Author Topic: Episode 714: Robert Rodriguez's Mega Duck and Cougar Boy  (Read 7640 times)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
Episode 714: Robert Rodriguez's Mega Duck and Cougar Boy
« on: March 21, 2021, 08:01:12 AM »

It's probably safe to Google this.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/56590/episode-714-robert-rodriguezs-mega-duck-and-cougar-boy

Jon took the week off and James doesn't have any New Business this week. Guillaume finished off Pikmin 3 Deluxe and Capybara's Grindstone for Switch. It looks like a Match-Three, but it isn't. Greg is exploring handhelds-past with NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.1. As with any opportunity to talk about obscure garbage (note: this is not a reference to the NGPC), things go sideways here.

After a break, we tackle two email questions. First, we try to figure out how Nintendo could make an Astro's Playroom-style nostalgia game. I know its very unlike Nintendo, but maybe they should consider it. Then we discuss the bygone days of "unique" handheld versions of games. You can ask us how Nintendo could do the thing they're already infamous for by sending us an email.

We're about two weeks out from our RetroActive on Resident Evil: Revelations. Post comments here.

James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 714: Robert Rodriguez's Mega Duck and Cougar Boy
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 07:48:11 AM »
I always have to comment when Trace Memory/Another Code is mentioned.
How could you not want Ashley Mizuki Robbins and her "DAS" in Mario Kart?

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 05:07:59 PM »
Another good GBA version is Lego Star Wars. It has the same gameplay mechanics, but it has a kind of isometric/birds eye view instead of polygonal graphics. I played it a few years ago and thought it was really good.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 12:20:33 PM »
If Greg is into those mini-games in Match of the Millennium, it might be worth giving The Last Blade a shot in that collection too. You'll need to buy them as two unlockables, and they're less interesting, but it's got a baseball slugging mini-game, and another one I forget (was it skydiving?).
That game itself isn't as good as Samurai Shodown Pocket 2, but Last Blade has a second campaign for most of its characters once you beat it with everyone once.