Author Topic: Resident Evil 5 is the greatest thing ever.  (Read 103375 times)

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
Re: Resident Evil 5 is the greatest thing ever.
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2007, 06:10:00 PM »

Originally posted by: bustin98
I'm not holding my breathe for RE5 on Wii, but I would hazard a guess at another action title in the RE universe.

Resident Evil: Pinball, a Wii exclusive. Players can now experience RE1-3 AGAIN, except this time enhanced by the break neck excitement that only a survival horror themed pinball game could induce!

....hey, we were all thinking it.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2007, 07:55:21 PM »
God I hate Capcom.

They would definitely do something like that.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2007, 08:28:49 AM »
when the hell did chris start taking steroids? or is that how everyone is supposed to look in a 360 game...

i'd love for this game to come to wii because it does look like RE4 just prettier and i loved RE4 with wii controls. I never played the original GC version but i can only imagine how clumsy i'd be with analog stick aiming (something i never liked doing save for OoT and Goldeneye007).

with that said though.. i have to repeat this.. it looks like RE4 just prettier...

are they doing anything good gameply wise? what about story wise, is it going to be Las Plagas all over again or will they actually come up with some new reason why these guys are zombified? even a slightly new mechanic like not having every NPC a 'zombie' could set this apart from RE4. Imagine not being able to tell who is evil and who is innocent and being penalized (sp?) for killing innocents,  or having to rescue a few hostages. i wouldnt want it to became a "save all hostages or you fail" affair but it would be great if it would add a litle bit of stratagy to the game. do i save this hostage so i can get a particular item i need or some ammo? or do i let him die and have yet another enemy trying to rip me to peices when im already low on ammo and health?

How about some sort of team mechanic thats a mix of RE0 and RE4, where you can save a particular innocent and have him follow you the way Ashley does and you can give him your "follow me" and "wait' commands, but also have him attack or switch on the fly. You can leave chris somewhere safe and have your new teammate scout ahead with only a blunt melee weapon, then you can let him live or die depending on the situation. you can use him as a distraction; get the attention of the villagers and have them chase you away from an important door then when they're far enough switch back to chris and watch them tear apart the guy you just used as bait while you make it to the door safe. Or have him go in, sneak up to some lever or button you'd have to access and leave him ready to press/pull or whatever while you go in as chris and take out the threat?

some small tweak like that could seperate this title from not just RE4 but all its predecessors. That would make it a must have, if not.. all i'd be missing is an RE4 clone set in africa with prettier graphics.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2007, 08:33:09 AM »

Originally posted by: KashogiStogi

Originally posted by: Kairon
Too bad I will hate the control scheme since it won't use the wiimote aiming, and too bad the protagonist isn't African. For some inexplicable reason I'm getting this "White Man goes to Africa, saves the world" vibe that's similar to Tom Cruise in the last samurai... "White man goes to Japan, redeems samurai culture."

You know that's exactly what I thought, and it's a damn shame too. A black man would have fit in so much better. Anyway, what pisses me off is that I can imagine racist motherf#ckers like my past roommate yelling racial slurs as this white dude on-screen kills like a hundred Africans.

sadly i see that happening too. the first time i saw re4 at a friends house he did that with the Spanish villagers, yelling out obcenities and calling them Mexicans and using racials slurs for hispanics.. yet we were both hispanics so it was pretty stupid, but i can see where actually racist would have a feildday with this and would probably buy it just so they can do that... sigh
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2007, 09:02:31 AM »
OOOOHHHH

I like the idea of not telling who is evil and who is innocent. That could add confusion to the already intense atmosphere.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2007, 09:15:34 AM »
yeah when i saw the trailer i thought "with so many NPCs on screen, why must all of them be bad guys?" in RE4 its more believable that everyone can be evil because it sets up that its a small, isolated village in spain with little contact to the outside, more urban, world.

this new game is set in Africa in seems to be an overpopulated village (this is going by the poor setting they are portraying as well as the massive amount of people), so why cant some of that population NOT be affect by whatever is making the rest of these "zombies" what they are?

i dont know the story behind it or anything but i would hate for it to be another situation of 'look its an outside, get him!" Like i said  RE4 was slightly believable because the village was clearly isolated and Los Illuminados made it clear to its citizens that Leon was coming for Ashley. If they copy + paste that into RE5 i'll be highly dissappointed and wouldnt be all that hurt if i didnt get the chance to play it (i dont see myself buying a 360). if they had anything close to what i mentioned, it'll be harder to resist since it will be something NEW to the gameplay.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2007, 09:42:28 AM »

Originally posted by: EasyCure

Originally posted by: KashogiStogi

Originally posted by: Kairon
Too bad I will hate the control scheme since it won't use the wiimote aiming, and too bad the protagonist isn't African. For some inexplicable reason I'm getting this "White Man goes to Africa, saves the world" vibe that's similar to Tom Cruise in the last samurai... "White man goes to Japan, redeems samurai culture."

You know that's exactly what I thought, and it's a damn shame too. A black man would have fit in so much better. Anyway, what pisses me off is that I can imagine racist motherf#ckers like my past roommate yelling racial slurs as this white dude on-screen kills like a hundred Africans.

sadly i see that happening too. the first time i saw re4 at a friends house he did that with the Spanish villagers, yelling out obcenities and calling them Mexicans and using racials slurs for hispanics.. yet we were both hispanics so it was pretty stupid, but i can see where actually racist would have a feildday with this and would probably buy it just so they can do that... sigh

Yeah. I... I don't think this is intentional on the developer's part. They're just thinking that they need to plug their story characters into exotic settings. Unfortunately, they seem ignorant of the messages their games are sending when viewed in certain lights. I actually love the African setting, I was afraid it would be too "Constant Gardener" for me, but it grew on me, especially when you think that the whole "Zombie" mythos actually was born from Afircan superstitions.

