Author Topic: Acclaim Predicts World Series Champs  (Read 2135 times)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
Acclaim Predicts World Series Champs
« on: March 31, 2003, 07:09:28 AM »
Thinking they've got the best baseball brain, they went on and simulated the whole season.

Acclaim Sports' 'All-Star Baseball 2004' Predicts 2003 World Series Champion

#1 Selling Baseball Video Game Brand Simulates 2003 Season with Jim Thome Leading the Philadelphia Phillies® to their First Crown Since 1980

GLEN COVE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 31, 2003-- Before each team has played their opening game of the 2003 Major League Baseball® season, the Philadelphia Phillies can begin planning their post-season celebration, as Acclaim Sports, a division of Acclaim Entertainment, Inc., has used its #1 selling baseball video game brand, All-Star Baseball 2004 Featuring Derek Jeter, to simulate and predict this year's winner.  

"All-Star Baseball 2004 is the deepest and most realistic baseball video game in the market today, and features online downloadable rosters that allows consumers to incorporate the true-to-life movements of their favorite teams and players," said David Knies, Director of Acclaim Sports. "While the Phillies may be ready to put their champagne on ice, just as in real-life, we'll take another look during the All-Star break to see if any underdogs are making a run for the crown via key trades and rookie call-ups from the minor leagues."

Acclaim has also gone on to predict various other winners, such as leauge MVPs, final division standings and even rookies of the year.  To see all of ASB 2004's predictions, read the rest of the press release here.

Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2003, 07:23:06 AM »
realistic my ass....they have my dbacks in 3rd in the nlwest....not likely.....here are my predictions..........randy johnson wins his fourth cy young in a row, dbacks win nlwest/world series.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline VideoGamerX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2003, 10:57:16 AM »
That doesn't sound very realistic to me. The Phillies? What's with these games calling for Philadelphia and Arizona. It seems to me they've either misrepresented some player attributes or underrated some guys. I bet there's a greater chance of neither team even making it to the playoffs.

The Chicago Cubs have a better chance than either of them, I would even wager.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2003, 11:25:17 AM »
  Take it easy on my Phillies..they won 80 games last season with crap, and have added Thome, David Bell, Millwood.  Their lineup is lethal, it's all about pitching, where I think their bullpen is weak.  But it's not crazy thinking for them to get to the series, it may be an optimistic view, but still possible.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates