Author Topic: Ducktales: Why did no one tell me?  (Read 8211 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Ducktales: Why did no one tell me?
« on: June 16, 2013, 12:26:27 AM »
Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I just saw the trailer for the Ducktales remake for the first time.

I have not been this pumped for a game since I saw the initial trailer for Twilight Princess.

Then I saw it was not on the 3DS...oh. Well I was going to get a Wii U eventually, but I would rather it have been for the 3DS. I can't get a U until later this year or early next. I was even hoping for a redesign to release in time for me to pick it up. But this. This may push me to get one sooner. Who'd have thought a redesign of a 25 year old game would be my system seller?

Is anyone else as pumped as I am for it?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
Re: Ducktales: Why did no one tell me?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 01:21:52 PM »
Never played the original game myself, so I'm really excited to experience this for the first time.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 03:24:25 PM »
I have yet to purchase a digital game for a Nintendo system... this will be the first, without question.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 05:59:23 AM »
As a fan of the NES original I'm both super excited about this but also fairly cautious not to get my hopes up. I've heard good things so far but who knows..

Either way, though, I think this will be a day 1 purchase for good or bad.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 09:12:56 AM »
If you don't own a Wii U, there is always Steam.  I am looking forward to the game, too!

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 11:31:23 AM »
After what WayForward did with Double Dragon Neon? Day 1 purchase!

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 11:32:13 AM »
Wii U version hard crashes system when browsing leaderboards, and sometimes crashes game when all lives are lost and the game doesn't put you back in the lobby (black screen).

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 02:54:48 PM »
Will buy as soon as I have some money. Definitely excited to play it.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 11:55:51 PM »
Wii U version hard crashes system when browsing leaderboards, and sometimes crashes game when all lives are lost and the game doesn't put you back in the lobby (black screen).
Is the game already available on NA eShop?

Because it's not on european market.

I've seen Giant Bomb footage of it. They crashed two minutes into the game.

Come on, Wayforward, get your game together.

Is map displayed on Gamepad? I've noticed player in GB footage pressing start constantly to see it.

Also, checking the game page on eShop yesterday i noticed that eShop game description only have one-screen screenshots (as in only screenshot for TV, no screenshot for gamepad). I've checked other games then, and none of them had dual screenshots. This is just stupid.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 01:23:23 AM »
Is the game already available on NA eShop?

Is map displayed on Gamepad? I've noticed player in GB footage pressing start constantly to see it.

It's been available for NA since the 13th.

You can have the map displayed on the gamepad without having to press Start all the time. All you have to do is press Start, and then press X. Press B to exit menu, and your set to play the game with map always on the gamepad.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 12:59:44 PM »
Capcom sent a press kit to reviewers for this game that included a Zelda-style gold NES cartridge with the original NES game on it.  This is a legitimate NES cartridge that you can play on a real NES.  There are only 150 of these things and they were only sent to the press.  From a retro game collector's point of view this is incredibly interesting because Capcom just introduced an incredibly rare item to the NES library.  Any collector that had amassed every NES cartridge released just found themselves with an incomplete collection.  While similar items were made for Mega Man 9, they just looked like an NES cartridge so they would be mere memorabilia.  But since this is a real cartridge it carries a certain "legitimacy".  20 years from now any web site covering the NES would include it as one of the rarest cartridges on par with the NES World Championship cartridges.  They've effectively changed NES history, all for a press kit.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 10:57:08 AM »
That's really cool to think about. One of the rarest NES games came out almost 30 years after the systems release.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 11:55:14 AM »
Does anybody have this game yet? Is it worth paying for? I am thinking if I should get it on steam now or wait till I can get it for Wii U?

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2013, 12:35:15 AM »
Does anybody have this game yet? Is it worth paying for? I am thinking if I should get it on steam now or wait till I can get it for Wii U?

I downloaded it, its a pretty cool remake. Its got the same platforming of the old one with very good art style and voice acting.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2013, 01:52:50 AM »
I still don't understand if faulty hit detection is that way because it was that way in the original, or because it's a bug.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 11:56:45 PM »
Downloaded it and love it. Have beaten it three times now, working up to Extreme mode.

Pretty rare for a game these days, but the mixture of nostalgia and solid gameplay have me hooked... plus the remixed music makes me smile each time.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 12:11:05 AM »
I have a feeling though this game would really only appeal to people who remember the original or who have seen the show. Because if I hadn't been in love with the show I never would have played the original.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 11:20:25 AM »
I have a feeling though this game would really only appeal to people who remember the original or who have seen the show. Because if I hadn't been in love with the show I never would have played the original.

Concur with that. My overflowing love for the game is likely due to my nostalgia for both the show and the original game.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 02:42:03 PM »
I never played the original but I bought this new one based on everyone saying it was great. I haven't played it yet, though, so it remains to be seen whether my lack of nostalgia will affect my enjoyment.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2013, 04:59:42 PM »
This game isn't being too nice to me. Got 2 loading chokes after finishing a stage, but aside from that I'm enjoying my first experience with this game. Never played the NES version, and my nostalgia for the show is minimal because I barely remember watching this as a kid.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2013, 02:58:30 AM »
I would consider getting this on steam except i really wanted a portable version.

How does it display the map on steam?

Kinda wish steam would team up with google or amazon to create a tablet system. Really, that is what nintendo should have done with the Wii U.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast