Author Topic: Billy's New Job Revealed  (Read 1634 times)

Offline NewsBot

• News Posting Robot
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Billy's New Job Revealed
« on: May 20, 2003, 09:22:42 AM »
Although he is in the newest issue of the print mag, Billy's destiny remains online...

Game Informer Announces the Launch of Game Informer Online

MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 12, 2003--Game Informer, America's fastest growing consumer magazine, will be launching a new, companion venture, Game Informer Online during the summer of 2003.

With over 1 million paid magazine subscribers, Game Informer is constructing a site unlike any other, which will become a complimentary asset to the industry's leading publication. At the helm of Game Informer Online, Billy Berghammer serves as Managing Editor. What began as a hobby, four years ago Billy created the PlanetN2000 / Planet GameCube web site, which very quickly became the world's largest independent Nintendo fan site. Billy Berghammer said, "I have always rated Game Informer as one of the best magazines, so when this opportunity presented itself, I had to take it. In addition, I now have the chance to accomplish new and different things online and take my skills to the next level."

Game Informer Editor-In-Chief, Andy McNamara said, "Game Informer Online will augment and add a new dimension to the magazine. Because it will function as an extension of the magazine, our 1 million plus readers will receive additional blowout coverage online, which will include more screenshots, movies, demos, etc. As we continue to feature exclusive content from game publishers, we will now empower the effective combination of Game Informer Magazine, the largest video game publication, and Game Informer Online. Not only does Online add a new dimension to the magazine it equally benefits game publishers who chose Game Informer for their exclusive stories."

About Game Informer

Game Informer Magazine was founded in 1991 as The Final Word On Computer & Video Games. Today Game Informer has achieved more circulation growth more rapidly than any games magazine in history to become North America's largest paid circulation games publication, nearly 100% larger in total paid circulation than its closest competitor.

"Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto ..."

Offline VideoGamerJ

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Billy's New Job Revealed
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 09:36:47 AM »
competition? yeah right, i hate mags. PGC is my true love.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Billy's New Job Revealed
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 09:57:29 AM »
Did he know this when he took the job, or did they just drop that on him after the fact?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Billy's New Job Revealed
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 10:06:14 AM »
VideoGamerJ you should read before making cracks.  Billy's new job is launching Game Informer Online.

And yeah, he knew.  He didn't just blindly take any job Game Informer had.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers