Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553324 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #2750 on: October 19, 2011, 10:26:29 AM »
I watched Lion King 1 1/2  last night.  I went in thinking it would probably be pretty bad.  I was delightfully surprised when they start by MST3King there own Movie to begin with.  This movie is the Lion King told from the perspective of Timon and Pumba.  Sort of.  Its really Timon's story throughout the whole thing.

It has different key scenes from Lion King that have had more context put into them.  Overall if you like Lion King even a little you'll probably get a kick out of this movie.  My family did. Oh and...

"Dig a Tunnel Dig Dig a Tunnel.  Dig a Tunnel Dig Dig a Tunnel."

Yeah, I've been meaning to see that movie for a while now.  Lion King 2 was pretty decent as well IMO.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: October 19, 2011, 10:53:40 AM »
I watched Lion King 1 1/2  last night.  I went in thinking it would probably be pretty bad.  I was delightfully surprised when they start by MST3King there own Movie to begin with.  This movie is the Lion King told from the perspective of Timon and Pumba.  Sort of.  Its really Timon's story throughout the whole thing.

It has different key scenes from Lion King that have had more context put into them.  Overall if you like Lion King even a little you'll probably get a kick out of this movie.  My family did. Oh and...

"Dig a Tunnel Dig Dig a Tunnel.  Dig a Tunnel Dig Dig a Tunnel."

Yeah, I've been meaning to see that movie for a while now.  Lion King 2 was pretty decent as well IMO.
Good to hear.  I'll probably be watching that today or tomorrow.  My Wife got us the Lion King 3D Blu-ray pack that looks like a Drum.  So know I have a Blu-Ray copy of 1, 1.5, and 2.  With a 3D copy of Lion King.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: October 19, 2011, 11:19:31 AM »
50/50
Great movie. It was funny and endearing. This is the second movie with Bryce Dallas Howard in it where I wanted to backhand the **** out of her. Cobra Commander was a joy to watch as usual and Seth Rogen knew well enough to back off when necessary. Highly recommended.

This, also Anna Kendrick <3
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: October 19, 2011, 11:24:34 AM »
Battle: Los Angeles 9/10

I went into this movie expecting an action movie with a little suspense, but this movie seriously had it all. It was funny, emotional, inspiring, and real. There were only two scenes in the entire movie that I didn't like, and one overarching story (of the staff sgt.) that I thought could've and should've been dealt with earlier in the movie, but even that was well done when it was settled. This was just an overall excellent movie.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: October 19, 2011, 12:49:24 PM »

I went into this movie expecting an action movie with a little suspense, but this movie seriously had it all. It was funny, emotional, inspiring, and real. There were only two scenes in the entire movie that I didn't like, and one overarching story (of the staff sgt.) that I thought could've and should've been dealt with earlier in the movie, but even that was well done when it was settled. This was just an overall excellent movie.

That's how I felt about it, I don't know why so many people gave it so much ****.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: October 19, 2011, 12:51:09 PM »

That's how I felt about it, I don't know why so many people gave it so much ****.
Probably its naming, Battle: <Geographical Region>,  normally means a bad movie.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: October 19, 2011, 12:53:34 PM »

Probably its naming, Battle: <Geographical Region>, Normally means Total: Crap.

But who really basis opinions on movies from their titles? Some give you an idea of what the movie is about, other's don't, but if the movie is good, it's good.

Is Battle: LA worty of awards? Probably not but it's an entertaining movie from start to finish.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: October 19, 2011, 01:48:42 PM »
Well a lot do partially.  Take Transformers for example.  Lots of people saw Transformers 2 and 3 even though they were generally panned hard because of the Transformer brand.  Batman, stick Batman on about anything and someone will get it.  I disagree with a lot of reviewers in general.  I feel there out of touch with the everyman but, I saw Shrek and now I'm wary of anything with Shrek in it.  People watching the Picard and Data Show I mean Star Trek: TNG Movies mostly because of them being Star Trek.  Captain America I didn't even read or follow any of the details except that it was in theaters because I knew I see it.

It can have an effect.  Even in Gaming.  Doki Doki Panic VS Mario 2 prime example.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: October 19, 2011, 03:26:03 PM »
I think you missed the point, Ceric. A movie's quality isn't based on its title. Titles can shape your preconceptions, but anyone who lets a title affect their final opinion of a film is just being silly.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: October 19, 2011, 03:26:18 PM »
Ceric, I like Lion King 1 1/2 for one reason. This song...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSUkCCTCqF8

I still listen to that song on a regular basis. Easily the best version ever made.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2760 on: October 19, 2011, 03:27:12 PM »
But that doesn't explain why a title like "Battle: Los Angeles" would make someone instantly think "****-bomb" or something.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: October 19, 2011, 03:29:52 PM »
Ceric, I like Lion King 1 1/2 for one reason. This song...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSUkCCTCqF8

I still listen to that song on a regular basis. Easily the best version ever made.
Are you sure its not this song really?

I have a pretty good version of that song that is down acapella.

But that doesn't explain why a title like "Battle: Los Angeles" would make someone instantly think "****-bomb" or something.
I would put it in the category of "not worth the time to investigate."  Like if I see a Halo in a game, I instantly skip over it because I'm sure its for the 360 that I don't own.  Now the game could really be "Halo of the Angel King" for Wii.  Probably even good.  I figure if something like that is good or I messed up etc. that I'm plugged in enough that someone I trust would comment on it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 03:41:36 PM by Ceric »

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: October 19, 2011, 03:40:13 PM »
If you don't instantly understand while a title like that might put people off, then there's no explaining it to you.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 03:45:26 PM by Dasmos »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: October 19, 2011, 04:30:26 PM »
Battle: Los Angeles sounds like a direct to DVD, low budget, bad actor, cheap props and bad SFX movie. The title is generic and sounds reminiscent of something that has a "SyFy Original" label attached to it.

the sequel ("Battle: Tokyo" I think) sounds just as cheap and made for TV.

But I enjoyed the first and am more than willing to check out the sequel.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: October 19, 2011, 04:38:22 PM »
It is a bad name, but it's a great movie. I actually think it should be worthy of awards, maybe it was just me, but I felt it when they were losing people and also felt their desperation in certain scenes. It was great cinematography, great writing, good acting, and amazing execution. What more do you want from a movie? I guess a good title...
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: October 19, 2011, 04:45:35 PM »
Maryjane....real question, how high were you when you saw that movie? Cuz I said the same thing about Shrek 2. It's a good movie, a great movie even, but I was a bit over enthusiastic with my review of it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 04:47:18 PM by Stogi »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: October 19, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »
It is a bad name, but it's a great movie. I actually think it should be worthy of awards, maybe it was just me, but I felt it when they were losing people and also felt their desperation in certain scenes. It was great cinematography, great writing, good acting, and amazing execution. What more do you want from a movie? I guess a good title...
I've felt that way about a lot of movies just see the critics pan them and the rewards skip them and given to an art flick I wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole that is so bad the MST3K or RiffTraks couldn't save it.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: October 19, 2011, 08:17:45 PM »
By and far Lion King 2 is the Worst of the Three Movies by far.  Think about The Lion King with more singing but the songs aren't as good as 1 or 1 1/2.  The animation and scenes really aren't as good as either one of the others.  Character progression for the last movie, which would be Lion King, is not really that great.  Lots of missed opportunities.  It was just not as good.  Its a real shame too.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: October 19, 2011, 08:24:12 PM »
We all know Aladdin had the best sequels of any Disney movie.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: October 19, 2011, 08:25:56 PM »
I still haven't watched that and I really like Aladdin.  I think my Wife even has a copy.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: October 19, 2011, 08:43:05 PM »
Maybe because Aladdin centered on Aladdin and not the princess. Aladdin had a Tv show and that was awesome too. The little mermaid TV show wasn't bad either.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: October 19, 2011, 08:46:30 PM »
Buzz Lightyears Show was ok.  Also Hercules wasn't to bad either.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: October 19, 2011, 08:46:45 PM »
By and far Lion King 2 is the Worst of the Three Movies by far.  Think about The Lion King with more singing but the songs aren't as good as 1 or 1 1/2.  The animation and scenes really aren't as good as either one of the others.  Character progression for the last movie, which would be Lion King, is not really that great.  Lots of missed opportunities.  It was just not as good.  Its a real shame too.

Granted, I haven't seen the movie since it originally released on home video, but I remember generally liking the movie.  If the original movie was blatantly based on Hamlet, its sequel was based on Romeo & Juliet.  I remember liking Simba actually having to own up to things he would have had to do after dealing with Scar in the first movie, as well as deal with the same kind of problems his own father did.  Still, it has been more than a few years, so maybe it doesn't hold up to my recollection.  By the standards of the Disney direct-to-video sequels, though, it has to be one of the better ones (the best being Aladdin & the King of Thieves).
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: October 19, 2011, 09:13:54 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdWiXvCOLoI

Doug is out of place because it started out as a nicktoon, that wasn't its original intro, and that intro isnt till like 1997, and the Aladdin Intros are reversed.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: October 20, 2011, 09:34:31 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdWiXvCOLoI

Doug is out of place because it started out as a nicktoon, that wasn't its original intro, and that intro isnt till like 1997, and the Aladdin Intros are reversed.
I like the part of gummi bears where it says "The Fight for Whats Right, is whatever they Do!"  So the Gummi bears could literally raze the castle and slaughter all the citizens and they be in the right.

This just reminds me how many American Cartoons are no longer made these days.  We went through a real dry spell and its getting a little better but man...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 09:41:29 AM by Ceric »