Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553162 times)

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #5175 on: March 06, 2016, 04:08:02 PM »
February 2015 ;)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: March 06, 2016, 04:16:42 PM »
I have done a final tally.

I saw 52 movies from February 2015 to February 2016.

My favourite movies over this period:

• The Voices - An extremely unique charm that only Ryan Reynolds can do.
  • Mad Max - An insane technical achievement.
  • Tomorrow - Completely forgettable and yet made with the same Disney high-budget polish and shinyness.

Hard to say what you've seen already and what you may want to see. Depends on how much you want to squeeze out of it. 52 sounds good because that means a movie a week but I have a feeling with the deadline approaching, you may want to use it up a bit more. Therefore, I'll double it and go with 55 as my final answer.

Nuts. I should have stuck with 52 but thought you'd do more. That means MBSS616 is closer with his guess.

Just use it to see that twice a week until it expires and you will be good man. If I had to guess I would put the final number at 53.

Fortunately, neither of us actually guessed 52 so you don't have to give out a prize!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: March 06, 2016, 05:35:17 PM »
I predicted 53 personally. If i saw either The Big Short or Spotlight (two movies of "i'm not sure i want to see this") i would have got there.

Also, if i wasn't travelling over December i would be nearer 60.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: March 07, 2016, 12:30:12 AM »
Adventureland Another writer tells his fictionalized coming of age story.

« Reply #5179 on: March 07, 2016, 11:29:42 AM »
I loved Adventureland.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: March 14, 2016, 03:48:37 PM »
The Divergent Series: Allegiant. A film series in which everyone is broken up into 4 factions based on personality traits (or if you just choose to be in one, making the "tests" pointless). But if you have multiple dominant traits (which humans have anyway?) then you are classified as divergent which makes you a danger to society and frowned upon. Except according to the second film it is revealed that the wall which surrounds the city from the "dangerous outside world" was setup as an experiment to determine whether they can find divergents which is the true purpose and "saviours of the world".

BUT! According to the third/2016 film, being divergent doesn't actually matter because they actually want people which is "pure" because the "genetics wars" of the 21st century resulted in "genetic damage" and the whole purpose of Chicago (and the wall that runs around it) was to determine if nature could correct the damage on its own.

This sets up a whole host of plot holes:

1 - How did the bureau create the experiment in the first place? Wouldn't someone have remembered them?
2 - How did genetic changes (designer babies, in effect) cause "damage"? If this was designer babies, then wouldnt it take 100-200 years for it to filter in and cause problems?
3 - How does being "pure" differ from being divergent? Is there even a difference? Who decides what's pure?

That and combined with a budget that couldn't really hide the fact that a LOT of it was green screened (a large amount of the outdoors shots) turned this film into MEH.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: March 24, 2016, 10:28:41 PM »
BvS

Ugh.  This movie was every bit the mess I thought it was going to be.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: March 25, 2016, 01:55:50 AM »
I watched it too.

Things are happening, and people are doing things, and appear in places for reasons unexplained.

Was it the most terrible movie ever?
no.
but it wasn't a good movie either. Maybe the extended Directors Cut fills in blanks, but, it probably still won't make this a better movie.

I also wouldn't say it was humorless (there were 2-3 quips made), but it certainly wasn't fun.
and I have no idea how Lex was able to suddenly get in the alien ship, learn all the kryptonian, hack the system to allow him admin access, and then use his own blood to create Doomsday, who happen to emerge from his cocoon on queue, right as the egg timer was up, and right after Superman showed up. what a coincidence. Perfect Timing.
and this is where the slightly off putting CGfest starts, half of which I believe was in the early trailers.

The Verdict: About on Par with MoS for me. and as Zach Snyder would say "it is what it is"
Hype level for JL.... flatline____________________

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: March 25, 2016, 06:11:03 PM »
Zack Snyder's style is really visually dark and drab. Why was the movie so dark?! At least in the dark knight trilogy everything was clearly shot, even when it was night time. In this, it was black upon black (especially with batman scenes) making it hard to see details clearly.

Plus i see his style of over-the-top destruction continues as usual.

Also, the movie used a LOT of musical cues from Man of Steel.

It did exactly what i expected it to, and stopped there. Not amazing.

The trailers spoiled huge amounts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: March 25, 2016, 09:22:10 PM »
The trailers showed off way too much of almost all the major scenes in the movie.

They should have never showed Doomsday at all in the trailers.
but that was the least of this movies problems.

We all called it from the start when we said that this movie was too crammed w/ too many characters/things going on. It seems like it was at least 2 different movies heavily trimmed and then spliced together. There are random scenes that didn't need to be there, and they take the place of expanded scenes that would add more context to the relevance of progressing the story.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: March 25, 2016, 09:45:10 PM »
It seems like it was at least 2 different movies heavily trimmed and then spliced together.

My wife made this same comment - and she wasn't as harsh on this movie as I was. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: March 25, 2016, 10:13:26 PM »
It seems like it was at least 2 different movies heavily trimmed and then spliced together.

My wife made this same comment - and she wasn't as harsh on this movie as I was. ;)

and a very valid complaint. One of many I could make on this film.

I honestly went in with already low expectation and was hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
I was only surprised to find out that even my low expectations were not quite met.

But I'll not discourage any potential fans of MoS or Batfleck (who was a better part of this movie) from watching the movie... i'll just urge them to wait for the Directors cut and watch it at home.

I have no doubt that the movie will have a Top 10 opening weekend, but I'm very curious as to how weekend 2 & 3 fare at the box office. This movie currently has a 31% or Rotten Tomatoes, and it's only going lower as more and more disappointed critics view the movie.

Did you guys see the interview w/ the director and Affleck over the low reviews? Affleck looked like he wanted to be anywhere else (zoned into an out of body experience almost), and he was moments away from snapping on somebody.

and if there wasn't enough wrong with Snyder and BvS *minor spoiler*
The photographer for Lois Lane in the desert that turned out to a CIA agent, just before getting shot in the face... was Jimmy Olsen. Snyder thought it would be fun to have the character bite the bullet (pun intended) unexpectedly early on when you thought he would be around for a while
but you wouldn't know this because they had to trim so much of the movie that nothing is properly setup in this film.

**wait for the R Rated Directors Cut** which comes out this summer-according to Snyder.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 11:56:21 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: March 26, 2016, 12:25:51 AM »

I have no doubt that the movie will have a Top 10 opening weekend, but I'm very curious as to how weekend 2 & 3 fare at the box office. This movie currently has a 31% or Rotten Tomatoes, and it's only going lower as more and more disappointed critics view the movie.

Well, my plan is to maybe go see it in a couple weeks so there may be others who also want to see this trainwreck but are hoping for the crowds to subside a bit. Although part of me feels like maybe I shouldn't see it just to keep from supporting this terrible DCU. Perhaps this type of movie is just too big to fail no matter how poorly it turns out. Like Star Wars prequels!

Did you guys see the interview w/ the director and Affleck over the low reviews? Affleck looked like he wanted to be anywhere else (zoned into an out of body experience almost), and he was moments away from snapping on somebody.

Are you talking about the video I linked to in the YouTube thread or a different one? Because the one I linked had Henry Cavill not Snyder in it with Affleck.

and if there wasn't enough wrong with Snyder and BvS *minor spoiler*
The photographer for Lois Lane in the desert that turned out to a CIA agent, just before getting shot in the face... was Jimmy Olsen. Snyder thought it would be fun to have the character bite the bullet (pun intended) unexpectedly early on when you thought he would be around for a while
but you wouldn't know this because they had to trim so much of the movie that nothing is properly setup in this film.

That's just stupid. Man of Steel already made the big deal of having Jenny Olsen in place of Jimmy Olsen which created a minor uproar only to turn into nothing because Jenny turned out to be a nothing character with no real set-up, purpose or impact. Glad to see Snydor's stuck to his strengths. No wonder he thought he could throw in Jimmy Olsen here. He probably forgot he already had Jenny Olsen to replace him since she was so forgettable.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: March 26, 2016, 02:09:14 AM »
Batman V Superman : Dawn of Justice

Not as good as The Dark Knight
Not as bad as Batman and Robin
Not as good as the Avengers
The villains are much more satisfying than Green Lantern
Somewhere between Avengers 2 and Watchmen
Better than Iron Man 3
About the same as Iron Man 2
Not as good as Iron Man
Not as good as Man of Steel
Better than Man of Steel
I really don't remember what happened in Thor 2 (I remember not hating it)
Not as good as Captain America 1 or 2
I didn't have a problem with Daredevil the movie
Not even in the same league as the Daredevil show.
Way better than Transformers and Ninja Turtles, if you like Transformers and hate this movie that doesn't make sense. Don't be so negative to **** up my future Justice League movie.
Ben Affleck was great as Bruce Wayne.
Wonder Woman's theme rocked. She rocked.

I was satisfied. I saw Superman fight Batman, and it set up the Justice League. I would say if they cut out wonder woman they could have honed in on the story a bit more, but she was pretty awesome.

