Author Topic: Episode 173: 201X -- The Munster Years  (Read 16651 times)

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Episode 173: 201X -- The Munster Years
« on: April 01, 2021, 03:37:30 PM »

The most excellent Greg Leahy guides "Hot Mic" Mike on a journey through the 2010s.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/radiotrivia/56731/episode-173-201x-the-munster-years

Did you like this episode's game selections? Let us know in TalkBack! Think you've got a better choice that hasn't been used yet? Then send it my way and your request might be on the next episode of Radio Trivia: Podcast Edition!  Heck, throw in a question and specific songs if you want.  Just remember, it has to be a game released on a Nintendo system in North America (unless we say otherwise)!

::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: Episode 173: 201X -- The Munster Years
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 07:38:46 PM »
Games featured in this episode:

Mario Sports Mix (2010) (Wii)
Solatorobo: Red the Hunter (DS)
Sonic Lost World (Wii U)
Kirby: Planet Robobot (3DS)
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair (Switch)

(Highlight the text above with your cursor to view it.)
Nintendo World Report

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 07:41:43 PM »
And to answer my own question, NBCUniversal owns The Munsters. Which makes sense, since it was inspired by classic monster movies associated with Universal Studios. Apparently there was a pilot in 2012 that never was made into a full series. But, based on my memory regarding the awkwardness of The Munsters Today from the 80s (that being the likely primary contributor) I agree with Greg that an animated show would probably be a better fit for any sort of revival.
Nintendo World Report

Offline Yoshidious

• Silent Partner
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 01:50:05 PM »
As always, it was an absolute pleasure to be on Radio Trivia; thanks again to TYP for planning the episode and putting up with my blathering.

Regarding Game 4: I initially thought "Haltmann Works" was a case of HAL being forced into the company name as a cheeky reference to the developers' corporate supervisors, but even leaving that aside, the name works as wordplay in the sense that the company's drive for mechanisation will stop people from working, so extra points are due from me in recognition of the compound punning on display.
Greg Leahy
Former RFN Editor

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 04:24:02 PM »
I couldn't guess any of the games, even though I have played the last two. I was thinking the music sounded Kirby like, but I didn't recognise it because I haven't played it for so long.
The final game, I didn't end up playing very much, so I didn't remember the music.