Author Topic: Cursed Mountain  (Read 55453 times)

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Cursed Mountain
« Reply #200 on: September 07, 2009, 10:55:38 AM »
I think I am going to go out and rent this later, it sounds interesting.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #201 on: September 10, 2009, 01:56:18 PM »
I shall resume play tonight.  Labor Day weekend and buying my parents an HDTV to replace their broken Hugebox360 480p Projection TV kept me away from my electronic commodities.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #202 on: September 12, 2009, 03:42:28 AM »
lols.  I didn't actually play at all last night, spending 3 hours with REGGIE KART unexpectedly (sorry I didn't announce it).

But I just finished up some time with CM this evening, quick impression update to follow... after more REGGIE KART!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 05:31:35 AM by NinGurl69 *huggles »

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #203 on: September 12, 2009, 06:12:43 AM »
In the middle of the 5th chapter now, new scenery, interesting new architecture.  The further I travel, the higher up the mountain I go.  With each new chapter, you can turn around and see the regions you left behind in previous chapters (clusters of polygons that resemble the stages) as they apparently all exist inside the same valley.  And if I look UP the mountain, I can see clusters that look like monastaries that I'll eventually visit, some farther than others.  In the immediate sense, if I find an vista point I can look down and see the portion of the stage that I've completed, sometimes including the very beginning of the stage; the design isn't tucking things behind a door or corner, it simple lets you see all this stuff when you get the chance.

At this point, my slow "projectile" is no longer an issue.  However, reload time hasn't changed.

Because I'm not armed to the teeth like Leon, and I can't heal whenever I want (only at stations), I'm not overpowered and I continue to carry a sense of vulnerability.  The ghosts are sometimes tricky when walking, and they've set a couple clever traps that added to my confusion, allowing them to get some hits on me.  Defeating them required moderate clarity and a consistent level of work:  adapt and take care of the confusion/illusion, hack at or shoot them till they're weak enough, then finish them off with motion gestures to regain a small bit of health back.

My sense of vulnerability, the urge to be careful in combat, the forboding sounds of combat, and the awesome new chanting background music work together to prompt anxiety as I quietly move on.  It's an entertaining feeling that reminds me of playing ED the first time.

Oh, and the "crazy camera" likes to kick in and make me nervous.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 06:16:35 AM by NinGurl69 *huggles »

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 12, 2009, 12:04:59 PM »
I wonder if it will sell better then ED.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 12, 2009, 12:28:23 PM »
I wonder if it will sell better then ED.

Unlike ED, I'll buy it new soon enough. Only reason I  bought that game used was because I couldn't find a copy otherwise. So i guess +1 for CM!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline mac<censored>

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 12, 2009, 10:09:53 PM »
In the middle of the 5th chapter now, new scenery, interesting new architecture.  The further I travel, the higher up the mountain I go. 

BTW, I really like these progress reports... I kinda feel like I'm playing the game!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #207 on: September 13, 2009, 09:13:06 PM »
In the middle of the 5th chapter now, new scenery, interesting new architecture.  The further I travel, the higher up the mountain I go.

BTW, I really like these progress reports... I kinda feel like I'm playing the game!

If that's the case, then I'm done with progress reports.  I've already provided impressions with relavant details, so next time I'll provide some videos to show the intro bits of the game.

I am alone, isolated, cold.  I am tired of these people, their world, their problems.  I shall paint myself blue and roam the universe naked.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 14, 2009, 11:20:21 AM »

If that's the case, then I'm done with progress reports.  I've already provided impressions with relavant details, so next time I'll provide some videos to show the intro bits of the game.

I am alone, isolated, cold.  I am tired of these people, their world, their problems.  I shall paint myself blue and roam the universe naked.

Good, maybe now some of us can actually go out and buy the game and play it along with you so you don't feel so alone.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #209 on: September 14, 2009, 03:20:34 PM »
No thanks.  We are not having Blue Man Cho Aniki Cursed Mountain action together.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2009, 04:13:49 PM »
Spiritual Man Beams are no-go?

/sad

Guess i'll skip out on this game then. I rather enjoy playing Rune Factory somewhat in tandem.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2009, 04:23:19 PM »
Feel free to trade your money for it.  I'm just not providing impressions anymore, so others should simply take the plunge and play through it before NWR gives it a 6.5/10.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2009, 05:25:30 PM »
Beat this last night.

