Author Topic: Circuit City to liquidate assets starting Saturday  (Read 24114 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Circuit City to liquidate assets starting Saturday
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2009, 03:34:52 PM »
a
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2009, 03:40:49 PM »
You know, I should have gone with schadenfreude.  It's both a German loanword and a big word.  It's also pretty close to what I felt after reading decoyman's post.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2009, 03:47:49 PM »
That's not a big word.  It's just a rarely used German loanword (that doesn't mean the same thing in English as it does in German).  Floccinaucinihilipilification is a big word.

Clearly, UPB, I meant "big" in the sense of "big people* words," not "words with many letters."

CLEARLY.

Oh, to rerail the thread, I wanted to say I am sad that CC is closing, because now BB is going to start reaping the rewards of Little Direct Competition.

Also, I think there should be an electronics/appliances/etc. retailer whose name can be shortened to AA, just for completion's sake.

*Also QUITE CLEARLY, I mean "big people" in the sense of "adults" – not "tall people."

... schadenfreude...

>:{
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2009, 03:50:11 PM »
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2009, 03:53:26 PM »
Shop newegg.com
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2009, 04:02:36 PM »
you all suffer from Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

But certainly not hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia.  (Honestly, I think this was coined overly long, even for humor value.  Sesquipedaliophobia would have been long enough for the joke and retained the meaning [fear of long words, if you couldn't work it out (see GP's post above)], not to mention avoided the hippopotamus confusion.)

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2009, 08:28:26 PM »
WOOOOOOO!

I got Bully (originaly 29.99) and Boom Blox (originaly 39.99) for 52.96!

ps games are 30% off :)
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2009, 04:26:44 PM »
...aaaaaaaand there's officially nothing left that's worth buying, unless you don't have Guitar Hero 3 (even though with the 20% off at CC, it's still cheaper at Best Buy right now), or want to buy a used TV.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2009, 01:31:58 AM »
...aaaaaaaand there's officially nothing left that's worth buying, unless you don't have Guitar Hero 3 (even though with the 20% off at CC, it's still cheaper at Best Buy right now), or want to buy a used TV.

bought Skate It today (this better be good Daaman!) cuz it was the last copy. Too bad they don't have a standalone GHWT guitar, i'd totaly pick one up since those are (i think) 40% off.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2009, 02:29:38 PM »
Last Wednesday I went to the Circuit City that opened last year out of town. I swear going in was like going to a funeral, and I felt really bad for the employees who likely just started and will get fired soon.

Their games section was empty, save for Guitar Hero and Rock Band drum kits and guitars. They still had plenty of TVs and other stuff, but the games were gone.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2009, 12:19:10 AM »
Last Wednesday I went to the Circuit City that opened last year out of town. I swear going in was like going to a funeral, and I felt really bad for the employees who likely just started and will get fired soon.

Their games section was empty, save for Guitar Hero and Rock Band drum kits and guitars. They still had plenty of TVs and other stuff, but the games were gone.

really ? I haven't been in 2 weeks, but I wouldn't buy a new game ONLY for 30% off, I would wait until 50% plus.

I do agree how sad it was in the store. Last time I went this guy was just sitting in a chair next to the doors. I think they were paying him, but he didn't care I don't think the company cares if he is sitting around doing nothing they just need to have people not steal stuff. They said that buying a new HDTV or PC Monitor will be difficult.

However the TV's they have that showcase ads will be DIRT CHEAP and last things to go since they are used. I wouldn't mind picking up one of those TV's or Display models as long as they work.

I'm going to do my taxes next weekend, I hope some money back and maybe buy a new monitor within a month. I have a big fatty heavy monitor, thats huge and takes up 50% of the desk and its a hassle to move around every 3 or so months at end of the semesters. Anyway I want a widescreen nicer one since they are cheap like $160 or something.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2009, 12:05:58 PM »

really ? I haven't been in 2 weeks, but I wouldn't buy a new game ONLY for 30% off, I would wait until 50% plus.

Well I hope you enjoy Imagine Babyz Party and Agatha Christy games cuz thats all that'll be left by then...

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2009, 10:08:17 PM »
SCORE. My brother says he picked up Okami for 60% off.  SIXTY.  WIN.  DEAL GET.

Unfortunately I will not be able to play it for a long time =(
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2009, 10:18:14 PM »
WHoooooa! thats fucking amazing! the game was cheap to begin with, geez i dont get paid till thursday! If they already went up to 60% on games before the weekend then i might be screwed!

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2009, 07:36:24 PM »
i will check it out sooner than later. i might be able to pick up a cheap ds game. It just seems crazy that people would buy a game 20% off when 2 weeks later that game will be 40% off. Just wait and than come in with huge sales.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2009, 08:56:38 PM »
Anyone know what % off the cd's and games are at now?
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2009, 09:56:46 PM »
i will check it out sooner than later. i might be able to pick up a cheap ds game. It just seems crazy that people would buy a game 20% off when 2 weeks later that game will be 40% off. Just wait and than come in with huge sales.

But unless you stay on top of things and check the store out constantly, you might not end up with any GOOD games to pick from when they do reach 40-50% off... I went in one day after work and tallied all the potential games i would want to take home, out of all the stuff they had my list only consisted of 6 games. Out of those 6 games half had less than 2 copies left in the store. Would you wait a week or two until the discounts got better and risk missing your chance of buying the game you want? Or would you settle for a little less of a discount, because its better than none at all?

Like i said before, i hope you enjoy picking up Hannah Montana and Babyz Party for half off or more.

Anyone know what % off the cd's and games are at now?

Last check in my area, Sunday, Games were 30% off and cd's were like 25%. I'll check in tomorrow and friday and update this thread (like i have been every weekend now). Game accessories are STILL 30% off. The two CC's around me only have some wiimote skins and 3rd party sensor bars left, as far as accessories go.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2009, 11:43:07 PM »
I haven't been to CC yet so I don't know what percentage games have been discounted, Okami may have been a fluke or something.  Either way, awesome.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2009, 09:43:43 AM »
I looked through my local store's selection, there wasn't much left. I was there looking at TVs which, even with the discount were significantly more expensive than the ones at Best Buy.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2009, 01:47:56 PM »
today i went and plenty of stuff actually for my store. Games still only at 40%.

I picked up Looney Tunes Duck Amuck for $11 which is a fair price.

I found a copy of Castlevania Order of Eclasia or whatever and that would have been $17.99 but I hide it and I'll pick it up later. They have like 30 copies of Zelda Phantom Hourglass BTW. I might pick up a copy of it if the price is right. I was actually looking for Animal Crossing for DS but nothing, oh well.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 06:35:59 PM by Mr. Adolph Vega »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2009, 12:23:06 AM »
Thought I would bump this because March 8th is the final day for Circuit City.
So this weekend is your last chance!
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2009, 12:59:21 AM »
Thx for the reminder, may as well stop in.

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2009, 10:17:23 AM »
Thought I would bump this because March 8th is the final day for Circuit City.
So this weekend is your last chance!

i went to store near me and they had 6 days left or whatever. i was shocked it was so soon so i went in. Didn't find anything I wanted. no games, no dvd's expect "i am legend" and only rap cd's left. I left without anything. Oh well

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2009, 02:34:42 PM »
I'm going today to see what's left. The store is right down the street from my house, so I'm going to try and get some free stuff when they close.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2009, 03:24:27 PM »
Yesterday was the last day for the store near me.  All they had were a bunch of random cables and remotes from floor displays.