Author Topic: So nobody likes GameStop?  (Read 242252 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: So nobody likes GameStop?
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2009, 05:44:43 PM »
b*****s = bobombs

irony
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2009, 05:54:31 PM »
Wait a second, if she works at GameStop then what's the deal with the Dirk Temporo quote in her signature? Some sort of irony?

I think she was mocking him. It was a stupid statement not to mention offensive.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2009, 05:59:04 PM »
I dunno about ya'll, but I don't like GameStop because I continuously have BAD EXPERIENCE IN GAMESTOP. And it's not the employees, who are very nice at the GS in the mall by my house, it's their policies, pricing, and occassional sloth ("yeah we've got that game." *drives over* "Oh, wait, no we don't. Sorry.").
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2009, 06:36:03 PM »
To be perfectly honest, even though I disagree with their policies and won't deny anyone else's bad experiences in the times that I've been shopping at Gamestop I've yet to encounter an event so bad that I vowed to never shop there again. I can only recall two bad moments but were minimal.

The first was when me and SB went to buy Twilight Princess and we encountered a huge ass line of people, something that according to him must be normal to Puertorican Gamestops. But even if there were around three employees working the counter there was still a huge amount of people there.

The other time was when I went to pick up my nephew's game. I had called to see if they had the game and they said yes. I went to pick it up and they said that while they had received the game they hadn't put any copies up for sale, meaning that if it wasn't for me asking for my copy they wouldn't have put the game up for sale.

So other than those two times I've been lucky. Either American Gamestops suck overall or Puertorican Gamestops know how to do things right *shrugs.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2009, 07:37:24 PM »
GP I was joking. But if you were to open such a store, and held "game discussing sessions", you'd need to charge a membership fee or something, otherwise all of womyn would talk you out of business. I'm still joking. I think.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2009, 08:31:14 PM »

I really don't know if I want to get involved in this thread.

You probably shouldn't.

not that that would happen to you, but its still pretty funny.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2009, 08:56:02 PM »
That first black strike-out looks like a

Offline Athena Asamiya

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2009, 09:23:31 PM »
Wait a second, if she works at GameStop then what's the deal with the Dirk Temporo quote in her signature? Some sort of irony?

I think she was mocking him. It was a stupid statement not to mention offensive.

Yes, it was a mocking irony. I feel kinda bad, actually, because Dirk has shopped at my store.
SNK>Capcom

"Never trust b*****s working at a Gamestop store. 99% of the time, they have no clue what they're talking about because they were just hired due to titties."
-Dirk Temporo

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 10, 2009, 09:33:32 PM »

Yes, it was a mocking irony. I feel kinda bad, actually, because Dirk has shopped at my store.

I hope you aren't the *expletive* that he is speaking of. Not that you are a *expletive*, but in reference to what he is saying in the.... ahhh you know what I'm saying.

Offline Athena Asamiya

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2009, 09:43:15 PM »
I most certainly am not an *expletive*, to anyone who comes into my store. Well, maybe to the regular customer who is a pathological liar that comes in and says he was part of the Irish Mafia in Boston, and used to have Christmas dinner with "Whitey" Bulger.

But besides that, I'm totally nice, and I am extremely knowledgeable!
SNK>Capcom

"Never trust b*****s working at a Gamestop store. 99% of the time, they have no clue what they're talking about because they were just hired due to titties."
-Dirk Temporo

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2009, 10:53:43 PM »
Dirk Temporo was a part of the Irish Mafia in Boston?

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2009, 11:13:27 PM »

While you are very obviously not in the group of bitches I'm talking about, you know Ashley and you know she did NOT get that job due to any professional qualifications, and I see girls exactly like her in almost all the Gamestops I've been to.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Athena Asamiya

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 11, 2009, 12:07:27 AM »

While you are very obviously not in the group of bitches I'm talking about, you know Ashley and you know she did NOT get that job due to any professional qualifications, and I see girls exactly like her in almost all the Gamestops I've been to.

Without condoning or condemning, I understand.
SNK>Capcom

-Dirk Temporo

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #138 on: August 11, 2009, 12:23:45 AM »
Nice movie.

naked blue man

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 11, 2009, 12:39:39 AM »

I really don't know if I want to get involved in this thread.

You probably shouldn't.

not that that would happen to you, but its still pretty funny.

That picture is the epitome of epic.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #140 on: August 11, 2009, 01:03:11 AM »
Its also a great picture for the Fail Blog
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 11, 2009, 04:42:56 AM »
And that is why I don't vent on social networking sites or treat it like a private blog/diary. Never know who is watching and reading.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 11, 2009, 04:52:56 AM »
Reasons for employment at Gamestop and most businesses in general depends on the manager (unless you have a corporate policy on hiring certain people). Each store is different, while one store may hire girls because of their looks (which I still find to a ridiculous and asinine statement considering many of the guys can be inept at stores like Gamestop too. Were they hired because of their looks to?), a manager like Scott hires people depending on their personality and qualifications which is why most of the employees are extremely good there. Amanda definitely wasn't hired for eye candy, she isn't ugly but far from being beautiful, she has a very tomboyish look about her (not that that is a bad thing). The fact is that she is awesome at her job and is more then capable, as I'm sure Athena is as well.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 04:57:17 AM by GoldenPhoenix »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2009, 06:25:49 AM »
Wait, GP shops at the Gamestop where Dirk shops? How do they both know the same Amanda clerk?

Furthermore, GP is in Washington. Dirk is in New Hampshire. Pap is in Puerto Rico. Smash Bros is in Alaska. Athena is in King of Fighters. HOW DO YOU ALL SHOP FACE TO FACE AT THE SAME GAMESTOP?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 11, 2009, 06:27:19 AM »
Wait, GP shops at the Gamestop where Dirk shops? How do they both know the same Amanda clerk?

Furthermore, GP is in Washington. Dirk is in New Hampshire. Pap is in Puerto Rico. Smash Bros is in Alaska. Athena is in King of Fighters. HOW DO YOU ALL SHOP FACE TO FACE AT THE SAME GAMESTOP?

It's just like how all of the fighters gather together in Soul Calibur. It is a shopping trip for souls and swords.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2009, 07:53:57 AM »

Lol no Amanda works at the local store by where I live. I think there was a mistranslation.

Offline Athena Asamiya

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2009, 08:15:27 AM »

And also, while he HAS SHOPPED at my store, all hating of Gamestop aside, he doesn't SHOP at my Gamestop.
SNK>Capcom

-Dirk Temporo

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 11, 2009, 04:26:32 PM »
A picture of a Gamestop storage room:

PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 11, 2009, 06:37:07 PM »

And also, while he HAS SHOPPED at my store, all hating of Gamestop aside, he doesn't SHOP at my Gamestop.

Bob would never forgive me. Well actually he might. I just go there because I've always gone there, and in the last two years, because I work there.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 11, 2009, 07:27:02 PM »
You work for Gamestop too, Dirk?