Author Topic: "Next" On CNN  (Read 4037 times)

Offline Keepa

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
"Next" On CNN
« on: May 11, 2003, 07:03:09 AM »
For all my US people...hehe

Today, Sunday May 11, 2003 at 4:00 p.m. Central Standard Time the program Next on CNN will have a preview of E3. It won't be for the entire hour, just one segment. The show appears to be divided amongst three topics. So hopefully it'll last at least fifteen minutes or so.

Note: This is CNN not CNN Headline News.

Offline Keepa

• View Profile
"Next" On CNN
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2003, 01:45:49 PM »
I hope noone wasted thier time watching  the program! Man, the segment was total booty. It was the last 8-10 minutes of the show and it was garbage. They didn't have a clue what they were talking about. They first started talking about the stupid Mobile games for Cell Phones and PDA's, all the while showing clips of Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (while never even talking about R&C). Then they showed Madden 2004, Sims 2, and Mario Kart. The woman hosting was introing Mario Kart like it was an all new Super Mario type of game. She was trippin'. Then she went retro and showed a video clip of Mario Brothers 3 and the dude who was supposed to be knowledgable (I guess  ) Said, "I think that's Mario 64. It was so garbage. They didn't show or say anything that we didn't know. Of course, the host acted as if games were for kids. And when they were talking about mobile games for the cell and stuff, she was like, "these are games for adults." ha, yeah, Pac Man!

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
"Next" On CNN
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2003, 03:45:53 PM »
The Mario Kart footage was new. But apart from that the segment was pretty crummy.

Offline Joey

• View Profile
"Next" On CNN
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2003, 04:33:01 PM »
I thought it was bad too. I also noticed that Mario 64 mistake. The graphics may now be dated but not that much.

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
    • View Profile
"Next" On CNN
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2003, 06:38:09 PM »
Jeez they need to find people who know what they are talking about when they do segments like this. "Umm I think this is on the Nintendo 64, I'm not sure its been so long". Jeez, come on. Right before that segment, there was a small clip of FF:CC on a monitor behind the lady. Doesn't look like it till the end when there is a flash of the characters. I also got a copy of the whole interview with all the clips, though most important are the MK: DD ones. Nice new weapon there, chomp.

FF:CC

Interview

Edit: Here is a screen capture of the FF split second with characters which flashes right before the cnn logo screen:

FF: CC screen  
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
RE: "Next" On CNN
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2003, 10:15:58 PM »
well that was the scariest screen shot ive ever seen, her face scared the pants off me

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
"Next" On CNN
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2003, 10:42:43 PM »
shes saying pheeeeee...looks like shes farting.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline bryanee

• View Profile
"Next" On CNN
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2003, 06:21:50 AM »
as sumone sed above, how in the blue hell did that retard get mario 64 confused with mario bros 3 on the frickin snes, i swear these tv programmes shud get ppl who actually know stuff about games,,and mario kart the 2nd and third in the series, its the forth u stupid twonk,,if anybody ever see thats chap in real life give him a slap for me.

ps-  mario kart and ffcc look guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud
That lady is all kinds of naked!!!!!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2003, 10:23:52 AM »
mario 3 was on the nes which makes it even more insulting

mario 64, the revoultionary 3D game now in 2d!

Offline bryanee

• View Profile
"Next" On CNN
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2003, 10:44:43 AM »
well i mean nes lol
That lady is all kinds of naked!!!!!

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2003, 11:09:13 AM »
That was super mario world...

Offline Dolphin64X

• View Profile
"Next" On CNN
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2003, 11:47:36 AM »
Both, actually-probably a montage someone threw together for CNN.  And the guy they interviewed had some trouble with periods:

Madden: 2.5 million

"Madden sold 25 million copies!"

I mean, at least give this job to someone literate.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us," said one Xbox to the other.

"Heck, if Microsoft packaged that eight-minute playable level as a full game it would rank higher than just about any other Xbox game since the original Halo."
-IGNXBOX

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
"Next" On CNN
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2003, 03:12:40 PM »
na hes idiotic..he could at least had tried to improvise rather then reading lines if he had them...if their going to have people talking about the industry like their experts they might as well not have people make complete fools of themselves. If this man has freinds his age...he will never live this down.  
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post