Author Topic: Retro Studios Gearing Up for a New Title?  (Read 5342 times)

Offline JDE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Video Game Chronicles
Re: Retro Studios Gearing Up for a New Title?
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 03:36:15 PM »
Ooh ooh!  I just had an awesome thought.  While I would love for them to be working on either Star Fox or Metroid, I wonder if they would be able to bring back Eternal Darkness?  Is there anything preventing that IP from being brought back?
My forum, Video Game Chronicles.  Check us out!

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 03:48:56 PM »
A first person shooter would probably please everyone.

Not true at all. Believe it or not, there are lots of people who don't like FPS games.
is your sanity...

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 04:39:55 PM »
No way will Nintendo do that again.  It's what they did originally and Retro couldn't get anything done.  When Nintendo first commissioned them to make GC games, they had four games planned.  Only Metroid Prime ever came from that and it was finished only after Nintendo completely bought the company, fired the founders, and cancelled the other three projects.

I would assume the founders who were canned could be blamed for the initial ineptitude.  Realistically it isn't the same Retro.  Besides it would't be like Nintendo would not be overseeing things the whole time anyway.

Not true at all. Believe it or not, there are lots of people who don't like FPS games.

Well nothing is liked by everybody.  But if one was to make a blanket statement about some game everyone would like the FPS genre is so vastly popular right now it seems like the sort of genre one would pick.  Somebody made this blanket statement so we might as well guess at what he was referring to.  I think FPS is a good bet.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 06:28:03 PM »
I'm crossing my fingers for Star Fox. They are the revival kings and F-Zero hasn't strayed from great quality at all. I'm going to say it is Star Fox. Oh man give us a speedy 16+ mulitplayer online please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing but flying tanks and the occassional submarine!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn