Author Topic: The Nintendo Wall of Glory  (Read 15060 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
The Nintendo Wall of Glory
« on: February 12, 2010, 07:36:31 PM »
** For visitors coming from outside of NWR, *READ THE POST*, or you will miss the context, making the pictures as useless as a release list.

This Wall should diminish the negative feelings of other threads like it.  There is goodness to be shared.

This Wall disproves the "Nintendo makes way more casual games than core games" myth perpetuated by some.
This Wall represents the hardest work in all spheres of game development and marketing.
This is the Highest Rated Wall.
This is the Riskiest Wall -- 2-D Platformers, in this age?  Wii Fit?  Wii Sports? 

This Wall deserves the most customers.  No other wall delivers this union of entertainment and peace of mind.  Trust gives it strength.  Quality and Respect for customers are its foundation.

=== CHAMPIONS ===

~ Nintendo ~

*U.S. release snapshot.  Mock-ups included for potential titles.

You stand before a mountain, looking uphill for some disaster.  Where is Nintendo's avalanche of casual games?  Wii Gamer, do you see it?  NO!  It is of children's FAIRY TALES and MAKE-BELIEVE.  What brightly towers before you is Goodness.  THIS you already know, because you are, after all, its customers.

[Industry]  "Bollocks.  We've swept this whole place.  You've got nothing.  Nothing but your bloody toys and your fancy waggle gimmicks.  We have games."
[R]  "No.  What you have are shovels and the hope that when your sales are stagnant I'm no longer standing, because if I am, you'll all be dead before you've excavated."  :reggie:

~~~~~

[Industry]  "Die! Die! Why won't you die?... Why won't you die?!"
[R]  Beneath this Wall there is more than earth.  Beneath this Wall there is an idea, Mr. Industry, and ideas are shovel-proof.  :reggie:

~~~~~

With the monument complete, Pro Daisy is off to take forum sabbatical to focus on various projects, serving justice platters thru other mediums.  Team Revolution will continue operating in the shadows, protecting this community.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 04:15:10 AM by NinGurl69 *huggles »
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: The Nintendo Wall of Glory
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 07:38:43 PM »
Where are all the casual games?  I could have sworn I was told for years Nintendo made more casual games than this.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 07:45:49 PM »
You're cheating a bit artificially inflating Nintendo's "brick count" there by including games that haven't seen release yet, Pro.  ;)
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 07:55:43 PM »
He did the same thing on the Wall of Shame
Red Steel 2 for Ubisoft and MH3 for Capcom

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 07:58:04 PM »
Let me see. I have these games.
Wii Sports,Twilight Princess,Metroid Prime:Corruption,Super Mario Galaxy,Brawl,Mario Super Sluggers,Wii Music,Animal Crossing:City Folk,Excitebots:Trick Racing,Punch Out!!,Wii Sports Resort,New Super Mario Bros Wii,Mario Kart Wii, and Wii Fit.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 08:33:02 PM »
I got 20 of those bricks. 27 if you count the unreleased games. I also have a lot of 3rd party games too.

Offline Invincible Donkey Kong

• DK Crew. HUH!
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 08:48:10 PM »
We make games.  Too bad no one else is interested in doing the same.  :reggie:
Buy Zap's perler bead art!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/NewDonkCityVending

Operation: Get Zap a Switch GoFundMe:
https://www.gofundme.com/get-zap-a-switch

Summer of Donk ~ 2017 Twitch meetups! ~ DKC2
https://www.twitch.tv/zapr2k

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 08:57:19 PM »
I hate this wall.

It's missing Trace Memory 2.

>:(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 10:01:09 PM »
I hate this wall.

>:(

YES! RAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 10:12:35 PM »
I hate this wall.

:@

YES! RAAAAAAAAAAAGE

I'm guessing he was only using games for the wall that are either confirmed to be coming to North America or Nintendo hasn't directly refused to bring over (which I believe is what happened with Trace Memory 2).  Notice how Disaster: Day of Crisis and Fatal Frame 4 (which Nintendo published in Japan) aren't on the wall, either.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 11:07:11 PM »
Its a great wall and all, but when I gaze unto its glory, I just can't help but think "Where is Wii Wave Race???"   :-[

(and please, don't say its in Wii Sports Resort, don't insult Wave Race like that)

Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 12:06:34 AM »
To be fair, I honestly don't consider Wii Play something to be very proud of. Its okay and all, but its no better or worse than the casual shovelware that we blast 3rd parties for making.

And what about the NPC games? Wii Music? Big Brain Academy? These aren't glory games!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 12:09:06 AM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 12:17:37 AM »
Yeah, but technically WiiPlay didn't cost us $50 and Nintendo didn't try to sell us WiiPlay for anything other than the $10 time sink that it is.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 12:24:30 AM »
I actually thought that Nintendo published a few more games than that, but I guess not.

I have 22 of those games, if you count my pre-order for Endless Ocean Blue World. I'd be interested in trying everything else, other than Pokémon Battle Revolution.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 02:10:11 AM »
To be fair, I honestly don't consider Wii Play something to be very proud of. Its okay and all, but its no better or worse than the casual shovelware that we blast 3rd parties for making.

And what about the NPC games? Wii Music? Big Brain Academy? These aren't glory games!

It's the numbers that matter. Nintendo had a few duds but if you grabbed a random Nintendo game it's still at least decent and won't disappoint (at least not 1 star average on Amazon level disappoint). That's how Nintendo makes sure its brand is recognized as standing for quality.

And hell, we've put many, MANY hours into Wii Play because we like the games in there, they work and are fun.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 02:35:11 AM »
Wow, I only have eighteen of them.  I'm shocked.  Though, to be fair, I wanted TP at Christmas time, and now that I live with my Wii Roommate gamer, there's no need for me to buy it.

Some other notables I don't have:
Punchout
Metroid Prime Trilogy

I'd say the rest are either games I have on the GC or sequels to games I need to get caught up on.  MPT is notable just because the controls would be a major factor.  Endless Ocean, and the DK Barrel Jet games don't interest me,  Mario Party 8 is just far too redundant.  Pokemon Battle Revolution, too.

Great list, though.  Imagine if each major publisher just had 5-10 games of the average quality here.  That would be remarkable!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 02:47:17 AM »
My sister loves Wii Play, we both played that a lot together back when I first acquired the Wii. It's funny, but I'll bet if Tanks were released as WiiWare for $10, people who say Wii Play isn't good would have called it awesome and totally worth the price.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 03:08:32 AM »
Tanks is the only reason I want to get a copy of WiiPlay. I love playing that with friends.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 05:39:09 AM »
YOWZA!!!

You're right Pro. Where ARE all the casual games? It's funny how these walls are so utterly effective at blowing apart assumptions and myths this generation.

I think it's a bit unfair to include all those additional games at the end there though. Especially with how secretive and delay-happy Nintendo is, my personal feelings as a Nintendo fanboy is to remove Zelda Wii, and hold judgement on XenoBlade and Last Story until they have HARD American release dates, much like Red Steel 2 at least has a hard American release date.

But anyways. Of the wall games that DO pass muster, I own... hmm... 20 of them!

Wii Sports
Zelda TP
Excite Truck
Excite Bots
Mario Strikers
Metroid Prime Corruption
BWiiMario Galaxy
Link's Crossbow training
Endless ocean
Super Smash bros. Brawl
Wii Music
Animal Crossing
NPC Pikmin
Excite Bots
Wii Sports Resort
Metroid Prime Trilogy
NSMBWii
Endless Ocean Blue World
Mario kart Wii
Wii Fit

In contrast, the most games I own from a single third-party publisher is 11, from Sega. That's actually not too bad a comparison.

Oh, and BTW, I <3 <3 <3 Wii Music. That game is so full of glory. GLORY!!! I still go to the Pro's sixsidedmedia site and just...listen to the Wii Music videos he posted... *sniff*

And also, I intend to NEVER own Wii Play.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 09:21:03 AM »
While it does dispel the myth of there being more "light" games than core ones, it does completely validate how these titles were unevenly marketed off a computer.

I counted 13 of the entire lot.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 11:35:45 AM »
I think it's a bit unfair to include all those additional games at the end there though.

I disagree Kairon, mainly because those titles at the end show intention and direction of future software.  Zelda and the Last Story are the only titles nobody has seen yet, but Zelda's a lock for release and Nintendo did trademark The Last Story in America.

If Pro really wanted to cheat, he'd include Pikmin 3, Retro's Project, Line Attack Heroes, Span Smasher, and Cosmic Walker, but those games aren't as far into development or as publicly revealed as the others.

But you are correct about myths being dispelled.  Where is this "casual focus?"

By the way, the best and most compelling boxart on that wall is Wii Play.  The entire left side is dominated by the main reason most buy it.  The controller is that powerful.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 01:28:14 PM »
Controversy time: Are Big Brain Brain Academy:Wii Degree and Pokemon Battle Revolution shovelware? I've played neither.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2010, 01:40:13 PM »
Pokemon Battle Revolution is similar to the Stadium and Colossium games. They are basicaly there so players can import their pokemon over to the game and play on the big screen. Also I heard there was some pokemon that are only in PBR. There are pokemon with unique movesets. Big Brain Academy I haven't played but I think the game is a title that does what it intends to and that is a entertaining game that helps improve the players in real life. Brain Age and Big Brain Academy were the first brain games so no I wouldn't count them as shovelware.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2010, 01:42:07 PM »
Controversy time: Are Big Brain Brain Academy:Wii Degree and Pokemon Battle Revolution shovelware? I've played neither.

They're not shovelware, but they don't really "pop" In my opinion. Big Brain Academy; Wii Degree I've always though of as a mismatch for the Wii, it's a concept that works better on the DS, and even then less successfully than Brain Age. And Pokemon Battle Revolution? I consider that just another Pokemon Stadium game, and while not worthless, it's nothing to write home about either.

Now, is Donkey Kong Barrel Blast shovelware?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile