Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 502195 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #1125 on: August 19, 2011, 06:05:13 PM »
I guess they just didn't want to give out coins for stuff you get through Club Nintendo. They still want the feedback from the surveys when it comes to the free software you mentioned, but they probably don't care about what people think of a game received from Club Nintendo. That'd be my guess.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 19, 2011, 06:31:59 PM »
It's probably because you got one as a Club N prize and the other as a Club N purchase.
You got them both because of coins and from Club N, so they don't earn any coins for you.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1127 on: August 20, 2011, 08:44:33 PM »
Good news, everyone!
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/3dsambassador.jsp?menu=how&submenu=ctr-ht-amb-lookup&source=online

Are the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Games Eligible for Club Nintendo Coins? Answer:
Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors who link their Nintendo 3DS systems to their Club Nintendo account prior to downloading their games will be eligible to earn Coins for the 20 free games.
200 free coins. I've already clinched Platinum this year since I've got 380 since July 1 and have 2 10 pt surveys to go.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #1128 on: August 21, 2011, 09:30:26 AM »
Dragon Quest Monsters- Joker 2 and Kirby Mass Attack are up for Intend To Buy
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 08, 2011, 03:32:42 AM »
10pt Post Play Surveys are up for Ambassador Games.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1130 on: September 08, 2011, 11:43:17 AM »
Nice, another 100 points (200 if they do the same for GBA games).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 21, 2011, 12:10:11 AM »
Intend to Buy are up for:
Super Mario 3D Land & Fossil Fighters: Champions

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 23, 2011, 05:32:10 PM »
Intend to buy for Skyward Sword is up

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1133 on: October 24, 2011, 09:17:46 PM »
In your own words, tell us why you intend to buy The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

"One word: Zelda. More words: what else would I play on the Wii? Xenobla-oh wait."
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 24, 2011, 09:27:29 PM »
In your own words, tell us why you intend to buy The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

"One word: Zelda. More words: what else would I play on the Wii? Xenobla-oh wait."

Yeah, I left a rather scathing 2 sentence indictment of Nintendo of America in my survey as well (with references to Xenoblade and Nintendo of Europe doing its job well), along with checking the bullet point for "Intend to Buy Used."  I highly doubt anyone other than some poor low-level employee will ever read or care about it, but it felt good to vent in something official.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1135 on: October 24, 2011, 09:30:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure everything just goes in to a big ass spread sheet that some intern has to filter through before typing up a report to the marketing department. But one can always dream.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 24, 2011, 09:57:22 PM »
I doubt NoA gets the real value out of these surveys they should considering there recent actions.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1137 on: October 24, 2011, 11:26:04 PM »
They probably do, actually. If more people are checking off "beginner" and not "advanced" then they would probably see that as a reason to not put out more hardcore titles. Also, I generally can't think of any reason to buy Nintendo franchises other than the fact that they're Nintendo franchises. Every time I do a survey, I just put "I love pokymans" or "I'll pretty much just buy any Metroid game at this point." If they're reading a bunch of comments like that then NoA wouldn't definitely think twice about releasing Xenoblade.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 25, 2011, 08:40:36 AM »
I hope they read my comments.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 25, 2011, 05:11:25 PM »
Nintendo must be getting something out of the surveys, or else they wouldn't spend the money to operate Club Nintendo. Of course, if the rewards are indicative of the value of the input, it isn't worth much to them.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: October 25, 2011, 05:50:54 PM »
I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive, but my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles is probably going to have one of those Nintendo of Europe Club Nintendo registration cards.  I have no intention of buying enough import games to have enough "stars" to get anything useful, so if there are any European posters here who aren't going to buy that game, hit me up on PM and I'll send you the registration code when my game finally arrives.

Seriously, it's been 12 business days.  Even the U.S. Postal Service would have this package delivered by now.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 26, 2011, 08:23:16 PM »
Has anyone else had an issue where the Intend to Buys for Super Mario 3D Land and Zelda Skyward Sword are not showing up? They are listed under the "Recent News" section but when I go to the Intend to Buy section, it shows the message that nothing is available right now.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 26, 2011, 08:46:34 PM »
Has anyone else had an issue where the Intend to Buys for Super Mario 3D Land and Zelda Skyward Sword are not showing up? They are listed under the "Recent News" section but when I go to the Intend to Buy section, it shows the message that nothing is available right now.

Go to "Earn Coins" and then select the Intend to Buy option.  That's where I found Zelda, because I had the same issue you had.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 27, 2011, 09:17:43 AM »

Go to "Earn Coins" and then select the Intend to Buy option.  That's where I found Zelda, because I had the same issue you had.
I can't find it there even. I had already done SM3L but I don't see any indication that I did either.  That's weird.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 27, 2011, 07:25:08 PM »
Yeah, I couldn't find it that way either. However, I checked again today and it was there, so maybe it was just some sort of temporary glitch.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1145 on: October 31, 2011, 07:26:10 PM »
Why did you decide to purchase Kirby's Return to Dream Land?  Please tell us in your own words.

FINALLY! An old school Kirby game. Plus, since I can't have Xenoblade, I might as well play SOMEthing. I mean, what the hell has even come out for the Wii this year? I think the last Wii game I bought was Kirby Epic Yarn or Michael Jackson: The Experience.

Offline mustbeburt

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 01, 2011, 01:15:26 PM »
Does anyone know if Club Nintendo points are included in the Nintendo Selects titles?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: November 01, 2011, 08:44:43 PM »
Does anyone know if Club Nintendo points are included in the Nintendo Selects titles?
Yes, they include registration cards. However, I haven't been able to figure out if they count as a different game from the original release version.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 03, 2011, 02:27:15 PM »
Shoelaces and T-Shirts? Maybe not the coolest schwag ever, but rewards you can actually use are always good in my book.  What do you guys think about the new Club Nintendo rewards?
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 03, 2011, 02:31:38 PM »
The Shoelaces are sort of cool.  The shirt I can easily buy at Retail a better one for less work.  I wonder why they are upping the coin values to get posters.  Except for trying to be the worse Nintendo branch.