Author Topic: Need for Speed Most Wanted U: It's deserves your purchase!  (Read 53778 times)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted U: It's deserves your purchase!
« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2013, 02:57:07 PM »
Just got 100% on single player, 40 hours. Anybody up for multiplayer, like a whole bunch?

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 03, 2013, 05:05:43 PM »
I'm back and forth with this game and Fifa but if most people are up for a community night I'm down as well.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 03, 2013, 06:20:09 PM »
100% ? dang. Some of these races are pretty hard.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2013, 08:20:20 PM »
I could have decided to only play the races once and be done with it, as that is the only attribute factoring into the game's completion rate, aside from breaking Billboards and whatnot. Instead I've gotten Gold on every race for every single car except for 8 Most Wanted cars, but I am in the process of getting all Gold for them too... and it's good that you play around a lot in the game, and do multiple races with a car so as to get the best stats. Want to farm for the Track Tires PRO? Go to the place with the big ring sculptures and just drift on them.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 04, 2013, 05:17:18 AM »
Want to farm for the Track Tires PRO? Go to the place with the big ring sculptures and just drift on them.

I should try that; doubt I can stay on them. My go-to place is the big fountain in the grand park with the arch. With getting Off Road Tires Pro, I drift in circles on the grass in the park. A construction site would be flatter and better for that. Getting Reinflatable Tires Pro is easier by going in to the lower-ranked Most Wanted races. Those usually have at least two spike strips in an event.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 04, 2013, 08:59:01 PM »
It's not that difficult, Enner. I was even doing it with the Veyron unlocked from the Most Wanted #1 (Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse) event.
I go to the railroad track for the Off Road Pro, or I go to one of the construction areas and just race around and make a few jumps here and there to add to the Lightweight (or is it Aero...) attribute.
I have never used the Reinflatable Tires. I just dodge the spike strips.

Which car did you guys mostly use for the Most Wanted events? I used the Lamborghini Gallardo. I really liked its handling. It's not my favorite, but it did the job.

Favorite car? Lancia Delta Integrale. It's my goto car, or at least the first car I get my hands on on pretty much every single racing game I've played... as long as it is playable in said games.

Worst car? The Mclaren F1 LM. Terrible. At least for me, I just hated its handling. It would go sightly off road and it would lose its traction fairly easily. All cars do, but this one takes the rotten cake.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2013, 06:42:06 PM »
Someone remind me again why we supported this franchise?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2013, 06:45:13 PM »
EA is just lazy. I realise Criterion and another developer (the name escapes me at the moment) are co-developing Rivals, but EA could absolutely get on with a team to scale the Frostbite 3 engine to Wii U. For crying out loud, it's bloody functional on the 360/PS3! >:/

EA - "We're butthurt."

That should be their motto.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2013, 10:53:35 PM »
EA is just lazy. I realise Criterion and another developer (the name escapes me at the moment)

It's a new studio known as Ghost Games (based in Gothenburg, Sweden), this is there first game apparently.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2013, 03:01:25 AM »
EA is just lazy. I realise Criterion and another developer (the name escapes me at the moment)

It's a new studio known as Ghost Games (based in Gothenburg, Sweden), this is there first game apparently.

Adding to that, it's made up of people formerly of DICE (Battlefield 3) and staff that worked on Need for Speed: SHIFT and SHIFT 2: Unleashed. The game is using the Frostbite 3 engine which is one reason why Need for Speed: Rivals isn't coming to Wii U. Ghost Games is getting some assistance from Criterion Games if the appearance of Criterion's logo in the first trailer of Rivals is any indication.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #160 on: May 24, 2013, 09:22:52 AM »

Adding to that, it's made up of people formerly of DICE (Battlefield 3) and staff that worked on Need for Speed: SHIFT and SHIFT 2: Unleashed. The game is using the Frostbite 3 engine which is one reason why Need for Speed: Rivals isn't coming to Wii U. Ghost Games is getting some assistance from Criterion Games if the appearance of Criterion's logo in the first trailer of Rivals is any indication.
That's not a reason why the game isn't coming to Wii U. Frostbite 3 can run on 360/PS3 in a scalable form - it can run on Wii U easily then. The reason is EA is butthurt, and therefore doesn't want to put in the effort in enable Frostbite 3 on Wii U to begin with.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 04, 2013, 08:41:12 PM »
guys, I had no idea i'd be addicted to this game as much as I have been the last few weeks. It was way too much for me the first time I played it but I picked up the gamepad recently and have been obsessed.

