Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553297 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #1525 on: September 07, 2010, 02:57:08 PM »
on the contrary,I could watch revenge of the nerds on a loop and still love it. the sequels though...
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: September 07, 2010, 03:01:09 PM »
Mystery of the Batwomen was surprisingly bad.

Just as a change of pace from the usual brooding Batman stories, I enjoyed the movie and thought they did a pretty good job of hiding the plot twist.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1527 on: September 07, 2010, 06:34:38 PM »
EasyCure, I thought II and IV were good movies. III is not so much, although the courtroom scene when all of the original nerd show up was pretty cool.

I got the four-pack of the movies, and one of the extras was the pilot episode for the failed Nerds TV show, painfully bad even by 80s standards.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: September 07, 2010, 06:41:39 PM »
I don't hate pt II myself, I can just enjoy the original SO much better. 3 I only saw once and it was pretty bad but pt 4, "nerds in love" wtf!?
Speaking of which, isn't it part 4 you're referring to? At the end there's a court scene where all the original nerds show up, all old and ****.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1529 on: September 07, 2010, 07:05:48 PM »
Nah, that's in III.  Lewis was framed for stealing money from the college and was being defended by Booger (who had become a lawyer in the years between II and III, albeit one of those ambulance chasing ones). Things were looking bad for him as the lawyer was clear in his anti-nerd views, then all of his old Tri-Lamb buddies show up to support him (the first time he had seen them in years since he had tried to distance himself from his nerd past) and even Stan Gable realized he was wrong and admitted that he had been forced to frame Lewis and the current Tri-Lambs by Orrin Price (played by Morton Downey, Jr.). IV ends with Booger and Jeannie getting married, and Lewis's wife Betty giving birth to their daughter. There isn't a court room scene in it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: September 07, 2010, 09:15:59 PM »
odd, I really remember the courtroom scene happening in part IV because I've only ever seen it once ever, so it should have stood out to me. Oh well, you sound like you know what you're talking about, so I'll admit  you're right.

Pineapple Express: 10/10 ;)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1531 on: September 07, 2010, 10:17:35 PM »
Only because i've watched all four movies more times than i'm willing to admit.

I don't know if I would like Pineapple Express. I generally don't like movies that are mainly about drug addicts and are designed to be watched while high. I did like Half Baked though.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: September 08, 2010, 12:43:54 AM »
Pineapple Express is just badass, whether you're high or not.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: September 08, 2010, 03:38:59 AM »
Undisputed III - Better than expected and held my interest all the way through/10
it's on Netflix Instant Watch.

There are some issues with slo-mo on some parts of the fights revealing flaws which break the suspension of disbelief, but once you ignore those moments, you have a solid fighter that's heavy on the fighting. Lots of cool moves get executed and only enough story is told to move towards the next fight with only a little bit of character dev going on. Worth the watch if you have the time and like fighting movies.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: September 08, 2010, 01:41:20 PM »
I can say honestly I've never seen Pineapple Express while high and I enjoy it every time. its just an action comedy mainly about pot. Cheech and Chong movies.. now those are ones you have to be high for. I've tried watching so many of them but they always have their moments where I just can't get into it.

also, Pineapple Express Commentary Track - 10/10.

Offline TheBlackCat

• Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: September 08, 2010, 11:37:15 PM »
I just watched Police Academy 4.  During the movie they had a scene where two of the actors and and a bunch of random kids (youngish teenagers) were skateboarding around town.  During the credits, they mentioned the names of the kids.  I don't know much about skateboarding, but I do recognize one of the names: Tony Hawk.  He looks about 14.
Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.
-Jeff Raskin

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: September 09, 2010, 03:49:52 AM »
Expendables

Christ this movie is loud. This is essentially a collection of action clichés in a technically proficient package of violence. It has some good comedic moments that aren't half bad. Some well used cameos.

*Arnold walks away*
Willis: What the hell is his problem?
Sly: He wants to be president.

The characters are pretty non-existent when examined within the movie, but if you super-impose your expectation as to who each person is from his past work as an actor as their "background" you end up with fuller character as each person plays a cliché of themselves.

None of that really matters as your really here to see **** blow up and boy is there a pay off at the end of the movie. There are a couple of scenes where your just can't believe what you just saw.

Sly is still taking too many cuts during actions scenes, shaking the camera a little too much and shooting far too close. It's ruining some very nicely choreographed fights. Too much obvious CG. If he wanted to make an 80's action movie he should have used older action style instead today's more "modern" and messy shots they few people can actually do well.

**** blows up, eat popcorn. Have a laugh. Go back to watching Rambo 3 as that is a better movie.

Rated

Colourful, but need improvement, see me after class.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: September 09, 2010, 09:39:22 PM »
Zardoz: ?/?

I'm not quite sure what I just watched.
Bless you, my child.
Please turn the power OFF.

And Jonny, you don't ride the giant Cheep-Cheep

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: September 10, 2010, 12:24:12 AM »
Yeah the Expendables was so much better than I expected it's not even funny. Sure it wasn't a perfect action flick, but it really got the job done. I went in with my big bag of popcorn 'n' drink, and enjoyed the ride for what it was.

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: September 10, 2010, 12:29:57 AM »
Oh God, it is bad when Netflix recommends something, "based on your interest in Serial Killers."

I don't even think I've watched anything with a serial killer in it, outside of Dirty Harry, and maybe Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Bless you, my child.
Please turn the power OFF.

And Jonny, you don't ride the giant Cheep-Cheep

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: September 10, 2010, 12:43:55 AM »
Oh God, it is bad when Netflix recommends something, "based on your interest in Serial Killers."