Wish Zelda's mountain environments were more interesting, similar to how these landscapes were detailed, instead of upgraded N64 levels with obvious giant-wall barriers.

The Mountain is a harsh mistress.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 21, 2009, 04:20:11 PM »
Think I'll either pick up this or Rune Factory Frontier once I'm done with Little King's Story... thanks for the impressions, Pro!
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline rbtr

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 21, 2009, 10:59:42 PM »
This dropped to 30 bux at best buy....

pick it up if ya want it!

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 22, 2009, 10:25:39 AM »
This dropped to 30 bux at best buy....

Really! I was just milling around Best Buy (looking for Rune Factory Frontier, actually) on Sunday, but this was listed at $50 still... hmm...
Twitter

Offline rbtr

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 22, 2009, 10:55:55 AM »
Best Buy does permanent price changes on Mondays.  I put a sticker on cursed mountain for 29.99, and considered buying it.

Czech again!

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 22, 2009, 11:26:58 AM »
Best Buy does permanent price changes on Mondays.  I put a sticker on cursed mountain for 29.99, and considered buying it.

Czech again!

Checked online, $29.99! Game ordered, in-store pickup later today. Thanks for the heads-up, rbtr! :)
Twitter

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 23, 2009, 09:18:41 AM »

Czech again!

Checked online, $29.99! Game ordered, in-store pickup later today. Thanks for the heads-up, rbtr! :)

I should hate on you for not picking up Rune Factory Frontier but, since this is a game you can actually finish, I'll be nice. Once you're done finding on your brother, take a break from the mountain and do some good ol' fashion farm work and lady wooin'.

Offline mac<censored>

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 23, 2009, 09:45:11 AM »
do some good ol' fashion farm work and lady wooin'.

Do you get extra points for head-shots?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 23, 2009, 10:09:08 AM »
do some good ol' fashion farm work and lady wooin'.

Do you get extra points for head-shots?

If by head-shots you mean picking heads of lettuce, than yeah!

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 23, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »
I should hate on you for not picking up Rune Factory Frontier but...

Ahem:

I was just milling around Best Buy (looking for Rune Factory Frontier, actually) on Sunday...

Ya best not be hatin' – I'm part of the solution, not part of the problem! Madworld, Little King's Story, Cursed Mountain, THE LIST GOES ON.

On topic, I didn't get to pick this up yesterday, and tonight won't work either, but hopefully tomorrow! Will post some impressions after I get it, even though there's no way to top Pro's tantalizing write-ups...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 12:14:45 PM by decoyman »
Twitter

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 23, 2009, 02:55:06 PM »
I should hate on you for not picking up Rune Factory Frontier but...

Ahem:

I was just milling around Best Buy (looking for Rune Factory Frontier, actually) on Sunday...

Ya best not be hatin' – I'm part of the solution, not part of the problem! Madworld, Little King's Story, Cursed Mountain, THE LIST GOES ON.

On topic, I didn't get to pick this up yesterday, and tonight won't work either, but hopefully tomorrow! Will post some impressions after I get it, even though there's no way to top Pro's tantalizing write-ups...

You made it sound as if you gave up your search for RFF to get CM instead. If that was the case then I'd have no choice but to be hatin'

Oh and Pro's write-ups are titillating as well as tantalizing..

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 23, 2009, 05:47:19 PM »
You made it sound as if you gave up your search for RFF to get CM instead. If that was the case then I'd have no choice but to be hatin'

Hahaha, NO. I think I'll pick it up from Gamestop when I can find it there. All the Best Buys in my area are out of RFF for now (and presumably forever), so I've got to find it another way. And I don't want to spend $2.99 on shipping. /cheapskate ;)
Twitter

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 24, 2009, 09:13:17 AM »

Hahaha, NO. I think I'll pick it up from Gamestop when I can find it there. All the Best Buys in my area are out of RFF for now (and presumably forever), so I've got to find it another way. And I don't want to spend $2.99 on shipping. /cheapskate ;)

cheap bastard... You're gonna end up getting a new used copy from gamestop and go back to being PART OF THE PROBLEM.