It was like a dream, I was only playing to kill time because I didn't have a disk loaded anyway, I happened to find a Dodge Charger within a few minutes and LOVED it. Not only was it the best one to handle, the very first car I could get used to drifting with, but it reminds me of the Dodge Avenger I recently bought; obviously sexier though. It was like I was in the game though and now I'm hooked.

I like trying to beat some of your times, you guys are good! Even when I'm most in the zone I can't seem to beat your scores. If anyone wants to play this together, I'm usually free m-f after 7pm EST! just message me thru nwr and it will go to my mobile email! haha i'm serious, this game is THAT good.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline smallsharkbigbite

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2013, 09:16:06 PM »
How many times have we gone through the EA is butthurt argument?  If Nintendo wasn't right now about 2 million sold under their projected 3/31 sales then EA wouldn't have trouble supporting them.  Almost all big publishers have scaled back Wii U support and said that Wii U won't get any exclusives until they start selling better.  EA even recently admitted they could make Frostbite 3 for Wii U, but won't until sales improve. 

I didn't see it in here but the game is now $29.99.  That's my buy price so I'll pick up a copy. 

I'm under no delusion that EA is going to suddenly increase support because I bought a copy of the game.  I just want to play it.  I dropped supporting games to bring in new games when it failed miserably during the GameCube era. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:17:48 PM by smallsharkbigbite »

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2013, 09:57:54 PM »
The price has apparently been dropped to $30 here, so I may go retail for this and forego the eShop.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2013, 04:09:24 AM »
I ordered a copy on Amazon.com when I saw it the other day for 29.99. Glad to see it's universal.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Sergqov

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Joomla extensions
« Reply #165 on: July 06, 2013, 05:16:37 AM »
I really don't want to give EA my money... I know that's counterproductive considering this is supposedly a great release, but EA have been such dicks.

Adrock I'm absolutely agree with you , it's not fair to give them our money .

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 06, 2013, 06:39:30 PM »
Will they got extra money from me but I don't care. I'm enjoying the game and recently, so had my gf. Had anyone tried the motion controls? I had no idea the game supported it but the bigger surprise was that they worked really really well!
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 28, 2013, 11:14:39 PM »
Hm.  I went to play this, after not playing it for so long... and it's created me a second profile.  All my speed points, billboard records, etc. are showing under a different name (UncleBob_128) which it's suggesting as a friend.

Anyone know how I can get back to my main profile?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 29, 2013, 09:05:08 AM »
Wish I could help but I don't know how to help. In glad someone bumped the thread though because I've been meaning to ask if anyone else has issues with connecting to the ea servers. Something like 90% of my time playing I can't fucking connect and it's been this way the last few months. At first I had trouble connecting to miiverse and every other online application for the system, so I thought it was something on my end but everything else works fine.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 28, 2013, 01:19:46 PM »
Tried this from the library. Very pretty and very fast. Might be a tad too difficult for me. LOTS of crashing going on. Tutorial is not great. I assume I just fart around stealing various cars and entering races? Every so often evade cops, smash billboards and gates. Crash a lot.
Anything else?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2013, 02:29:40 PM »
A big part of the game is in the menu system, competiting against other player's records.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 30, 2013, 03:36:30 PM »
I bought this game but I'm not really liking it. I haven't played a non-Mario Kart racing game in a while so I thought the novelty of playing a racing game again would overpower my dislike for realistic games, but the slippery control is just so awful it makes the game largely unfun. I have my doubts that this is how these cars control in real life, because if that were accurate, no one would buy them due to crashing them all the time.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #172 on: November 30, 2013, 05:11:38 PM »
Busted it out myself today - controls were a little squirrely (but not as bad as Mop said). However, the last Criterion game I played was whatever Burnout game was a 360 launch title (the one with traffic checking), so I'm finding it hard to find winnable races to get my character's stats up.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 30, 2013, 07:54:14 PM »
I bought this game but I'm not really liking it. I haven't played a non-Mario Kart racing game in a while so I thought the novelty of playing a racing game again would overpower my dislike for realistic games, but the slippery control is just so awful it makes the game largely unfun. I have my doubts that this is how these cars control in real life, because if that were accurate, no one would buy them due to crashing them all the time.

If you regret the purchase I would be willing to buy it off of you. Let me know. I've been itching to play a new tuner racing game and I have not played one since Underground 2.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 30, 2013, 11:51:48 PM »
If you regret the purchase I would be willing to buy it off of you. Let me know. I've been itching to play a new tuner racing game and I have not played one since Underground 2.

There is no car tuning or any sort of car customization in Criterion's Need for Speed: Most Wanted outside of picking a color.

Well, that's a lie. There is a little bit, but the attribute changes and the upgrades are the same across all cars. There are no drastic upgrades to a car's performance or major changes to its aesthetics.