I don't even think I've watched anything with a serial killer in it, outside of Dirty Harry, and maybe Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

thats effin' hilarious! I only recently got netflix so I haven't seen anything like that yet. Then again, my girlfriend, cousin and brothers all use my account to stream movies whenever they please and all have different taste in movies.. I haven't really used it to watch anything for myself, yet, but I can't wait to see what kind of recommendations i get.

Actually, on second though, the first time I booted up the Netflix Wii streaming disc, one of the categories i could choose from are "goofy 80s comedies" so..

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: September 10, 2010, 04:14:32 AM »
Yeah the Expendables was so much better than I expected it's not even funny. Sure it wasn't a perfect action flick, but it really got the job done. I went in with my big bag of popcorn 'n' drink, and enjoyed the ride for what it was.

Not saying that I didn't enjoy the **** out of the movie, but Sly has some real learning to do. The one thing I really admire out of Sly and his movies is that he's really organised. He can get things together and then get them done even with all the changes in casting. He just doesn't have the film making skills to match at this time.

Rambo 4 was a pretty good showing of his skills and while he did use shaky cam, he didn't use it at the same time with quick cuts and extreme close ups as he did in Expendables. It feels like he is covering up for something that doesn't need covering up. Hell most of the time there was no reason for the cam to be shaky.

He also has an over reliance on CG blood and CG. Maybe because it's cheaper and easier, but it just isn't as good as squibs and a blood pack. Hell, most of the people dying in the Rambo movies just fall over.

Maybe he just doesn't have it in him, but I hope with the sequel he can go old school properly with not just the actors, but the techniques used in old action movies with modern equipment.

All that said, his action movies are still better than most action movies out there in the last 5 hell, 10 years in the entertainment department.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: September 10, 2010, 05:05:46 AM »
my netflix was always based on your interest in the occult and serial killers we recommend these movie
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1543 on: September 10, 2010, 10:33:43 AM »
grey, you can turn off certain genres (i.e. if you don't like horror films, you can make it so they will not recommend horror movies). Their recommendations have been alright for me, although I usually just put stuff I already want to watch into my que.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1544 on: September 10, 2010, 10:51:13 AM »
*Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Good movie. It's about Lex Luthor somehow being elected president of the United States. He basically forces superheroes to start working for him, and he is actually doing a good job. When a kryptonite meteor the size of a small country is heading towards Earth, he plans to use missiles on it despite all his advisers saying it won't work and that they should ask Superman to help (Superman had been reduced to stuff like stopping car chases due to lack of crime). When Luthor finally agrees, he frames Superman for the death of Metallo and offers a $1 billion bounty on him (which brings out tons of DC villains to try and collect it) and Superman and Batman have to try and fight them off (and some of the superheroes went to work for the government) and also prove Superman's innocence. Very good movie, almost as good as the DCAU stuff.

*Justice League:Crisis on Two Earths:
This was on the opposite spectrum. First, they decided to go with celeb voices instead of the familiar ones. Batman especially sounds way off. This was originally supposed to be part of the DCAU before they changed their minds, which may be why they went with Hal Jordan instead of John Stewart as Green Lantern (Jordan is a Green Lantern in the DCAU too, but Stewart is the member of the Justice League). The animation seems a bit off too. The plot is based on a 1960s comic series. This Lex Luthor from a alternate Earth comes to the main Earth of the comics. He explains that he is the last surviving member of his Justice League and that his Earth is basically run by the Crime Syndicate (governments let them do almost anything they want, but keep them in check with threats of nuclear weapons). Crime Syndicate member Owlman (their version of Batman) eventually figures out what Luthor did and go to get him. Basically Owlman secretly comes up with a plan to destroy Earth Prime (our Earth, where they are just comic characters) because he figures that all alternate realities are created from Earth Prime and that if he destroys it then he will destroy all Earths in every reality.

I give 5/5 to the first and 3/5 to the second.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1545 on: September 10, 2010, 12:59:30 PM »
I liked Public Enemies a LOT. The plot was great, and it had Power Girl.

I recently saw Crisis on Two Earths on Netflix and I didn't like it much. It felt like a terrible fanfic, especially the stilted romance between Owlman and Superwoman. Celebrity voices were totally unnecessary, too. I don't consider this film part of DCAU canon.

I started watching Justice League: Secret Origins but turned it off after 20 minutes. Bad animation.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1546 on: September 10, 2010, 04:37:45 PM »
Crisis isn't part of the DCAU canon, they changed their minds while still making it. The last canon entry of the DCAU was the series finale of Justice League Unlimited.

I have thought about watching Secret Origins, but the art on the box (front and back) look terrible. If it is available for instant streaming (Public Enemies isn't, so not all DC animated movies are), I might check it out.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: September 10, 2010, 06:49:47 PM »
oohboy, we are on the same page, somewhat. I thought the movie was so bad ass I didn't even notice the shaky cam, etc.

why must you torture me with WORDS!

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: September 10, 2010, 06:54:25 PM »
I just went and saw Resident Evil: Afterlife. I have never seen a 3D movie and was sceptical at first, but I liked what I saw and refuse to ruin the movie for anyone. Everyone, go see the movie as quickly as possible.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: September 10, 2010, 07:03:20 PM »
no thanks, never been a fan of the RE movies, and 3D has been a huge let down in so many movies I no longer care for it.

tonight is date night, and I think my gf wants to see that drew Barrymore movie..
I'll rate it later I suppose.