The Lex Luthor thing ( He cut off general zods finger prints and used them to gain control. He then took advantage in bugs in the Ai. (alien Ai may not respond well to deception, it is possible in a utopian society they don't put enough gates in the way to prevent unauthorized access. Deception would not be a trait handy to Kryptonians since they would figure you out
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 02:11:08 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: March 26, 2016, 02:41:16 AM »

Are you talking about the video I linked to in the YouTube thread or a different one? Because the one I linked had Henry Cavill not Snyder in it with Affleck.

I like the cut you posted, but the full video has Gal and Snyder in it as well. it's where the Snyder "it is what it is" quote comes from.

I was satisfied. I saw Superman fight Batman, and it set up the Justice League. I would say if they cut out wonder woman they could have honed in on the story a bit more, but she was pretty awesome.

The Lex Luthor thing ( He cut off general zods finger prints and used them to gain control. He then took advantage in bugs in the Ai. (alien Ai may not respond well to deception, it is possible in a utopian society they don't put enough gates in the way to prevent unauthorized access. Deception would not be a trait handy to Kryptonians since they would figure you out

I did have to step out of the movie for about 5 minutes during a Lex in the lab scene (daughter had to go to the bathroom) but I was told i didn't miss anything. I guess I did miss something.

But I don't think getting rid of WW would have helped fix the focus of the movie. She was a positive aspect of the film in my opinion. although I have no idea where she was hiding that sword and shield when she got on and then off that plane at the end w/ her carry on luggage.

I also think the *big spoiler?*JL reveals were out of place, and the Aquaman one was awkwardly long. Bruce should have shown them to Diana at the funeral in a pre-credit scene, with the post credit being the final coffin shot

edit: I just want to re-iterate something.

This isn't a "terrible" movie, but it is highly disappointing in the fact that it is NOWHERE near as awesome as it should have been. I also wouldn't even call it a Good Movie, as it was cut in a way that left if feeling incomplete, especially in the way it seemed to want to tell so many stories in one movie, but just didn't have the time.
I mentioned it was probably on par w/ Man of Steel, as it is just a mediocre movie with a collection of awesome visual fight scenes*...

I actually didn't even fully understand Lex until I read an interview w/ Snyder yesterday (source of the *minor spoiler* in my previous post)

Bruce Batfleck was pretty good in this film, as he was more the Arkham Batman than anything.
I imagine the videogame portrayal of this movie will be fun to play, as Wonder Woman was pretty hardcore in her battle as well. He put his best foot forward for his portrayal of the Bat in this movie, and it's just the direction and editing of this movie let him down. I'm not sure how much of this bloated film is the fault of trying to fit the entire script, or just the Director trying to hard to add too much that ultimately had to be trimmed down and stitched back together, but I don't think it was quite pulled off.

*(except for that Knightmare fight scene that was scripted like the Nolan Batman films where the enemies dance around waiting their turn for Batman to kick their ass instead of engaging him with their guns pointed while it's 5 on 1...)

In spite of the sour taste this film left in my mouth, I'm still onboard for Suicide Squad. Looks fun.
And because of this movie, I actually have an interest in the Wonder Woman movie, even though I've barely seen anything about it. She looks fun.
I hope Ben fast tracks a solo Batflick (that he is in control of), and that WB puts someone w/ a vision for this DCCU in charge of reigning in Snyder so he doesn't feel so free to just keep making visually interesting mediocre superhero movies.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 10:54:43 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5190 on: March 26, 2016, 10:35:46 AM »
Just a lot of BvS Spoilers here...

Wonder Woman - I keep seeing how folks think she's the best part of the movie.  My view?  She was there.  In MoS, We got Superman's origin - yet again.  Here, we get Batman's origin - yet again.  There's not a soul alive that is going to this movie and doesn't know the origins of these two iconic characters.  And then, Wonder Woman is there.

Oh, Lex has a photo of her she wants to get back?  Well, it's a good thing digital files can't be backed up or anything.  Yeah, waste your time breaking in there to get it back.  There's no way a mega corporation would have multiple dedicated backup servers of important files or such.

Oh, and Bruce has to go back to get his little dongle thingee?  The guy has the technology to clone a cell phone by sitting it down next to another cell phone, but needs a physical connection to connect to these servers?  Well, I guess you need a reason to get him back down there and to introduce Wonder Woman.

Instead of spending 20 mins telling us all Batman's origin all over again, why not spend that time giving us a montage of him beating the **** out of the Joker, Penguin, Riddler, etc.?  Give us the sense that he's been doing this - and has been successful, for 20 years.

Oh, yeah, the media is freaking out because Batman is "branding" the bad guys... but all the bad guys he killed in this movie (not counting the dream sequences) - yeah... I'm reminded of the Badman/Penguin College Humor skit.  They're just sleeping!  By the way, if you've never watched them, go watch them.  They're good.  The Badman/Superman skit was 100x better than this movie.

