Author Topic: What's wrong with my steering wheels?  (Read 2260 times)

Offline gamegirl

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
What's wrong with my steering wheels?
« on: August 11, 2010, 03:47:14 AM »
Recently I paid $16 for a set of sports pack for my Nintendo Wii and there are 6 accessories in total, that include a Golf Club, a Baseball Bat, a Tennis Racket and a Steering Wheel. then I can play 4 different games
When I played the sport games with different accessories, they aren't any problems with them except the steering wheel. I intended to play Mario Kart racing game with the new steering wheel, but it doesn't function well as I expected. Have I done something wrong or it is not suitable for this game?
Can anyone help me solve this problem? Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 03:00:45 PM by MegaByte »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: What's wrong with my steering wheels?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 07:10:26 AM »
They are pieces of plastic so I doubt something is wrong with them. You may not be used to how the game controls in general.

Personally I would forgo the extra plastic things and play without anything like that.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 12:09:14 PM »
So long as the peripheral holds the controller on its side, there shouldn't be any real problem.

I am however of the opinion that tilt control for racing simply sucks. Mario Kart, ExciteTrucks/Bots, etc. The sad truth is that the controller does not snap back to a neutral position like a real steering wheel would. Because of this, everyone seems to turn too hard and then end up swerving around everywhere because they wildly over compensate in the other direction.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline gamegirl

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 12:00:38 AM »
They are pieces of plastic so I doubt something is wrong with them. You may not be used to how the game controls in general.

Personally I would forgo the extra plastic things and play without anything like that.

But I think that I used it as usual```OK, I will check it again```
Play without anything with that??

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 12:17:38 AM »
I prefer to use the Remote + Nunchuck control setup myself.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 03:15:27 PM »
I intended to play Mario Kart racing game with the new steering wheel, but it doesn't function well as I expected. Have I done something wrong or it is not suitable for this game?

Have you tried playing Mario Kart using the official Wii Wheel that came with the game?  If so, do you experience any problems when you use it?  As others have said, the wheel is just a plastic shell, so it shouldn't affect the way the game plays.  However, if you're not holding the controller the "right" way then you'll have problems steering regardless of if you're using the official wheel, the one you bought or just the Wii remote by itself.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 04:21:58 PM »
what the
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.