Author Topic: "Can someone loan me $10.50" or "PayPal's customer service sucks"  (Read 2237 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
While I was on vacation, apparently, someone "hacked" into my eBay account and started some auctions.  These auctions were pulled almost immediately, but eBay locked down my account until I got back.  That was nice of them... with little effort, I had my account unlocked and was back in the game.

So I bid (and won) this auction a few days ago.  When I went to pay for it (with PayPal), I find that my PayPal account was locked as well.  Unfortunately, it appears to be a bit harder to get unlocked - and I can't get a lick of help from PayPal customer service.

So here I am with an auction I can't seem to pay for (I guess I *could* send a money order, but... you know how that is...).

grrr....
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
RE: "Can someone loan me $10.50" or "PayPal's customer service sucks"
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 06:49:24 AM »
So angry I had to post it twice... Can someone delete one of these?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 06:59:20 AM »
Before I loan you the money, I will need to know what its being spent on.

Its a Metroid HAT isn't it. hehe i capitalized HAT

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 07:12:07 AM »
No no... it's nothing that exciting.  It's a Nintendogs Download Cartridge.  It's the EU version though (haven't had any luck grabbing an NA version... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290150751101

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 07:22:20 AM »
UncleBob, I'll lend you the money.  I have a paypal acount but I haven't used it in Seven years.  The only reason I know it still works is because I just got it all ready for some auctions I might have won.  I just need to know how this will work.  You can e-mail me at cericme at gmail.com
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 07:31:57 AM »
awww... you're not logged into AIM... I'll get an e-mail out to you in a few.  I do appreciate it.

I did manage to get my account unlocked, but not it's "limited".  Apparently I can receive money (which means to me that I could get people to give me money by ripping them off), but I can't send money until I verify my location.  You apparently do this one of two ways - one by answering your telephone - but they won't let you answer your cell phone, which is all I have.  Two, they'll mail you out a letter.  It appears I'll just be waiting for this letter.

And it sucks because there's another auction up that I want, but the seller only accepts PayPal and I don't want to bid knowing I may not be able to pay for it anytime soon.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 07:53:00 AM »
Nevermind... I got a friend locally who's going to do it and I'm just going to pay him in cash.  A little bit less effort and you won't be out the money waiting for PayPal to decide that I'm not going to send random people money for fun from my account that's been open for about as long as PayPal has... Thanks tons though!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 08:54:58 AM »
grrr... I'm still dealing with this mess.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 09:59:39 AM »
Are you still on Vacation? there is no space between uncle and bob.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 11:56:02 AM »
Errr... "UncleBob" is the regular-me.  "Uncle Bob" is the mobile-me...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 12:06:09 PM »
your mobile is spaced and... wait, what?

MY LIFE IS A LIE

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 03:50:37 PM »
You think that's bad?  You ever try changing your credit card on file at eBay?  I can't do it for the life of me.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!