Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS XL Coming to All Regions This Year  (Read 36651 times)

Re: 3DS LL Coming After All
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 12:54:29 AM »
Just read on IGN that the 3DSXL will not be packaged with an AC adapter, that seems a little odd.

EDIT: Just Japan only, US version will have one packaged in. I have a link posted further below, sorry guys.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 01:21:31 AM by Manthony Chopkins »
"Nothing tips like a cow."

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2012, 12:56:17 AM »
Just read on IGN that the 3DSXL will not be packaged with an AC adapter, that seems a little odd.

Does anyone know if you need to include a power adapter when you're trading in a system? Asking for a friend.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS XL Coming to All Regions This Year
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2012, 12:57:29 AM »
That does seem... odd.

I mean, it doesn't matter to me, I'm not hurting for 3DS-sized chargers... but since GameStop won't take a trade in without one, I see lots of folks having to buy an AC Adapter.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2012, 12:58:17 AM »
Looks fancy, especially the revamped Select/Home/Start trio. Do my eyes deceive me or does the inside have a matte finish? If so, SOLD! I'm glad I never opened my Circle Pad Pro so I'll be returning that. I want to know how I can transfer all of those Ambassador games and such. My friend works at Play N Trade so he would let me transfer the games while I'm in the store. So far, everything is coming up Milhous... wait...

The missing right circle pad is baffling. There's even more space for it now. I didn't feel like it was necessarily a guarantee, but it made sense from a cost-saving standpoint. Then again, Nintendo is trolling everyone by not including an AC adapter. Wow... Think of how many people trading up will have to buy one considering places like Gamestop require the AC adapter for a trade. Lucky me, I've been using my DSi charger since I bought a 3DS last year. I suppose Nintendo is going for parity with the original 3DS. A larger 3DS with an extra circle pad would kind of look like a completely new product. It still would have been nice though, even if Nintendo would also have to figure out how to fit the extra shoulder buttons without making the unit itself even more bulky. That thing is a behemoth already.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 01:02:56 AM by Adrock »

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2012, 12:59:08 AM »
And why doesn't this new model have a circle pad pro built in?
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2012, 01:04:23 AM »
If I had to guess...
I suppose Nintendo is going for parity with the original 3DS. A larger 3DS with an extra circle pad would kind of look like a completely new product.
Like I said, a right circle pad still would have been nice to have.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2012, 01:05:50 AM »

Because Nintendo doesn't give a sh*t about the circle pad pro.  It's time we gave up that ghost.  As soon as Uprising announced it was only supporting it in a half-assed way, we shoulda taken the hint.

I want one.... but I will no longer be able to carry it in my pocket.

Yeah, that's sort of the only bummer, isn't it?   I got really used to carrying mine in my pocket all the time...oh well.   Time to hit reload on Amazon again.   A preorder page has to come up soon, doesn't it?   

On the upside, if this displays DS games as well, better, or nearly as well as the XL, then I'll be thankful that I don't have to lug that thing around in my bag as well.   I can put that in storage or something, and use my new 3DS XL for my 3DS games and my DS games.  That will be nice.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2012, 01:14:21 AM »
IN STORAGE?  How dare you treat your old friend like that!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2012, 01:19:51 AM »
http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-officially-announces-3ds-xl-199-on-aug-19th-229946.phtml

I mentioned earlier that an IGN article that I read stating that there was no AC adapter to be included Destrutoid however states that Nintendo has said that the US version will have an adapter included. Sorry for being too hasty when posting information. :-[
"Nothing tips like a cow."

Offline cL7oud

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2012, 01:20:18 AM »
 Just read an update on destructoid where they said the NA version does come with a power adapter. Japanese doesnt

Offline Tora

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2012, 01:59:02 AM »
Really Nintendo?  Curse you, CURSE YOU.  I hope the Wii-U fails and the 3DS is beaten to dead by an enraged Iphone.  All you do is cater to casuals and make your fans feel terrible about being your fans!!!!!!SONY FTW

~Ahem.  Now that's over I must say, I'm really disappointed in Nintendo.  You couldn't wait to get all our money could you? 

After you denied that rumor just a few weeks ago.....And after what Miyamoto said....I think I'm gonna be sick.

Nintendo betrayed us.  ALL of us.  Why couldn't we see this at E3?  Now I don't want a 3DS at all.

Good job Nintendo, you have officially lost my money.

I might still pick up the smaller version, but know I don't know....

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2012, 02:11:15 AM »
Could you calm down Tora? I wouldn't even call the XL revision. More like a version that stands along side the original. There is no need to buy this thing ever. It adds nothing new to the table besides larger screens. Nothing else. No need to act like Nintendo killed your dog and fucked your wife.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2012, 02:17:20 AM »
Really Nintendo?  Curse you, CURSE YOU.  I hope the Wii-U fails and the 3DS is beaten to dead by an enraged Iphone.  All you do is cater to casuals and make your fans feel terrible about being your fans!!!!!!SONY FTW

~Ahem.  Now that's over I must say, I'm really disappointed in Nintendo.  You couldn't wait to get all our money could you? 

After you denied that rumor just a few weeks ago.....And after what Miyamoto said....I think I'm gonna be sick.

