Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553380 times)

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #4000 on: February 01, 2013, 12:58:27 PM »
Patrick Stewart a better Mister Freeze

Yes!
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #4001 on: February 01, 2013, 01:08:32 PM »
I thought Carrey was inspired casting as Riddler, the best part of that movie for sure.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: February 01, 2013, 01:53:18 PM »
his hair bothered me. I know its nitpicking but it really bothered me. After he went red, it was like 5 different shades through the rest if the movie, and even went back to dirty blonde at the party scene. Even as a kid, the inconsistency bothered me.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: February 01, 2013, 02:25:05 PM »
his hair bothered me. I know its nitpicking but it really bothered me. After he went red, it was like 5 different shades through the rest if the movie, and even went back to dirty blonde at the party scene. Even as a kid, the inconsistency bothered me.
I always thought they actually did that on purpose so it would.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: February 01, 2013, 02:52:13 PM »
odd choice if you ask me, but if it was in purpose, it totally worked.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4005 on: February 01, 2013, 05:22:29 PM »
Dear 'The Loved Ones',

How many times did I have to pause you? I lost count. The tension, the build, the horrific subject matter made this horror fan cringe. So many times I yelled something to the effect of "DAMMN!" What I liked the most though was how everything introduced had a point, a use, a vision. There were no new characters introduced just to save someone. There was no new plot device or instrument brought in. And this made your movie sing. It's a marvel that this is your director's first movie. While you are probably the best horror film I've seen since 'The Cabin in the Woods', there is no way I'm watching you again.

You Aussies are crazy,
Stogi
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: February 01, 2013, 06:56:02 PM »
Couldn't finish Cosmopolis

Premium Rush was good.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: February 01, 2013, 06:59:01 PM »
You may like Tommy Lee Jones as Two Face or not, but he is still the best (only) live action representation of the character.

TDK's Two Face has absolutely nothing to do with comic book or cartoon character apart from "half of his face scarred" thing.

I never understood hate towards Shoemacher movies. Also, crazy architecture was probably my favourite part of old Batman movies. Like, they have observatory on palms of a huge colossus in the middle of a city and then batman rides bike right on his hand or something. How cool is that?

he's a district attourney with a dark side thats presented as a do-goody only to be scarred and go maniacal? That sounds like 2Face to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dslipXaezGk
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 07:05:54 PM by ThePerm »

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: February 01, 2013, 09:39:53 PM »
You should see Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind.

And not just you, everyone should.

he's a district attourney
Not part of the character. Is Riddler's green bowl hat part of his character? Well, kinda yes cause cool costumes are big parts of comic book characters, but it's not part of his character character.

with a dark side
There were no dark side in Harvey Dent in TDK. There were incredibly slight hints that he's relying on his luck way to much (foreshadowing to coin thing), but that's it.

thats presented as a do-goody
Yes, he's presented as do goody in TDK. Problem is, he's not in everything else. In cartoon even before the scar, he had major anger issues. In comic books he was just a regular dude.

only to be scarred and go maniacal? That sounds like 2Face to me.
In TDK, he's basically Punisher -- he's avenging everyone who killed his loved one (well, except for Joker, because coin told him so).
In comic books and cartoon he's really chaotic and from time to time becomes good (i think he was even Batman at one time).
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: February 01, 2013, 09:55:51 PM »
You should see Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind.

And not just you, everyone should.

Seen it, loved it. They actually filmed a scene or two in my hometown. Lotta good memories tied to that movie, the kind I wouldn't want erased from my brain - know what I mean? :)

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: February 02, 2013, 01:28:05 AM »
Pupl Fiction: not even half way through and its still the 10/10 I remember.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: February 02, 2013, 10:13:42 AM »
Bullet To The Head - Sylvester Stallone spent a good two thirds of the movie looking like he smelt something frowsy. It was hilarious in its own right. It's short at 90 minutes too.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: February 02, 2013, 10:50:23 AM »
I'll still watch it, he's like the grandpa you wish you had, that took you out to get laid and beat up dudes with

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: February 02, 2013, 11:20:58 AM »
I'll still watch it, he's like the grandpa you wish you had, that took you out to get laid and beat up dudes with

I don't know, that grandpa sounds eerily like Duke Nukem. I don't think I like the idea of Grandpa Nukem.
Gouge away.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: February 02, 2013, 11:31:41 AM »

I don't know, that grandpa sounds eerily like Duke Nukem. I don't think I like the idea of Grandpa Nukem.

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: February 02, 2013, 12:37:22 PM »

It's not bad - i enjoyed it for how direct and shameless it was to driving its story forward.

Need to see The Last Stand next.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 12:50:47 PM by Plugabugz »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4016 on: February 02, 2013, 04:43:56 PM »
Silver Lining's Playbook - 9/10

I felt like I was immediately involved with the characters from the very beginning. The acting was amazing. The story tried to end in what looked like a cheesy 80s movie plot, but it worked since that whole set up mostly just ended the side plots. It's not your conventional love story, but that's what makes it great.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: February 02, 2013, 08:08:34 PM »
@azeke

Quote from: azeke
with a dark side
There were no dark side in Harvey Dent in TDK. There were incredibly slight hints that he's relying on his luck way to much (foreshadowing to coin thing), but that's it.

thats presented as a do-goody
Yes, he's presented as do goody in TDK. Problem is, he's not in everything else. In cartoon even before the scar, he had major anger issues. In comic books he was just a regular dude.
did you miss this scene?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7ZEQQeN3pdI#t=106s

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: February 02, 2013, 11:38:18 PM »
did you miss this scene?
Nope.
1) He was angry cause you know, Joker kidnapped his gf
2) His coin is double sided -- so even when he's angry, he's still in control.
3) He's standing right beside a guy dressed in latex with little cute ears on his head, who just beat that guy (or broke something in him, don't remember), and HE is the one with the dark side?
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: February 05, 2013, 09:39:39 AM »
I reckon they should rename Django Unchained to Django Off Da Chain!

