Author Topic: MORE GAMES TO BE REVEALED THURSDAY, PLUS BIG ANNOUNCEMENT MONDAY!!  (Read 14553 times)

Offline Ninten_DOH!

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Hey, I Was over at the Zelda.com Forums and one of the NOA Mods (who also works on the websites and Nintendo Power)  said that they would be updating the website with new pre E3 game announcements thursday and that monday there will be some sort of announcement from Nintendo!

here is what he said....

"BTW, bookmark the e3 page and visit it again and again-- currently the site is just a preview. We'll be doing tons of updates on the way to e3. The games that are there are only a small taste of what's in store. We expect to have a big update on Thursday as well as a cool announcement on Monday (approval gods willing)."

Dan Owsen-NOA

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
MORE GAMES TO BE REVEALED THURSDAY, PLUS BIG ANNOUNCEMENT MONDAY!!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 09:18:53 AM »
Interesting, very interesting *rubs his fingers Mr Burns style*
LZ 2005

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 09:48:31 AM »
The only thing left for Nintendo to announce that would get me even more excited than Mario Kart would be if they announce Pokemon RPG and a totally new Sonic game (Not a DC port) as being released this year.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline Ninten_DOH!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2003, 10:05:33 AM »
Sonic HERO it will ne at e3 i hope.......

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2003, 10:09:27 AM »
I still want to see something about Silicon Knight's new game, Pokemon GCN, and some all new EAD games.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2003, 10:09:40 AM »
i got my new nintendo power mag yesterday...it shows a sillouette of something on the last page...it says here is the shape of whats to come at e3....the shape is the hero of time.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2003, 10:11:42 AM »

Originally posted by: ThePerm
i got my new nintendo power mag yesterday...it shows a sillouette of something on the last page...it says here is the shape of whats to come at e3....the shape is the hero of time.

.... HOly.... please be what i think it is!!!!!  
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline Nat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2003, 10:26:27 AM »
 There's a thread about this on the Gamespot GameCube forums. I guess the page shows a blacked-out pic of Link, while talking about some surprises they'll have next issue!

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2003, 10:31:50 AM »
Dont even joke about something like that. Another Zelda game already. Stupid Nintendo, what are you trying to do to me. I gunna be broke at this rate

If Nintendo can keep up this pace of releasing so many kick ass title a year...
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline cyrus420

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2003, 11:20:13 AM »
that'd be funny if they were referring to soul calibur 2. but that info's already out, so it has to be another actual zelda.
HTML code is not permitted. Special symbols permit some HTML functionality.

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2003, 11:23:03 AM »
but no one should get their hopes up.. because Soul Caliber 2 is not out over here so maybe all that the silohoutte implies is the ability ot play as link in soul cali 2... if im not mistaken Nintendo has had games that have already been released at E3...  
I'll shut up now...

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2003, 11:37:09 AM »
Anyone have a link to the scan of the page of that magazine?

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2003, 11:38:34 AM »
maybe it is realistic zelda....who knows....i can feel the life at the pgc forums now....MORE SPECUALTION!!! I LOVE IT HAHAHAH!!! this reminds me of all those rumors with buy outs late last year.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2003, 11:50:46 AM »
I believe it could really be Soul Calibur II Link. I don't believe Nintendo Power has ever mentioned Soul Calibur II at all in any issue... so yeah... this is something new for Nintendo Power (talk about behind the times).

Offline OsonCubed320

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2003, 11:55:53 AM »
Nintendo Power has constantly covered SC II. They do it in thier Game Watch section. Every time they have a pic of Link in it 2 so I don't think it will be about SC II. I really do think that it is about a realistic type Zelda game! I am only feeling on e bad thing about this. This E3 is gonna suck this year just like last year if all of the big stories leak out!

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2003, 11:59:00 AM »
Another Zelda game?  Soudns intriguing.  If it is, please let it have the dark atmosphere of Majora's Mask.  

I hope the announcement is something totally unexpected.
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2003, 12:05:58 PM »
I hope it's not another Zelda game. Way too early to start another one. I want something new from Nintendo.

I want something new and original from Nintendo just like Pikmin, Animal Crossing, and Cubivore were this generation. A bigger original title I would like as well.

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2003, 12:43:47 PM »
i would love to see a Golden Sun on Cube

or something that i thought up a long time ago (and forgot lots of the details of) an adventure RPG set in Hyrule that doesn't have The Hero in it.. but the Zelda games never have had a really developed human race  to use for this game..  
I'll shut up now...

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2003, 01:29:15 PM »
so is the  silhouette of the new  cell  link or the  old drawings of him from the 64 days?

Offline SSJBonacci2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2003, 01:43:43 PM »
First of all why are you guys so worried about it being too early for a new zelda game? Being shone at E3 doesnt mean its gunna come out that year or the next. Look at metroid iv seen trailers for it before the cube came out! so just chill and wait till E3 to see the truth!!
I am the prince of all Sayains once again!!!!

THE DAY IS SOON WHEN CHRIST WILL RETURN!!!! WILL YOU BE WITH HIM?!? GET READY!!!

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2003, 01:49:19 PM »

so is the silhouette of the new cell link or the old drawings of him from the 64 days?
It looks like a realistic Link, not cell-shaded.

First of all why are you guys so worried about it being too early for a new zelda game? Being shone at E3 doesnt mean its gunna come out that year or the next.
Because the people who didn't buy WW yet will say "oh, would you look at that, a new Zelda, I'll just wait for that one."  It will cut sales, it's that simple.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2003, 01:51:26 PM »
Yeah, Kenny's right- even if the newer Zelda won't come out for another 2 years, the public will KNOW it's there and will wait for it rather than get Wind Waker now. I dobut we'll see anythign on Metroid Prime 2 for a while, too. If either of those games are shown this year, it'll be at Spaceworld (if Nintendo's even having it this year).
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2003, 02:02:21 PM »
"Because the people who didn't buy WW yet will say 'oh, would you look at that, a new Zelda, I'll just wait for that one.'"

Well I don't think showing off the next Zelda this early will hurt sales that much.  I mean this sort of thing is pretty common with the Final Fantasy series and I don't think they sell worse because of people waiting for the next title.  It's not like one can't have BOTH games.  This isn't like Street Fighter II Turbo where the new game makes the old one obsolete.  People knew about GTA: Vice City since last year's E3 and GTA3 still sold well up to Vice City's release.  In fact it still sells well even with both titles on the market.

Plus the average person has no clue about a game's existence until they see some sort of ad for it.  The amount of gamers that are "hardcore" enough to follow E3 that don't already own Wind Waker and plan on likely buying it in the future but wouldn't buy it if a new Zelda game was announced is probably pretty small.  I think anyone who would rather wait for a new Zelda than buy Wind Waker likely has no plans on buying Wind Waker period because they hate the graphics.  I don't know any Zelda fans who wouldn't buy both titles.

Offline Toad64

• View Profile

Offline dmcollin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2003, 03:11:05 PM »
i think sometimes if you announce a game you get people exceited and get some aditional sales.