Author Topic: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Mafia Turnabout. Day 5.  (Read 12719 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Mafia Turnabout. Day 5.
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 01:55:34 AM »
I had to set my alarm for 5:30am and 6:00am so I could get up to monitor the votes and to look up things for the psyche-locks. I typically woke up at 4:30am PST for some reason. I typically went to bed at 10:00 pm the previous night so I got 6 hours and 30 mins of sleep. So I had to keep myself energized during the day. There was a problem for Mop_it_up in that she couldn't get to change her vote in the last hour.

Didn't in one of the mafia games have like voting open for 22 hours. Might have been NintendoWorldReport mafia or F-ZeroGX Mafia?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 01:56:02 AM »
I thought it was nice to have those times because then I could participate after getting off of work late.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 01:56:55 AM »
I'm not sure if the players involved were the people who really cut out talk, or if it was the time.  I'd say it's more the players:  I didn't say much because of I knew the players weren't saying much, and it was better, in this particular case, not to talk.  I just don't know if that was the case for anyone yet.

I had to set my alarm for 5:30am and 6:00am so I could get up to monitor the votes and to look up things for the psyche-locks. I typically woke up at 4:30am PST for some reason. I typically went to bed at 10:00 pm the previous night so I got 6 hours and 30 mins of sleep. So I had to keep myself energized during the day. There was a problem for Mop_it_up in that she couldn't get to change her vote in the last hour.

Didn't in one of the mafia games have like voting open for 22 hours. Might have been NintendoWorldReport mafia or F-ZeroGX Mafia?

Ideally, in a mafia game, it shouldn't typically come down to the last minute.  I think a slightly later time, maybe an hour or two, might be better for most players, but I can't remember what time would work for the Aussies here.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 01:17:15 PM »
By the way, what did you players think of the earlier start times?
I didn't mind them so much, although it's not like I really got to participate much.  ;)

It might be better if it was pushed back an hour or two--10:00 AM EST is 7:00 AM PST, which is a bit early for some.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2010, 06:02:49 PM »
By the way, what did you players think of the earlier start times?
It negatively impacted me, as it meant I couldn't be around when the voting closed (which made no difference on the game's outcome as I was out on the first day). I think it is a good idea though, to have the start time be different for each game. There is no universal time that would be good for everyone, so it seems fair to change up the start times, giving different people a chance to have the option of voting at the last minute.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2010, 06:46:58 PM »
See, one shouldn't really always need to be around at the end of each day. When I play I try and get things wrapped up early. It's only when I'm stumped or trying to figure things or in trouble that I need to be on late.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 06:58:27 PM »
Well I think this game if it was a typical game without any "distractions" than I think things wouldn't have gone and dragged out till the first votes weren't till night time.
Lets look at the last 2 games you hosted. Phoenix Wright and World War Mafia. Both games had a side game. WWM had it but it wasn't that big of a focus. While this game the Psyche-locks was a major part of the game.
I think what you did with WWM was you made the system work with the game in a immediate fashion while Phoenix Wright was a long time goal. Maybe you could try and fix this by making like daily quizzes that helped out figure out the psyche lockes quicker.

I like the idea of the Psyche-locks I just think there needs a better way to make it more manageable.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2010, 07:50:25 PM »
The earlier time was perfect for me. It was 3pm. I had enough time to get past lunch and not miss the final few seconds.