Oh, those dream sequences?  Those where totally out of place.  I'd say they screwed the pacing of the movie, but that implies there was some kind of pacing to begin with.

So... Lex goes through the delicate process of cutting off Zod's fingerprints in order to gain access to his ship.  That, apparently, he knows runs off Zod's fingerprints.  Advanced alien technology and it does what our spy movies did in the 60s.  Oh, and the very careful process of cutting off the fingertips?  Why not just slice off his hand?  Or, better yet, you're freaking taking his corpse to the ship with you... Just lay his hand up there.

Why are you taking his corpse with you anyway?  Oh, the origin of Doomsday is "Lex smeared some of his blood on Zod's body, and Zod's ship uses that to bring him back as the iconic, unstoppable killing machine - now with heat vision, flight, and some kind of energy absorbing powers."  Okay.

And Kryptonite.  Guh.  Okay, once you know Kryptonite is Superman's weakness, you're golden - but how do you find that out?  The cartoon handled it well - the rock was on display at the museum, some bad guys tried to rob the place, Superman tried to stop them, got exposed to the Kryptonite, then Lex saw the footage and built a hypothesis and tested it out.  Awesome.

In this movie... Lex finds some green, radioactive rock.  Having tried everything else, I guess, he decides to see what happens to Zod's corpse when exposed to the rock.  I mean, that's a logicial test to run "Hey, nothing else is happening.  Let's try cutting him with pieces of dirt lying around."

Oh, Lex knows Clark and Bruce's secret identities.  How?  We'll never know.  It's a thing that happens.  Like most things in this movie.

I could rant more... but it just irks me.  DC, I know you're like 6 years behind Marvel on building up and fleshing out your movie universe... and you don't have to copy them exactly... but seriously - they took time and nurtured the billion dollar movie franchise that we know and love.  This... was terrible.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: March 26, 2016, 11:50:17 AM »
i... agree with everything you said up there.

and reading this article *spoilers* reminded me of some of the very things you were just talking about
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/7-Big-Batman-V-Superman-Questions-Never-Get-Answered-120447-p8.html

and I was also not trying to go too hard on the lack of reasoning behind so much ****, and the fact that this is mostly a Batman movie, or that the random scenes thrown in here and there really do screw with the movie overall. But honestly Lex's plan seemed so nonsensical. and a lot of things about this movie left me with a WTF look on my face while watching it, because I just didn't understand why this was happening or that was going on. Your comments flooded those thoughts back to me.

But I really was trying to enjoy it, so I might have glossed over details (or lack there of) for the sake of salvaging a good time at the movies.

bottom line: this is not a good movie.
wait for the R Rated Directors Cut this summer if you MUST watch it.
it will hopefully have more exposition missing from the theater cut since it will obviously have an extended run time.

It's never a good sign when the biggest star in the movie is disappointed, and even the director is informing you of the extended directors cut on opening day.

edit:
and let's not forget how Lex was warning of Darkseid at the end, and how Batman's Knightmare has Darkseids Parademons.... oh and that was apparently The Flash that came to warn Bruce that Lois was the key and that he was right about him!? WTF.
Batman doesn't even know the flash, so how was that a dream!?

The Meta human video files were... very out of place, and it's weird that they already had their JL member logos attached to the video files as if they already had logos and costumes in place for their public marketing campaign.

It was all so random that and out of place that lots of things just didn't make sense to me.
The more I go back and read about this movie, the more it just reminds me of everything I didn't like about it while i was watching it. and I really wanted to like this movie, as I was a fan of the JL & most of the DCAU cartoons.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 12:40:54 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: March 26, 2016, 12:32:53 PM »
That article reminded me of another compliant.

Lex:  Okay, ship - make me a weapon of ultime destruction.
Ship: I can't do that.  It's illegal.
Lex: **** you, do it anyway.
Ship: Okay.

The best summary of this movie is "Stuff happens."

You know how in Avengers 2, Thor goes into the cavern and has weird hallucinations and everyone complained that scene was out of place?

That was BvS for two hours.

The director's cut...  I want to be excited, but if they added in an hour more footage, is it material that fleshes out the story, or is it just more stuff happening?  We already have plenty of stuff happening.

IF the director's cut actually fleshes out the story, Warner Brothers should rush that version to theaters in 2-3 weeks when the hype from this dies down.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: March 26, 2016, 12:47:56 PM »
The best summary of this movie is "Stuff happens."

Yep.
Things are happening, and people are doing things, and appear in places for reasons unexplained.

You know how in Avengers 2, Thor goes into the cavern and has weird hallucinations and everyone complained that scene was out of place?

That was BvS for two hours.

pretty much. and the point being that the scene was longer, and had more explanation, but was cut down to to theater run time, and over all the scene suffered for it.
That was the ENTIRE BvS movie. trimmed down for run time, and left you with a bunch of stuff now placed out of context, and the whole movie suffered for it.

The director's cut...  I want to be excited, but if they added in an hour more footage, is it material that fleshes out the story, or is it just more stuff happening?  We already have plenty of stuff happening.

IF the director's cut actually fleshes out the story, Warner Brothers should rush that version to theaters in 2-3 weeks when the hype from this dies down.

I'm assuming it's both based on how Snyder wanted to do this and wanted to that just because it would be fun. But I bet after the "additional hour" of footage not shown, you would be able to extract an almost complete solo Batman movie out of BvS, with cameos of WW and Superman in it, and it would have been a better movie for it.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 01:19:29 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: March 27, 2016, 03:06:46 AM »

Yeah, does anyone remember they filmed another stadium batman scene? That wasn't even in the movie.

I think if this had been a solo Batman movie it would have been great, but both of these movies took so long to make that by the time they were ready for a justice league movie everyone would have forgotten about Henry Cavill as Superman. Remember the development time for both these movies were over two years. Their biggest problem with making these movies is scheduling. I think they need to focus and get a good universe runner to hone everything in.

Also, let's all check out the 3+ hour R rated directors cut.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 03:13:25 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: March 27, 2016, 10:12:17 AM »
I'm sorry Perm, the theatrical cut of BvS is a terrible birthday present.

I'm sure you enjoyed it on some level though, because it's not like it doesn't have it's moments. The movie as it's currently cut, just doesn't come together as a whole.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: March 27, 2016, 11:56:13 AM »
Batman V Superman should have been good. There are a bunch of good scenes throughout...there's just nothing that ties them together. Really it probably should have been two separate movies.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: March 27, 2016, 04:27:25 PM »
Here is a good *SPOILER* filled review for Bats v Supes (aka Murderman v Captain Hypocrite)

they didn't like it. they rip it to shreds. and it's hilarious to watch.
I agree with everything they had to say, except the criticism of Gal as WW

UB, I think you especially will like this, as there are even more reminders of things you forgot you didn't like about this movie. LOL.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 04:41:28 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5198 on: March 29, 2016, 09:49:58 AM »
Saw it last night.  I'm not as down on it as the rest of you, but yeah, not quite a good movie.

It's so weird to that a 3+ hour cut could make the movie better because I thought there was too much going on.  For instance: the metahuman files, all dream/nightmare sequences (especially the one with the Flash), the entire subplot about Lex blowing up the capitol building, and the last seen with Bruce and Diana could've all been removed and left the movie the same.

Another beef I had was I couldn't tell if Lawrence Fishbourne knew who Clark Kent was or not.  Because in MoS, it was pretty clear that he knew who the "new guy" was.  Then, when Clark wants to write a story on Batman, he's like "No, sports" and not "Hm, what does Superman think about Batman? There's a thing I would read! What if they meet face to face?!"  But when Lois needs a helicopter it's too expensive until it's "not for a story".  Does he know she's running off to see Superman? Does he know they have a thing for eachother? (Because Lex obviously does.) Does he know she lives with Clark? (They apparently do, based on the bath scene even though they don't act like it at work.)  Also, for that matter, the cab driver was really nonchalant when Lois starts getting in cab and stops to make out with Superman, who had been missing since the Capitol blew up.

I thought Wonder Woman was good, and the actual Batman/Superman fight was good. But one thing that bothered me was how Superman being close to the kryptonite spear almost caused him to drown, but then he's able to hold it while flying and kills Doomsday just by trying harder.  I hate that in Superman movies.  They find some way to power him down, but then he saves the day by just giving it a little more oomph.

Also, I loved Ben Affleck in this.  However, Superman is not a character that can fit in Zack Snyder's aesthetics.  Very little about Superman as a character worked in this movie.

I think it'll get worse for me the more I ponder it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:52:54 AM by nickmitch »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: March 30, 2016, 01:52:49 AM »
Saw it last night.  I'm not as down on it as the rest of you, but yeah, not quite a good movie.
[snip]
However, Superman is not a character that can fit in Zack Snyder's aesthetics.  Very little about Superman as a character worked in this movie.

I think it'll get worse for me the more I ponder it.

Yes it will. now go watch the deleted scene that WB/DC released and ponder on the significance of that and it's context, or lack there of, as a scene had it been left in the movie.