I really liked it. One guy in the cinema almost vomited during one scene. I also thought the "Australians" were pretty hilarious as well.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #4020 on: February 05, 2013, 12:00:50 PM »
I also thought the "Australians" were pretty hilarious as well.

:confused;

Weird. I thought that was the weakest part of the film.

Those scenes with Django in transit to the mine didn't really go anywhere, and needlessly dragged the film beyond what would have (IMO) been a far more natural conclusion (the death of Candy and Shultz, and the amazing bloodbath that followed). Admittedly, when he does return to the estate it's from a position of power (which I assume was the point) but nothing much has really changed other than the fact that they weren't expecting him. I can't help but feel that there must have been a more adroit way to have written that ending.

There's also the fact that those scenes with Australians include one of the worst cameos I've ever seen. It was excruciating to watch him try to act and do an accent at that same time, lol. Truely terrible.

It doesn't really matter though, because the rest of that film is so well made.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:03:36 PM by Pixelated Pixies »
Gouge away.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: February 05, 2013, 02:02:23 PM »
Yeah I would have ended it with the death of Django, but then followed his wife into the next act where she avenges Django through clever play and escapes to freedom.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: February 05, 2013, 02:03:23 PM »
I reckon they should rename Django Unchained to Django Off Da Chain!

Really?

I hope that sounded funnier in your head.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: February 05, 2013, 07:54:20 PM »
give it an Australian accent.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: February 05, 2013, 08:12:02 PM »
give it an Australian accent.

Django; Australian for "off da chain"

Ok guys, wish me luck.. I'm about to watch Batman & Robin... something tells me not to be sober for this..

edit: I don't think I can make it through this whole movie..

It just started, with 16 close-up shots, that zoom in even closer only to do a quick cut away to another close-up shot that zooms in closer before cutting away to.. you get it? Sixteen times. SIXTEEN FUCKING TIMES CONSECUTIVELY! haha

Something about Batman's cowl seems off, it doesn't look like batman. Plus CLooney's chin is so well known, that's all you can picture. It even sounds like George Clooney over Bruce Wayne.Robin looks ok. Doesn't look much like the Robin I know, but looks better than batman. Still, was it really necessary to double up the ass close-ups?

LOL Mr: Freeze: "KILL THE HEROES" HAHAHAhaha

and shortly after "What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!"

one of those freeze ray fx were so bad and took up so much space on the screen, I couldn't tell if he was actually hitting batman until it cut to his hands indeed being frozen against a wall. I had no idea what was going on for those few seconds, I thought I had epilepsy. I felt like Ian Curtis' face sorry, I respect the man but it had to be said.

So.. Batman has had at least one scene in every movie prior to this one where he base jumps and uses his cape to either slow his decent or full on glide.. yet in this one, when having to dive out of some.. space tube.. he chooses to air-board toward a gliding Mr. Freeze; which honestly looks way too heavy for that..

Speaking of Freeze; it's strange to look back to a movie from my childhood and realize how much the movie was engineered to sell me those damn toys. There's really no other excuse for all these damn one-liners like "thanks for playing" and "stay cool, bird brain" other than to have some toy utter that **** in such low quality that you questioned whether it was even taken from the movie or re-recorded by some shitty actor hired by Mattel or something.

Speaking of shitty actor, Uma Thurman... is not a shitty actor. But it felt like they told her to just act shitty. Like the director must of said "you know that stuff that you do and win awards for? Do the opposite of that." and why is it that most villains act like such dorks before something happens and they become evil. Michelle Pfeifer was guilty of this too. A nerdy ditz in one second and BOOMP knock on the head, sexy and smart for a deadly combo.

Ok, now she's Poison Ivy and talks like she's from the '50s. I dig it though.

How is batman so tan? lol

Mmmm Alicia Silverstone..<3

haha how does Batman apply for an American Express? Damn, poison ivy sounds like a dirty slut.

It might be the expletive talking, but all these glow-light-gangs are awesome. Thing is, their outfits give then no advantage over GPD. They can't run and hide in alleys cuz GPD would just flash a giant ass blacklight making you standout, dipshits.

Aw.. the scene with the ice sculpture is the only scene that I feel really shows off Mr. Freeze as a real character.

Why does that giant plant just decide to eat Poison Ivy right then and there? Did that plant not tolerate defeat? Ivy failed so it ate her?? Too many questions..

Batgirl to Batman: "Bruce, it's me.. Barbara!" no ****! This always bothered me about Robin too, tiny little mask is supposed to hide your identity. Batman gets a new sidekick at the same time Bruce Wayne adopts some punk kid. At the very least, Robin would have to be at some sort of event with Bruce at SOME point, and be photographed.. and I'm sure at some point the news would photograph Robin.. hell in this movie they held a fundraiser and came for the show (a trap for Freeze, yes, but press was still around covering the event). No one would once say "hey that Dick Grayson looks like Robin..."

Is their a meme for Arnold eating things? There should be. Thanks for reading folks!

The End.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 10:48:12 PM by EasyCure »