Author Topic: Nintendo hope to introduce Retro's new Wii U game in 'not so distant future'  (Read 31680 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
I know this won't dissipate all the hate but.. this game still looks FUN.

Damn, gamer's get butt-hurt so easily these days..

I hadn't realized there were no underwater levels in DKCR. My gf HATES the water levels in DKC1, thinks they're hard and creepy and makes me play through them. She actually thought the ones in DKCR2 were cool looking and wants to give them a try.

Can't wait for this game to come out.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
it isn't that I'm mad that the game is DKC, its that I'm made the manipulated the information to make it seem like a new franchise was coming out. There was no point to it.

The World "Hey Nintendo, what is Retro making?"

Nintendo "its a surprise!!!!!"

The World "I fucking hate surprises, why can't you tell me"

Nintendo "you're not ready!"

I am a character in Lost. The situation could have gone down like this.

The World "Hey Nintendo, what is Retro making?"

Nintendo "An HD Sequel to Donkey Kong Country Returns!"

The World "That sounds not only obvious considering you're last game, but also something I would like to check out, I'm glad you didn't keep it a secrect because that would create uneeded hype. I'm glad you were straight forward and not fucking stupid about it"

but you know what? because of this I'm NOT going to buy the game. Fucking jerk me around like I crashed on some Oceanic flight for 2 years.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 03:40:26 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I mentioned this in another thread. I think there's reason to believe Retro Studios has two teams: the one working on Tropical Freeze and another still working in secret that was expanded after Mario Kart 7 was released. It was released in December 2011 and a month later Retro Studios was hiring staff from Naughty Dog and Vigil Games. That's convenient. Maybe a bunch of people left and Retro Studios was simply filling those vacancies. Having a team work in secret isn't entirely new to this industry. No one knew Naughty Dog had two teams until The Last of Us was announced.

It's something to consider though I'm not going to get excited over anything. That was why I wasn't disappointed in Tropical Freeze. I didn't care what their game was (though I hoped for something brand new), but really, I just wanted to know what it was, be it DK, Metroid or whatever.

In any case, I don't think it's fair to blame Nintendo and Retro Studios for hyping anything. That's not really how they do things. They get hounded for info by the media and almost always give the standard "We have nothing to announce" line. Any time they say anything mildly different, it gets reported and rereported then ends up being this big deal that people hype up. I really wish they weren't so secretive with their projects, but anyone who buys into the hype does so at their own discretion.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:15:31 AM by Adrock »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
"We’re pretty much on one major project at a time. We do a game every two years or three years," Kelbaugh said. "In the first year of that, we have some extra bandwidth, so sometimes… We helped out with Mario Kart 7. We helped Monster Games do the 3DS version. Sometimes we’ll have a little bit of extra bandwidth to help out other entities at Nintendo. We really feel strongly about helping out Nintendo as a whole, so if we have time, we’ll do that. Do we have the bandwidth to do two major projects at once? I don’t think so. A big project and a little project at the same time, we can do that."

"Basically I’m thinking of, not just Samus, but how we can expand the whole Samus universe," Tanabe said. "You remember Metroid Prime Hunters. I’m thinking about things like how we could make that go out further, with all these different bounty hunters as well."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-nintendo-retro-discuss-future-of-metroid

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Well, so much for that. Whomp.

Then again, that's what you would say if you were working on a secret separate project. I'll take him at his word though.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 09:57:57 AM by Adrock »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
I wonder if they are doing the Nintendo F2P game coming out Q1 2014?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I presumed that to come from Nintendo Software Technologies since they're typically given projects Nintendo doesn't really care much about.

Iwata: Peasants, make this free to play game. *tosses small satchel of assorted coins*
NST: Yes, my lord. As you wish. *skulks away*

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
I've said it before: A Mario Paintball FPS will have me squealing like a giddy schoolgirl

Now this would actually be a good idea, one of the few Mario spin offs I might be interested in.