Author Topic: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Mafia Turnabout. Day 5.  (Read 12717 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Mafia Turnabout. Day 5.
« on: February 12, 2010, 11:22:45 AM »
Announcements:

GoldenPhoenix - Townie (death by vote)
Stevey - Townie (death by mafia)

The game is over. Mafia wins. 2 mafia, 2 townies remaining.

Winners: Maxi - Godfather, Thatguy - Henchman 1, Mop_it_up - Henchman 2.

Congratulations. Talk to you all later.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Mafia Turnabout. Day 5.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 11:24:00 AM »
Yeah, you guys pretty much had us figured out in day one.  Just about everyone who participated then was right.

And I'm not even joking.  At first I thought we were doomed.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 11:27:10 AM »
So even if voted for maxi 2 hours ago it wouldn't have mattered.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 11:30:07 AM »
Pretty much.  The hope for the last day was that one person would vote for one player who wasn't us, and we'd just go with it late in the game.  In a tie-breaker, Maxi would have been able to turn things against the one that wasn't us.

Had things lined up against Maxi, though, I we had a bit of a defense prepared based on what happened in Day 1, in effort to turn one of the other players away, which would have been enough for things to go in our favor.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 11:43:56 AM »
Holy crap! Maxi you jerk! You had me fooled!

thatguy I never trust, but, he seemed townie. Jeez I suck at this game! GG everyone
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 11:58:15 AM »
OMG!OMG!OMG!
WE WON!
This is my first time being Godfather and I appreciate thatguy helping me out as a first time Godfather.

When I saw the Role PM that I received from Khushrenada I was worried about how thatguy and Mop_it_up were talking about voting out each other in the sign up thread. For the most part I was stressed out when I was being voted for on Day 3 I believe.

The Psyche-lock was what I think had everybodies focus on finding that investigative power or the revival power.

In the Day 4 thread when Vudu posted the image in the topic I thought that was his way of saying that he was in the game again. I PMed Khushrenada about it and didn't get a response so I was worried.

I was temped to ask in the Day  topic about it but I thought that other people might read something in to it.

As godfather I had to make hits each night.
My first hit was Vudu.I was being overly attentive to everything and everyone. Any little thing I would ask them about.
The day 1 tie was a way to draw out Phoenix Wright. It was a last hour thing that me and thatguy thought about. Mop_it_up said she wasn't going to be around to change her vote at the last min so we had to tie it and hope that Phoenix Wright wasn't around to break it.Unfortunately Dasmos was and we lost Mop_it_up.We had to find Phoenix Wright. After the Day 1 vote we found 2 possible suspects. stevey and Dasmos.Vudu was another but he was killed day 1 with my hit.Anyway I was thinking which to hit and I noticed some votes for stevey and thought it was a way to protect Phoenix Wright since stevey wasn't Phoenix. So I sent in my hit for Dasmos.

Next day comes up and Dasmos was Phoenix Wright. I immediately made a list of the remaining townies. Most of my hits were to stop trouble makers or to not hit people voting with us.
So yeah that was why you were hit Stratos.I was thinking about a Plugabugz hit at first but thatguy said Stratos would be a better option.

The SUPER vote was originally going to be a GP voteout but the votes were more towards SUPER so we went with it.After the Day 4 vote me and thatguy was talking about if the vote for GP was a trap. GP could of figured out the Psyche-lock and if she was voted out and she would live. If Khushrenada said that GP was still alive then I suggested voting out thatguy so we wouldn't lose the hit. He thought that we could stay alive for one more day. Glad we didn't have to worry about voting out thatguy.

Oh about the Psyche-locks I thought it was similar to the Atomic searches in that it was a side mission to find all the evidence about everybody. This was more complex as I thought once I got one done that the evidence would go towards the specific lock for the person. The evidence went to the other locks I believe.

Me and thatguy figured out 3 of them I believe.With me getting Kairon and EasyCure.And thatguy getting BlackNMIld.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 07:03:25 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 12:01:20 PM »
Holy crap! Maxi you jerk! You had me fooled!

thatguy I never trust, but, he seemed townie. Jeez I suck at this game! GG everyone
Sorry Toruresu but I had to act like my typical self this game. This is actually my first time staying alive as a Mafia player. The only other game that I stayed alive in was stevey's Hawtness Mafia. I had a role that game and was on the townie side.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 12:03:56 PM »
Quick Edit:  Maxi beat me to all of this, but since I typed it up, I went ahead and posted what I had.

I suppose I should explain the logic on Day 1:

My first vote was a throw-away vote, entirely.  I would have made it mafia or not, just like I had joked about, and similarly, I would've changed it as soon as I had something else to go on, mafia or not.

But then, people decided to choose between Mop_it_up and I, as you all saw, and when Maxi decided to defend me, even though I personally think it would've happened if I asked him to, us being mafia or not, most players had made up their minds to go after me, and see what would happen.

So we were in a perceivable lose-lose situation.  It wasn't obvious we were mafia, no, but there was enough that it was conceivable most players would believe we were.  I honestly figured both Maxi and I were ruined, I'd be out day one, Maxi would be out Day 2.  So what did I do?  I did all I could to try to help Mop_it_up be relatively invincible.  I asked Maxi, and we agreed to take her into a tie, foreseeing two outcomes:

In the first, Phoenix Wright wouldn't be online to defend either of us.  This was our optimal choice.  Maxi wouldn't choose to kill either of us, and no one would die.  The first day's results would be a scratch, we'd get a kill, and we'd move on to day two, with me likely under heavy fire, but still, it would give an extra day.

In the second, we figured Phoenix Wright would defend Mop_it_up, and allow me to die!  Sure, this would "out" Maxi, and lead to a bit of slower trouble, but it would definitely make Mop_it_up look pretty good, in the collective eyes of other players.  We figured if this would be what happens, we'd be able to watch for player who showed up online during the tie-breaker period, as well, and severely reduce the amount of players who could be Phoenix Wright, which wouldn't be a bad thing to find out, either.

What happened after that surprised me, as Mop_it_up was killed, and Maxi and I survived.  We basically played from there like Mop_it_up would have, though we were more suspicious, having two of us, without losing the godfather, meant we wouldn't have to pass as townies quite as long, either.

I'll be the first to admit things didn't go nearly as flawless as they could have, but that said, I'm happy to see we made the best out of a sticky situation, as well.

I definitely enjoyed the game, but the Psychelocks were far too difficult to be utilized by anyone, really.  I don't even understand how oohhboy could be an unofficial #1, honestly, I thought that referred to UncleBob, as he was the highest non-staff on the "Most Topics Started" list.  Beyond that, even though we figured out three of the mysterious people's keywords, it was greatly because of the hints they offered themselves.

The ones we had for certain were:

#2 BlackNMild.  His were Ness, a character he chose in an earlier mafia, and "Vote stevey," pretty much the only action he took.

#3 Kairon.  His were Salacious Crumb, a character from Star Wars Mafia, and Senator, a role (though not Kairon's role,) in the same game.

#4 EasyCure.  His were Cube the Penguin, a role he had in the second Animal Crossing Mafia, and how he died: Death By Inactivity, which is an amusing way for the bomber to go out, I should say.  Interestingly enough, Death By Inactivity was the only keyword I was able to "guess" without a direct hint, aside from knowing it was in the same game as his character.

The other two, we had partially completed.

#1, Insanolord's first word was Ernst Stavro Bskjsfohf, whatever the Bond villain's name was.  His second keyword was in a picture, but we never figured out what it was, for certain.  My initial guess was the actor or movie the picture was from that Khush used, considering he was played by a different actor in various movies.  My next hunch after that was simply something to do with the cat, but I never even gambled the guess to Insanolord.

#5 I believe the last person was oohhboy.  Initially, I believed UncleBob, as all other characters were found on the toplists, according to their rank.  While I figured out the first four the first day, because of the mistake, I didn't determine who #5 was, until yesterday, by asking what this player's first mafia actually was!  Mafia #13, IIRC, is what Khush said.  Process of elimination yielded oohhboy as the only player still visiting the forums from said game, and given this, we went ahead and sent him his role in the game, Mario, and "vote Garnee," after a little checking up and deliberation, as it's the only thing he really did in that game.  I never heard back from oohhboy, though, so I've got very little idea about it.

