49 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Speech patterns, ever changing, ever hilarious
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 02:09:47 PM »

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 02:26:08 PM »
I guess I'm the only one that has changed over the course of his lifetime?! Really? I didn't even notice it till I saw an old videotape. That's when I started analyzing the way I talk. You never realize the dumb **** you say until it's played back............ah **** it

In the words of Wiggles:

"Poor Stogi. No one to pass the joint to."
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 02:28:05 PM by Stogi »

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 02:29:55 PM »

Actually i do similar things too. I was on a roll just a few mins ago when i was on my lunch break. I ordered out and stayed in the back with a few of the girls that answer phones around here, since its the best place to really talk about anything since the customers are only on the phone and not in your face. We got into some crazy stuff back there..

Edit: I said that!?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 02:42:29 PM »
Have you ever tried recording it?

The key is to forget that your recording. I tried this a few weeks back cuz I wanted to catch some dialog in order to write a script (yes, I do a lot of simulation writing; I don't just write on these addicting forums). Let's just say that almost none of it fit into my script, but almost all of it was hilarious. It really opened my eyes to my mannerisms. It's like an outside look at yourself. You don't know what the hell is going on, you just do your own thing and not worry how you look, sound, or act.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 02:48:23 PM »
No i don't like hearing my voice played back, but I've always noticed little changes about myself. like my first pu...wait what are we talking about again?

The more i broke out of my shell between highschool and now, the more i've noticed the change in the way i interact with people.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 03:02:52 PM »
No doubt.

Isn't that **** great?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 03:09:56 PM »
It can be, I suppose. It really depends on the type of person you are. I've had friends that would speak differently around different people.

Although it was subconcious it seemed as if he was doing it to fit in.. He was the type to make sure he got along with everyone, so thats the only way i could explain it.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 03:19:46 PM »
No, I'm talking about the "noticing" part. That **** is great. It's only when you are able to observe, that you are able to change.

For instance, I use to be real shy and get real anxious when I talked to a chick. In my head, I always thought I did pretty well. I was always funny, polite....you know, charming. But the more experiences I had the more I started observing my body and my mannerisms. I noticed what the hell I was doing, and it wasn't pretty. My whole body language screamed "INSECURE!" And that, as you know, is a huge turn off. I wasn't acting like a man; I thought I was. My body, however, was afraid like a little boy.

I started working on it and have drastically changed.

The same has happened for my speech. I started noticing it and saw how I could have fun with it. I'm not always looking for the next joke or anything like, instead I became much better at listening because of it. I can get a much better vibe of where the conversation is going. Like I said, I have my patterns but what revelation is even more mind blowing is that everyone does. If you can pick up on it, I think something good might come out of it. I don't know what yet, but I think it's good.

EDIT: P.S. No offensive, bu your friend sounds really fake. I learned a long time ago that you can't get along with everyone.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 03:42:31 PM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 03:39:35 PM »
I don't know how to keep this conversation going

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 03:49:36 PM »
Finally.

Well done.

EDIT: Sorry to use you like that, EC. But I had to know for sure.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 03:54:07 PM »
I don't mind being used

/bad girl

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 09:37:39 PM »
idiolects(the specific way an individual speaks) change all the time, as well as sociolects(the way friends or small groups speak), and dialects(the way regions of people speak). My idiolect is very different then when i moved to Arizona. My firends are always confuzzled when i start saying things in old english or broken german

like for instance our friends have our own set of slang. Patter(me): Will there be cheddar biscuits at the party?  Leroy(friend) Oh there will definitely be some easy cheezy!

which means "Will there be cute girls at the party?, well there will at least be some hood rats"

i hope one day we will develop southwest slang so that it is as elegant and coded as cockney
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 09:48:19 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 10:27:39 PM »
you're an idolect! :P