And yeah, why is Chris so TOTALLY buff? Steroids indeed.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2007, 10:14:51 AM »

especially when you think that the whole "Zombie" mythos actually was born from Afircan superstitions.

wow i completely forgot about that. i remember watching some weird history channel special about it (history channel<3) I wonder if they'll include that into the story.

about throwing their characters into exotic settings, i agree it is unintentional that they have a white man going into Africa and killing what appears to be predominately black africans i'm not trying to be anti-PC by using the term "black" but there are white citizens in African countries so putting a color on a people is crucial for this argument about possible race issues, but after hearing about the Zack and Wiki controversy then watching this trailer.. i thought to myself "maybe capcom is intentionally trying to piss off the world one nation/race at a time"

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2007, 10:20:46 AM »
That Zack and Wiki controversy is just bull. God people have way too much time on their hands and are just way too sensitive about stuff.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2007, 10:32:56 AM »

Originally posted by: Mashiro
That Zack and Wiki controversy is just bull. God people have way too much time on their hands and are just way too sensitive about stuff.

agreed

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2007, 10:55:22 AM »
Yet it was a similar issue that caused Nintendo to change some symbols and sounds for Zelda: OoT, and for Disney to make a new song version for Aladdin's opening theme...

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2007, 11:08:03 AM »
thats why im glad i still have my gold cart for OoT.

to be honest i didnt even realize the change was made until i played OoT again on both the Zelda Collection and Master Quest discs for GC. (the look of the fire attack from Twinrova in the GC versions still bug me.. N64 versions looked much much better IMO)

what bugs me the most about the zack and wiki thing is that the person who wrote the email clearly stated that he was agnostic yet still bothered to point it out. that to me = too much time on your hands.

if someone is genuienly offended (which some people are) i could understand why they would want it to be changed and would likely agree with them, it just so happens to be that the person who brought it up claims to be agnostic and seems to bring it up just because.

thats all im going to say. im not about to start a religious debate, i've read those train wrecked threads before, they're not pretty.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2007, 11:54:50 AM »

Yet it was a similar issue that caused Nintendo to change some symbols and sounds for Zelda: OoT, and for Disney to make a new song version for Aladdin's opening theme...

Doesn't make it any less stupid. The people who get offended by these things need to lighten up.

Offline Sessha

• I, too, believe Pale to be the devil.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2007, 03:03:27 PM »
Oh I don't know Mashiro there's some censoring that I can agree with.  I know it's hard to symphathize when you it doesn't really pertain to your i.e. religion, culture etc.  For some people they are touchy subjects.  Ummm I think that Aladdin line was "We cut off your ear if we don't like your face"  I can see how that would offend some people.  Not to say we should censor everything but sometimes people have a valid point and should be listened to.    
Laugh and the world laughs with you.  Weep and you weep alone.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2007, 03:12:39 PM »

I know it's hard to symphathize when you it doesn't really pertain to your i.e. religion, culture etc.

Ah but how do you know it doesn't?

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2007, 03:37:51 PM »
When you censor something, you are saying 'My point of view is more important than yours'.

I do think advance warning of what is coming should be given. But then if some things aren't pointed out, people will never know its there. I'm clueless about the chanting and symbols in OOT. Aladin, I never paid enough attention. Even with the Rescuers and the woman in the window, or the pro-American frame in an episode of Simpsons.

Its one thing to show people something that they are unprepared for, and another entirely to remove the offending matter altogether. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2007, 03:44:55 PM »
That darn first amendment IS a tricky one...

Offline Sessha

• I, too, believe Pale to be the devil.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2007, 04:22:59 PM »

Originally posted by: Mashiro

I know it's hard to symphathize when it doesn't really pertain to your i.e. religion, culture etc.

Ah but how do you know it doesn't?

Ah Touche

Laugh and the world laughs with you.  Weep and you weep alone.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2007, 06:48:09 AM »
Looks like clear-cut RE4 gameplay with some new "cut-and-dodge" maneuvers (a la Leon's defense kick)...Which isn't necessarily a BAD thing, but it shouldn't be taking until 2010 to finish like Capcom is saying... =\  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2007, 06:52:16 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
Looks like clear-cut RE4 gameplay with some new "cut-and-dodge" maneuvers (a la Leon's defense kick)...Which isn't necessarily a BAD thing, but it shouldn't be taking until 2010 to finish like Capcom is saying... =\

They are just trying to make sure that it has the same level of impact on overall console sales that RE4 did when it hit the Cube late in its life cycle...
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Magik

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2007, 07:47:57 AM »
RE5 is a PR's worst nightmare.  White man killing legions of African people.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2007, 08:34:34 AM »
No one seemed to have any problems about a white man killings legions of Spanish people, why is this!?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2007, 10:46:02 AM »
because some people see the Spanish people (see: from Spain/Espana) as white europeons completely different from the Hispanics from central/south american countries (indiginous people conqured by the Spanish' ancestors), most of which are not white in color but fairly brown.

to those people leon was shooting white people, who spoke spanish.

theres a difference why am i deffending it when im hispanic? boredom...yep

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2007, 10:51:58 AM »
Thnaks for explaining it EasyCure. I was about to type the same thing, but deleted my post since the words never felt right coming out of my mouth.

Anyone else feel it's time we got some visible ethnic variety in the the S.T.A.R.S. team?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2007, 10:54:20 AM »
no because they would just kill off the black S.T.A.R.S. team member the first chance they could. picture the opening scene of the first game, he'd be the one to trip and get mauled by a dog.

they could have Jill in another game and you uncover things about her past and turns out she was born Jill Valentina and she's from a hispanic background but that would be just plain stupid since no one would really care.