Author Topic: Nintendo VIP - I'll give up  (Read 3696 times)

Offline Dratatoo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nintendo VIP - I'll give up
« on: May 04, 2003, 02:47:56 PM »
To be honest I have serious problems with the user interface of nintendovip.com. Everytime I try to create a vip account I am bumped back to the main page or the values I've entered are deleted if I press the send button. No error message so far. I really feel stupid, beeing the administrator of my own private Linux and Window network and not beeing able to figure out the reason of this strange behaviour (yes it occured on every machine, and of course on different browser). Yes I do know I should post this whole issue to the the 'responsible' person or the tech support, but it isn't worth the trouble IMHO
I rather post my pins on this board so that at least some of you are happy and get that Gameboy advance or a craptacular screensaver instead...

Black Gamecube + Metroid prime bundle (PAL) pin 6183PV2QTC  - Doesn't know if this pin still works. I've created a VIP account with it 1 months ago (after I purchased the system) but never got an response (e-mail) in order to activate the account . Without a doubt I've entered a valid e-mail adress in the field. But it is worth a try.
Star Fox Adventures (PAL) pin F9S7843FJG6RU
The Legend Of Zelda: The wind waker limited edition (PAL) pin EDFZ7V864XT89

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2003, 03:54:48 PM »
THANKS MAN!

I am not European, so I was never eligible for this stuff, although I have hassled NOE for quite some time, as I wanted the GameCube Windows skin.    I just used your GameCube console pin, so the rest are still available.  

EDIT:  If anyone wants some of the desktop backgrounds or skins I have acquired, please email me.  I am on a school computer right now, so I can't install the skin, but I will bring some floppys later on, and try them out on my computer at home.  I will host the ones that people want.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo VIP - I'll give up
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2003, 04:06:26 PM »
Cooooool. I want that Gamecube Theme!
If you can, send them to my email, amidalalover@hotmail.com
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2003, 04:16:49 PM »
check your email.    I would appreciate a screenshot by the way, to see if it's what I was hassling NOE for or not.  

Offline BGM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2003, 04:32:24 PM »
Hey, yeah, send it here as well.
BTehHippo@hotmail.com
Nintendo's products are a catalyst in the creativity of the human race.
Quid pro quo--you take my GameCube, I take your life.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2003, 05:10:58 PM »
send it to me if it works with XP. My email is nabil_faruque@hotmail.com

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2003, 08:09:58 PM »
Alright, screw it.  I thought this topic was going to be locked or something like that, so I was being cautious.  As it's still going though, I'll just post the link to where I have it hosted.

http://people.uleth.ca/~dave.brady/

You need both files to get it working I think.

There's also 3 screensavers, and a bunch of background images that came with it.  Would you like me to post those as well?

Offline Dratatoo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2003, 10:57:52 PM »
Puh, thankfully I din't get massive flame for this topic. Lurking around the forum and reading the various post became a daily habit of me. So I decided to participate and of course I want to stay a bit longer and talk about my current gaming system / games.

Good to know you're happy Grey Ninja. Although i don't need the cube skins I am just curious how it might look. A screenshot showing your desktop would be nice.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2003, 01:07:10 AM »
The theme is pretty coool.
i didnt' use it cause my sister uses this computer too, and she would put Harry Potter all over it in an instance, so we sorta keep the desktop theme neutral.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2003, 12:29:57 PM »
As it so happens, I have brought a screenshot of my desktop with me today.    The theme WILL work with all versions of Windows, so you don't need Windows XP to use it, although it helps.  On Windows NT/2000/XP though, you can specify multiple users so that each person can customize their own desktop.  Anakin, what version of Windows do you run?

And thanks again man.  You wouldn't believe how long I have been trying to get this.    Of course we would all appreciate it if you stuck around.  The more the merrier I say.  

Offline BGM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2003, 02:08:26 PM »
Awesome...
I wish I could see some of the other themes, like the Pikmin one in the Help file..
Nintendo's products are a catalyst in the creativity of the human race.
Quid pro quo--you take my GameCube, I take your life.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2003, 02:39:45 PM »
Yeah, that's actually the first I saw of the Pikmin theme.  It doesn't seem to be available from the stars catalog, so I am assuming that you get it from registering more hardware/software.

Given that I ain't European, the chances of getting it from me are slim to none.  If you do find it somewhere though, let me know and I will host it.

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2003, 02:43:14 PM »
DANG GREY, thats a nice desktop theme. *Swipes theme from site* OH MAN, this thing is awesome.  

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2003, 06:00:06 PM »
Dang, I buy so much nintendo crap, i wish they did this in the states.  I want more of these themes so I can change it for my mood.  

Thanks to all who hooked people like me up in this thread..

By the way, do you just get 'virtual' things for this registration thing in europe? or can you mail order real swag too?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Kulock

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2003, 06:50:40 PM »
Hm, nice looking theme, I wonder if they've done a "Platinum" version? (Shame I'm not in XP, though, so I wouldn't get the full effect.)

But, bleaugh, what a movie to be watching. ;D *points at the CD listed in your Explorer window*

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2003, 11:18:18 PM »
Hehe...  yeah, I was amused when I noticed it was still in the drive as well.  

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2003, 06:39:55 AM »
is anyone else having reboot issues with the theme?  every time i reboot, it doesn't put it all the way back up..it just changes some icons but doesn't put the skin on...hrmm
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2003, 12:40:08 PM »
Yeah, actually I am getting that too.  I just hit disable, then enable again.  I don't reboot my computer that much though, so it shouldn't be a big problem for me.

I had assumed it was because of my poor pitiful, dying hard drive, but I guess it's not.  

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2003, 01:19:16 PM »
Ok, i came up with a solution for the rebooting problem, plus the addition of some added options...mind you, its very bizarre...

You have to follow these seemingly random steps exactly or you will have issues...

1. Uninstall everything you have about the nintendo theme so your computer is back to square one.
2. Go to the windowblinds site and download the shareware version of 4.0.  (Only works in XP)
3. Install 4.0 from the windowblinds site.
4. Install the nintendo theme manager.  (This for some reason builds off of the windowblinds install cause all it is is a weird version of windowblinds)
5. Move the nintendo theme into the proper folder like before.
6. Fire it up like before.
7. Now, when you go to your display properties and click on the appearance tab you will have all the window blind options and the "Game Cube" theme will show up as the one highlighted.  This is where you can get to a whole lot more window blinds options.  Now I just hope this shareware doesn't have a time limit on it.
---------------------