Author Topic: Adaptoid and Skillz Cube Connector  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Gamefreak

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Adaptoid and Skillz Cube Connector
« on: May 18, 2003, 08:52:07 PM »
http://www.adaptoid.com/

This seems to be an awesome product from everything I've heard. Anyone here have one? If so, how is it?

Should I get an Adaptoid (N64 controller on PC, works perfectly) or Skillz Cube Connector (GCN controller on PC, works well)?
With the N64 controller it's perfect for emulated games, not that I have any, and of course fighting games. And even for PC games it's great, because of the enormous number of buttons. With the GCN i get analog triggers and two analog sticks...but it's not as good for emulation or fighting game and has less buttons.
Which should I get? Right now I'm leaning toward the Adaptoid. Price isn't an issue by the way.

And if I get the Adaptoid, which of the two retailers is more reliabe, Jandaman's or ZTNet Store? I live in the US, east coast.  

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Adaptoid and Skillz Cube Connector
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 09:13:02 PM »
hey cool, this might be a solution to what joystick to get

remember, dont transfer while bathing!

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2003, 09:20:29 PM »
I've researched a bit and it seems like the Skillz Cube Connecter has plenty of bugs and flaws. However every single review of the Adaptoid says that it is totally perfect. So I'm going to get that. And since it is being manufactured by ZTNet that's probably where I should get it from. 30 bucks is pretty expensive, so before I get it I'm going to do a check on the best PC gamepads...

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
Adaptoid and Skillz Cube Connector
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 08:54:47 AM »
Do not get the Skillz CC...i've had it for a month, and it still hasnt worked...damn this ......thing!
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2003, 11:41:04 PM »
Ok, so now i've got it down to either:

Adaptoid $30
Logitech's dual analog rumble pad $30
Thrustmaster's dual analog rumble pad $30
Saitek's dual analog rumble pad $30

I know how the N64 and Thrustmaster pads feel, but I need to go to CompUSA and see how the Logitech and Saitek's feels. I would rather have one of the PC dual analogs, BUT at the same time I need a good D-pad. I know none of them will have an N64 quality Dpad, but if they are good enough I will get that one.