Nintendo betrayed us.  ALL of us.  Why couldn't we see this at E3?  Now I don't want a 3DS at all.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2012, 02:24:17 AM »
Ha ha! The 3DS XL is a reality. Man, I was starting to doubt that we would ever see a redesign any time soon. I hope there will be some great bundle deals when this big 3DS is out.

Offline house3136

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2012, 02:33:30 AM »
 Miyamoto says: We’re working on a successor to 3DS, not necessarily a revision.  *bam* 3DS XL two weeks later.

Miyamoto says: Were looking at putting either Majora’s Mask or a follow up to A Link to the Past on 3DS, we’re not sure, we’re still “experimenting” a full year later.

Why is it that I still believe a completely new Zelda 3DS will be coming next year? Like I said before, I think Miyamoto was trying to throw everyone off their path at E3. And it’s now official, Nintendo direct is more important than E3. To think they had their own 3DS showcase, and didn’t even mention the revision. Is this just strange or is it Nintendo in desperation mode following E3’s dismal reception?

Offline Tora

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2012, 02:37:49 AM »

More serious than a heart attack.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2012, 02:42:11 AM »
Maybe Miyamoto doesn't consider this a revision. I don't think the XL is meant to replace the existing 3DS like DS Lite replaced the original. The XL is just that, a larger version of what is already on the market. Not everyone wants a handheld system that's not really portable anymore. I mean, I do, but I've never carried around my handhelds. I treated them like consoles and I only played them at home because when I go out, I go out. I don't go places to play videogames; I go places to not play videogames. The XL just makes it easier for me to play 3DS games.
More serious than a heart attack.
That's sad.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2012, 02:50:58 AM »
Could you calm down Tora? I wouldn't even call the XL revision. More like a version that stands along side the original. There is no need to buy this thing ever. It adds nothing new to the table besides larger screens. Nothing else. No need to act like Nintendo killed your dog and fucked your wife.

Like I said Tora, like I said.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2012, 02:51:41 AM »
"The new version will feature an improved battery life of 6-10 hours"

Actually that's only playing DS titles, ign stated the battery life is 3.5=5hrs for 3DS games :( .  Meaning you'll still going want to swap the battery pack.

And it's kinda odd the XL didn't include CCP since Capcom requested one (hense why the 3ds got one in the first place) and MH4 is most likely due sometime early 2013? 

Also, I wonder if the 3DS will see a price drop in the states?  $150 sounds about right.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2012, 02:55:57 AM »
Maybe Miyamoto doesn't consider this a revision. I don't think the XL is meant to replace the existing 3DS like DS Lite replaced the original.

Yes.   I mean, I'm going to buy the 3DS XL, it's a no brainer for me, my interests, and my playing habits, but the size really, really cuts into its portability.  For the longest time, I've carried around both my 3DS (in my pocket) and my XL (in my bag) and 99 times out of 100, I'm busting out my 3DS.   It just makes it easier.   There's a lot of people, maybe most, for whom that will be a #1 priority.  Look at the DSi XL.  How many people who had a DS went to the XL?  Show of hands, please?  [crickets chirp] I thought so.

At the same time, I love my XL, and I'm thrilled about this.   I think a lot of people complain about how the XL's screens are bigger but don't add resolution, and so the picture would, could, and in a way does look worse.  But for anyone who actually owned an XL, yes, all 5 of you, you love it, love the huge size of the screens, and can never go back to  your DSi or DS lite. 

I know the paragraph above seems directly at odds with the one preceding, but really, it comes down to the tradeoff-- screen size vs. portability.  Good points on both sides, and you've just got to choose what's more important for you.  Of course, since save data is stored on the game cartridge and not the SD card...well, you may be able to enjoy both.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline house3136

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2012, 02:56:45 AM »
 I didn’t necessarily mean a revision as a replacement to the current model; although it’s hard to justify not getting the XL for $30 more, unless it’s just too big to carry around all the time, which I can understand. I just meant, the fact that they didn’t mention this at all during E3 or at their own specialized 3DS conference is quite unusual.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2012, 03:04:27 AM »
If I hadn't already bought a DSi on launch day, I would have bought the DSi XL. That said, I plan to upgrade my 3DS eventually. I expect trade specials but I'm not trading anything unless I'm allowed to transfer my data.

Offline hibern81

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2012, 03:14:03 AM »
My big hands just got excited!!!  Netflix will be worth having on this version as well.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2012, 03:18:54 AM »
yeah i dont see any reason for current 3ds owners to be angry at nintendo for the 3ds xl, if i had already owned one i wouldnt have bothered since the only difference is the size and the matte finish, it's not like its leaps an bounds better than the current 3ds like the DS lite was to the original DS or even the GBA to the GBA SP. Im glad the trend is towards bigger handhelds since I have big hands and they cramp up while playing the ds lite.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2012, 03:25:31 AM »
Bought my 3DS day one, knew a revision would be around within 2 years and I am so happy! This XL looks like the something different, even if ever so slightly. Yahoo!!!!!!!!!

Now... Do I do the adult thing and wait for colors I really really want, or should I be an early adopter day one again? Who am I kidding?! I'll be the first in line again!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn