Author Topic: Topic of the Day (2021 Edition)  (Read 250975 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Topic of the Day (2021 Edition)
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2021, 10:32:04 PM »
Are new panels exciting? Is that a sexy topic for discussion? Apparently it is when those new panels may be OLED screens for a NEW AND IMPROVED SWITCH!!! As Switch now begins Year 5 on the market, the rumors of a Switch 2 that have been happening since 2018 are going to get even louder and the biggest noise maker in awhile is this report on Nintendo ordering OLED displays from Bloomberg News. It's what all the cool kids are talking about so you better make sure you are part of the conversation if you don't want to be lame. Now that's what I call Topic of the Day!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2021, 04:48:46 PM »
Today I'm going to highlight a Best of the Wii U thread like I often seem to do here. The final edition of examining the Wii U's GBA VC came out awhile ago. Yet with a lot of news and rumors coming up this week, it may have been overlooked a bit even though it is the section that has most of the GBA gems as far as I'm concerned. Vote on the poll and add your thoughts if you can. (I still need to finish adding my thoughts to Part 2  :-[ ) Topic of the Day!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2021, 04:56:00 PM »
Lately I've been taking the week-ends off for Topic of the Day. Not sure that's going to change anytime soon as I kind of like the break in-between. However, it used to be that I would some of the top reviewed games for a week in the old Weekend Reading format. Without that, I guess I need to highlight them more during the week.

Last week, I mentioned there had only been three games to get a review score of 9.0 or higher this year. Well, we just got another and judging by the forum thread view count, I don't think many users are aware of it.

The name of the game is Everhood. It looks strange and it got a 9.5 review. And while not every game can get a perfect 10/10 score like Safe Words on these forums, it might still be worth reading up and seeing if it is for you after inspiring Riskman64 like that.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2021, 11:35:14 PM »
I really feel like today's topic should be a warning of how XCX can get pretty addictive once you start getting skells for you and your party. The game has got me back to my XC:DE summer of just wanting to keep diving back to that world and doing more world conquering. I'll just a play for a couple hours, I say. And then it's been almost 7 hours and I've got no Topic of the Day posted.  :-[

Well, to make up for it, here's two topics for today. The first is a reminder to not miss out on your chance to criticize the N64 and its games as users discuss Mop it up's least favorite console. How any of those N64 VC games could be considered the Best of the Wii U is beyond... DK64 is among them? Oh.... well then. Looks like this series is finally get to the Best stuff after all.

The second topic is an important PSA about the significance of March 10.

That's it! You've all been Topic of the Day'd now! My work here is done.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2021, 08:06:00 PM »
Well, took an unofficial week off but am back again. Actually meant to post this last week but didn't finish writing it up and then after a couple days it seemed easier to wait for a week to go by. Check the timestamps. My story checks out!

Anyways, with that ado out of the way, today's topic is the return of the Run the Series series of threads, the Ace Attorney series edition. I hope there will be no objections. Hiiii-yoooo!! Topic of the yesterDays.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2021, 07:32:40 PM »
For today's topic, I'm going to go with what I meant to do last Friday and that is highlight the review for Bravely Default II. One of the bigger 2021 titles announced from last year and it has finally arrived. Topic of the Day!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2021, 09:09:53 PM »
A little bit behind the times as I still play some catch-up on topics but did want to highlight the Best of the Wii U: DS Edition as I think there is more that could be said about the DS system and some of the titles available there.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2021, 11:04:03 PM »
Topic of the Day. You know what that means? More self-promotion!  :P For those afraid of the Funhouse forum, perhaps you may be unaware of the new thing I'm trying called Song of the Day. Whether it actually sparks more music conversation on these forums is an unknown at this point but I see it being much easier to post daily in compared to Topic of the Day which can be more challenging at times. That said, perhaps I will relinquish the reins at times for others to post some song choices for the day or maybe others will just join in with the own daily posts. Who can say? The topic is still in its infancy and just waiting for users to start molding it as they see fit.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2021, 11:14:36 PM »
For today's topic, I thought I'd highlight the NWR Review for Monster Hunter Rise, the big title coming to Nintendo Switch that isn't Balan Wonderworld. I imagine most users already know what side of the fence they are one when it comes to purchasing or passing on the title but for those undecided then maybe this will help in that decision.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2021, 12:45:59 AM »
Topic of the day, topic of the day.... hmmmm, I don't know. Things are quiet around here again. There's been a lot of hoopala about the Snyder Cut of the Justice League movie and it seems like people are saying its a bit better than it was but not enough to suddenly become some top-tier superhero movie. There's been a bit of talk about it in the big o' DC Movies and TV thread so if you've checked this thing out for then maybe you'll want to add in your two cents about it. Topic of the Day?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2021, 11:17:28 PM »
Alright. It's been a good break. Let's try and get back in the swing of things again. Here's an easy lay-up! PAC-MAN 99 has arrived and it's got people wakka wakka talking to easily be today's Topic of the Day!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2021, 10:05:50 PM »
A lot of people thought Balan Wonderworld would be forgotten about in the Monster Hunter frenzy when it was revealed it would release the same day as that game. But leave it to genius Yuji Naka to find a way to get everyone talking about his game and making it a bigger topic than some lame ol' game of hunting monsters. As the NWR Review of Balan Wonderworld makes clear, the game is truly a piece of art as it seems to make everyone who plays it do a lot of deep pondering and reflection on life, games and everything in between. It might even be Topic of the Year but, for now, it will just have to be happy with Topic of the Day!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2021, 07:40:42 PM »
We're almost a third of the way through April so I should highlight an April Community event sooner than later. ESPN may have 30 for 30 but NWR has 4 on 4 action for its user's to engage. The main idea is to try and complete four games during this fourth month of the year. Bonus points if you can do it across 4 different systems. Check it out and see what others are playing and if you can get in on the action. Topic of the... well, you know!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2021, 08:34:31 PM »
Game Boy talk? Didn't we already do a bunch of this through the 3DS and Wii U VC topics? Well, everything old is new again and Adrock wants to talk about all Game Boy Games from the OG to Color and Advance beyond just what has been available through the VC. Get your nostalgia fix and recommended game picks in while you can.  It's, it's, the Topic of the Day, Topic, Topic of the Day!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2021, 01:40:27 PM »
Hey, I got a Topic of the Day though I can’t tell if this is weirdly passive-aggressive. I came out tonight to have a fun time, and I’m honestly feeling so attacked right now.

I admittedly did not participate in any of those threads because I saw “eshop” and “VC”. Chances are, if it wasn’t free, I didn’t download it. I’ll lurk those threads for recommendations though I am mostly finished eBay-ing for now unless I can manage to snag a few games for a decent price.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2021, 11:36:54 AM »
Today's topic is.... Nintendo's E3 Direct. Shocking stuff. I guess I'll link the NWR Staff streaming event for it but chances are the direct will likely have topics spread all over.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2021, 09:15:11 PM »
So, it hit me as I was going to bed last night around midnight that I forgot to make a Topic of the Day yesterday. Guess that's what happens when you don't do it for two months. Woo! Anyways, I'll just make today what I was going to select yesterday and that is Metroid Dread. We're talking about it in Talkback and talkin' 'bout it in Nintendo Gaming and talking about it NWR's Discord. Heck, we're probably talking about it in our sleep. It's got the Nintendo loyalists pumped for October. Topic of the Whenever!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2021, 09:22:45 PM »
Hey, I got a Topic of the Day though I can’t tell if this is weirdly passive-aggressive. I came out tonight to have a fun time, and I’m honestly feeling so attacked right now.

I admittedly did not participate in any of those threads because I saw “eshop” and “VC”. Chances are, if it wasn’t free, I didn’t download it. I’ll lurk those threads for recommendations though I am mostly finished eBay-ing for now unless I can manage to snag a few games for a decent price.

Meant to reply to this for some time but was just in a low energy mood for awhile. Nothing passive aggressive or some kind of an attack on ya. Just me trying to put some kind of spin or hype on the topic to get people thinking about it (and maybe posting in it). In this case, I was trying to negate the past varying Game Boy topics by explaining this was a topic on a much broader scope beyond just VC titles to give people a reason to participate in the topic rather than dismiss it because they'd already posted some thoughts on those other Game Boy topics. I applaud your efforts to still keep posting on the forums and hope for more discussion. It's a cause I'm still supporting even if I can't be as active in it as I was for so long.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2021, 08:36:45 PM »
Today's topic is the other titles in Nintendo's Direct that aren't Metroid Dread. Was there anything else you were looking forward to? Well, there's a thread for your to voice that excitement. The NWR Forums: We've got a topic for everything!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2021, 12:49:49 PM »
Miracle of miracles! NWR Mafia games may be returning! The sign-up thread for the next games is live. We've got this new guy called Khushrenada who'd like to try hosting a Mafia game for the first time ( ??? ) so maybe we can help him out by getting a few more players to sign up. Current player count is 11 but the goal is to get 16. There may be some invites being sent about the game as well so users better fortify their pm boxes. Topic of the You're-Still-Trying-To-Do-This?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2021, 01:52:02 PM »
Today's topic is the big ol' Nintendo Direct airing today. It's got Twitter all.... atwitter. Be there or be... there to watch it at a later time convenient for you. Topic of the We Already Know!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2021, 11:54:14 PM »
Today's topic is the Shocktober 2021 that might see a lot of Metroid Dread participation. What's it all about? Click the link to find out. Topic of the That's-Not-A-Lot-Of-Information-In-This-Post!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2021, 07:30:18 PM »
Today's topic is the end of the Smash cycle (at least for Smash Ultimate) with the announcement of the DLC Character for Smash Ultimate. While I'm a bit disappointed that Sakurai didn't go with the choice I wanted which would be YOUR MOM, I guess I'll just have to console myself by continuing to smash her in real life. :evil; (What the......?!?!) That's today's topic of the What?-No-Geno?!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2021, 09:51:37 PM »
I'm so out of practice on this old idea. Spaced on doing it yesterday because of all my time getting the Mafia game in action. For today, let's go with the topic on the Epic Game Store. Apparently, some of the users here also acquire games from something that isn't the Nintendo eShop. I don't know why or what the purpose of doing so would be but, like Jim Morrison sang, people are strange. Still, it seems like a broad enough topic that might draw out all manner of comments so we'll give it the Topic of the Day bump! 3 more views coming your way, ThePerm!!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2021, 11:37:13 PM »
With Metroid Dread finally releasing after more than a decade of being dreamed about by fans, I'd say that make it the Topic of the Day. And yet, there's no NWR review of it for me to link to today so I guess I'll just have to use this old Metroid Dread thread. Who knows? Maybe if you beat the game quickly enough you can be the one to submit in the review of the game for this site? A brand new avenue of speed-running for this game. Anyways that's the Topic of the Dread.