And I think that covers what I know, and knew, and planned, etc.  I like the secondary game Khush put in, but I think a simplified game, where clues are posted one day in advance to when they can be due, giving the powers temporarily would be a little more balanced, probably, so that investigation could have occurred a bit easier, and wouldn't feel like as much of a massive undertaking, all together.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 12:09:41 PM »
Great going townies, woot.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 12:34:49 PM »
As some of you guys noticed I has pretty much Hidden the whole game. I did this for a few reasons. To keep an eye on what everybody was doing.To search for the Mafia games that contained the clues. If I was not hidden people could of checked who's online and noticed me checking old games and they would of asked to themselves "Why is Maxi reading old games" So I did that to try and prevent people from following the clues if they didn't want to do the work.
Also I had to get in late votes in. I had my clock next to me and I would change my vote in the last min. My clock was 3 seconds faster than the forum clock so if it said 7:00am on my clock I would post the message at 6:59:57 according to the forum time.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 01:24:44 PM »
Maxi's last post pretty much sums up why I'm done playing mafia for a while.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 01:31:17 PM »
Maxi's last post pretty much sums up why I'm done playing mafia for a while.
You know I was thinking about something throughout the game. Some host can enforce that the players have to not be hidden or everybody can be hidden in the game so Roles can't be figured out as easily.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 01:33:33 PM »
You just need a mafia for casual players.  Who knows, maybe we'll see a "Wii Mafia" or "Wii Lynch" that would be perfect for you.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 02:11:48 PM »
For those that don't know thatguy's vote for Mop_it_up is because he was going to vote for her on day 1 in the signup thread.The game didn't even start and he was saying that in the sign up thread.
I'm pretty convinced that Maxi and thatguy are both mafia.  thatguy made his usual throwaway vote on day 1 but now that he's getting some attention Maxi's trying to save him.
I told you chumps.  No one ever listens to me.

I hate you all.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 04:55:18 PM »
Its alright vudu. Some games some people don't listen to me.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 06:00:21 PM »
Hey Khushrenada how exactly did the Psyche-locks work?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 06:12:21 PM »
For those that don't know thatguy's vote for Mop_it_up is because he was going to vote for her on day 1 in the signup thread.The game didn't even start and he was saying that in the sign up thread.
I'm pretty convinced that Maxi and thatguy are both mafia.  thatguy made his usual throwaway vote on day 1 but now that he's getting some attention Maxi's trying to save him.

I hate you all.

Maxi listened.  It's probably why he wanted to kill you =P

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 12:53:11 AM »
Congratulations Maxi and Thatguy, you both played a good game. It didn't seem like you were going to be able to get yourselves out of that one, but I guess few people were paying attention...

I might have participated in that "Psyche-locks" thing if I had noticed it before the fourth day. I didn't really pay much attention after the first day.

Even though this is a win in the record books, I'm still going to consider this a loss on my personal record since I didn't survive until the end. I think that makes my record 4-7... I've actually lost track. I'll have to count sometime.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 01:07:53 AM »
Well if we are going by staying alive record than I have a 2-11 record.2 lived through the game and 11 deaths.
4 wins and 9 losses. If I include steveys Hawtness mafia which I was alive at the end I have 5 wins and 8 losses.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 01:13:19 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 01:46:30 AM »
Congratulations Maxi and Thatguy, you both played a good game. It didn't seem like you were going to be able to get yourselves out of that one, but I guess few people were paying attention...

I might have participated in that "Psyche-locks" thing if I had noticed it before the fourth day. I didn't really pay much attention after the first day.

Even though this is a win in the record books, I'm still going to consider this a loss on my personal record since I didn't survive until the end. I think that makes my record 4-7... I've actually lost track. I'll have to count sometime.

I don't think you should, Mop_it_up.  Considering we won solely because you died, this has to be a victory.  It was my fault you died, entirely, and as such, this time, I don't think you should count this as a personal loss.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 02:53:34 AM »
It's kind of difficult not to. I was only in the game for one day and didn't notice the thing I could have participated in as a dead player, so I didn't really do anything. I know crazy things can happen in these games, but any time I don't make it until the end, I consider that the result of something I did wrong.

It's funny, but I don't think I've ever been a townie still alive when the Mafia side wins. I guess that's because I'm one of the more active players, which tends to make me a target for either the votes or the hit.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 02:55:10 AM by Mop_it_up »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 03:16:20 AM »

I hate you all.

I believed you. I just lacked the drive to really push after it. Both Maxi and Thatguy were on mu suspicions list. I was actually planning to change my day 1 vote to Maxi because of his behavior but I was to late to change it. Plus Maxi did a much better job this game trying to pose as townie. I still saw you as suspicious, but I had enough of a shred of doubt that I hesitated to go after you once I missed the day one chance.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 04:45:24 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2010, 04:50:45 AM »
Eh, I couldn't really participate on Day 2. Dead by Day 3. I was definitely suspicious of Maxi, less so of thatguy, but only because Mop_it_up turned up mafia.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2010, 09:36:19 AM »
Why did you go after Mop_it_up instead of thatguy in the tie breaker?
I was talking to thatguy on day 2 about it and I thought you did it because you were going after the unknown player since me and thatguy was suspicious and so we could possibly be voted out the next few days.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 01:45:56 AM »
By the way, what did you players think of the earlier start times? While I mention that, I'd like to send out a special thank you to Vudu who helped lock the voting threads a few times.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.