Author Topic: Resident Evil 3ds!?!  (Read 33807 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Resident Evil 3ds!?!
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2010, 05:28:25 AM »
It gets the point across. There is a crisis and dinosaurs are in it. I figured the game was about shooting dinosaurs back when I first heard the title and before I ever saw the game.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2010, 06:13:16 PM »
I wouldn't mind if this was a remake. I never played that game and from all the reports that game wasn't very good so remaking a bad game that few people played into a very good game that is so worthwhile endeavor.

Offline Gameboy Freak

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2010, 07:53:19 PM »
Trailer looks great!  :D I hope it plays like RE4 and does not have a convoluted plot.

Just because it is on a cruise ship please don't let it turn into a "Zombies Take Manhattan" game.  :-\

Offline balzzzy

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 03:22:18 AM »
In a recent interview with Masahiro Sakurai, head of the upcoming Kid Icarus project, he said that "In my experience of development and actually using it, when you have a lot of objects flying towards the user I find that it's more likely to cause eye strain so during development I'm using objects moving away from the user which doesn't have that effect." When I read this I immediately thought it should be interesting to see how this will affect Resident Evil. But then I read this brief interview with him again, and he praised Capcom for their work on the game. So stoked for this game. First day purchase for sure.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:01:07 AM by balzzzy »
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2010, 07:18:16 PM »
I watched the trailer again. Chris's arms don't look anywhere near as freakishly large as they were in RE5. Still huge, but at least he looks somewhat normal again.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2010, 03:38:56 PM »
I watched the trailer again. Chris's arms don't look anywhere near as freakishly large as they were in RE5. Still huge, but at least he looks somewhat normal again.
I'm wondering if this game is after a year off the roids or if it takes place during his daily roid cocktail intake days.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2010, 05:03:48 PM »
I'm wondering if this game is after a year off the roids or if it takes place during his daily roid cocktail intake days.

It will include roid filled minigames as a side quest to beef up Chris for RE5
My Game Collection

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2010, 02:35:21 PM »
It will include roid filled minigames as a side quest to beef up Chris for RE5
SOLD!

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 11:09:20 PM »
So does anybody hope for this game to be co-op like RE5? I'd like to play with my wife on this one. :)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2010, 12:46:09 AM »
Maybe if it's online. I don't know anyone else who plans to buy a 3DS (only one of my friends even owns a DS, and he said he doesn't plan to get a 3DS anytime soon), so I wouldn't be able to use local co-op.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2010, 09:59:18 AM »
If this has online, I might give it a chance. But, RE5 team is developing this, and my love for RE5 goes between "Hateful" and "Puking up Blood".

Yes, I really hate RE5. Shut up.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2010, 08:36:03 PM »
I'd get it either way, co-op, no co-op, online or no online. RE5 was definitely better multiplayer, but also made the game way easy and annoying in single player. I did prefer playing local multiplayer with my brother.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2010, 01:03:08 PM »
New info on Revelations
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/12/08/re_revelations_update/

Quote from: CVXFreak - who helped with the story
Summary:

- 20% Complete
- Takes place on a ship near Europe
- Between RE4 and RE5
- Other BSAA members appear
- Direction will be different from RE4/RE5 (more horror elements)

Back to horror sounds like a good thing (zombie scares jumping out of the screen :O) but it sounds like this won't be ready until around Oct. 2011, just in time for Halloween maybe.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2010, 05:18:57 PM »
I'd be super surprised if Capcom released Revelations next year if its only 20% complete. At 70%, Mercenaries probably won't even make the 3DS launch.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2010, 09:33:15 PM »
Well I figure that most of the start up time goes into making the engine and all the assets. Once all that is set, then creating the game moves alot faster, so if they are 20% done already with the engine complete and most of the assets out of the way, then coding the game should move along alot fater at this stage. But I know nothing of making a game, so I could be completely wrong.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2010, 09:41:51 PM »
Well I figure that most of the start up time goes into making the engine and all the assets. Once all that is set, then creating the game moves alot faster, so if they are 20% done already with the engine complete and most of the assets out of the way, then coding the game should move along alot fater at this stage. But I know nothing of making a game, so I could be completely wrong.

Thats pretty close to right though. The engine alone can take up to a year. Remember it IS a new system so that will add some time when building the core engine and they figure out how to work the system. The only things that could really hold things up is debug issues or poor management at this point.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:44:29 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2010, 01:30:53 AM »
Didn't Capcom announce that Revelations is being developed using the same engine as Resident Evil 5?

Anywho, the new screens are pretty sexcellent.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2010, 01:53:55 PM »
I would not mind a remake of resident evil 2 and 3, i mean they are due already.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 03:10:58 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2010, 02:38:30 PM »
Mmm, run and gun at the same time.  I'm glad they came up with this innovative game mechanic.  It's truly unheard of.

Offline balzzzy

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2010, 09:15:46 PM »
So stoked for this game but a cruise ship? Come on... I've been a huge RE fan from the beginning and the game has taken place in many locations. I really enjoy feeling confined in creepy places. The train in RE0 I could have done without as well. We'll see though.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2010, 09:51:23 PM »
Long time fans may know that this is not the first RS game on a ship. The Game Boy Color game Resident Evil: Gaiden (where you play as Barry Burton) take place on a ship. I am following development of the game, I hope it turns out good.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline balzzzy

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2010, 10:07:15 PM »
Long time fans may know that this is not the first RS game on a ship. The Game Boy Color game Resident Evil: Gaiden (where you play as Barry Burton) take place on a ship. I am following development of the game, I hope it turns out good.
Oh I remember it alright TJ...but I try to forget too. While I commend the teams for their attention to detail and insanely realistic environments...I can't help but feel like some of the best moments experienced were on land. What's next an amusement park so we can all go on roller-coasters? So long as the action and story is there I'll shut up and enjoy the ride.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2010, 10:23:39 PM »
Considering that the GBC was almost universally panned, I don't blame you for trying to forget it. I never bought it because the reviews were terrible.

Offline balzzzy

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2010, 10:42:34 PM »
The game got bought for me and I quickly sold it for whatever I could get for it. Everything about the game was terrible. Take a quick peek at how gameplay played out if you haven't already. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP-L2aoaBfE

It just makes me laugh to look back at that.