Author Topic: Adventures in Hoboton.  (Read 9282 times)

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures in Hoboton.
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 11:21:05 AM »
I was initially disappointed that this thread wasn't about a Transformers version of Lord of the Rings (misread it as "Hobotron" at first), but EasyCure saved the day.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 11:29:34 AM »
Yonkers notable people:
# David Berkowitz, serial killer known as "Son of Sam"

whoops! forgot about him hehe.. but i'm sure Steven Tyler and John Voigt more than make up for him, look at the hot daughters they gave us!

oh and svevan you just reminded me of another hobo story.

One winter when i worked in manhattan (guess where) i'd often have to leave my car at home in Yonkers and just take the bus down into the Bronx where i could catch the subway into Manhattan, i did this if the road conditions where bad from snow and ice.

So one night i'm on my way back home, waiting in the bronx outside the last stop on the subway for the bus to come that i can take back into yonkers (short trip really) and as usual i have my headphones on listening to music. I'm tired and just minding my own business when, the same as before, i see what i thought to be someone talking to me from the corner of my eye. At first i ignored it cuz i didnt want to deal with anything, but then i noticed he was just staring at me. Eventually i see his lips move again as he's staring so i think he must be talking to me, so i pull a headphone down and say "i'm sorry, what?"

thats when things got scary.. The guy just started shouting at me. "why you lookin' at me fo'?"

what? i wasn't..

"you been starin' at me since you got here"

uhm.. i was here first, i've been waiting here for 20 minutes...

"nah you been starin at me since you got here"

no, i've been standing here waiting for the bus for almost a half hour now, freezing my ass off and from the corner of my eye i saw you looking in my direction and saw your lips moved so i thought you might of been talking to me. So if you weren't talking to me, i'm just going to go back to doing what i was doing for 10 mins before you showed up and listen to my music

"yea whatever, you know you be starin' at people. I know your type, you's ignorant, stupid n*gga"

(ignoring him)

"yo look at this ignorant n*gga starin at me cuz i'm black"

(trying to ignore the fact that everyones listening to him and starin at me)

"yo you a friend of black people son? thats why you stare?"

the bus comes, i get on and i take my usual seat towards the back door. I'm one of the first people to get on, so as i'm sitting there i glance towards the front of the bus and see this guy get on the bus and he just keeps starin at me. I stared right back at him until he passed me since he thought i was afriad and i wasn't going to let him think that. and that was it.. he sat further in the back and by the time i got to my stop i noticed he was asleep.

Now he probably wasn't a real hobo, but he sure was dressed hoboish. The fact that he didnt have anything on him (shopping bags during the holiday season or any other personal items) made me think he was a bum who just saved up enough change to ride the bus to get out of the cold.

I was initially disappointed that this thread wasn't about a Transformers version of Lord of the Rings (misread it as "Hobotron" at first), but EasyCure saved the day.

Its funny because i didnt know what to expect from the thread title. I thought Hoboton was the original posters town or a town he visited and i was gonna hear a story about said town (one that would of been boring no less). But thanks! glad i could help!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 11:31:43 AM by EasyCure »
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Maverick

• Internet newbie :-)
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008, 06:08:19 PM »
I thought Hoboton was the original posters town or a town he visited and i was gonna hear a story about said town (one that would of been boring no less)

:'(
Come play with my Twitter.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 06:35:08 PM »
I thought Hoboton was the original posters town or a town he visited and i was gonna hear a story about said town (one that would of been boring no less)

:'(

hey i could of just never looked in, so that shows i cared right? right???
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 06:49:26 PM »
You should know by now that I don't tell boring stories.  Do not cross me again.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 07:36:43 PM »
Anybody here ever play Superhero league of hoboken?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 09:24:07 PM »
Hobo-Kin?  The long lost families of hobos that abandoned them when they were needed most?

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2008, 09:29:00 PM »
GOREGASM!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 11:53:27 PM »
This might be one of the top five stories ever told on these forums.

Minnie the Moocher being #1 of course.

The Story of Minnie The Moocher

The quotes got fucked up after the new forum software, but you can still read it.  Marvel at wandering's drunken persistence.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2008, 01:09:03 AM »
I had a good story to tell, but I fucked it up in the confessions thread already so no  need to try and retell it the right way.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2008, 05:58:04 AM »
In my travels across this great U.S.A.  I have actually come in contact with several homeless types.

When I went with my brother to Star Wars Celebration III (his buddy asked me to come.  I only walked away with a picture of Admiral Ackbar signed "It's a trap!" by the person in the suit) there were several hobos milling around the convention streets in Indiana.  I do, unfortunately have a naive outlook on some of these people, and also a soft heart for their plight, mainly because I have no idea why they are homeless and judging them needy and unfortunate is just as good a guess as judging them deserving of their status.  So I'm a little free with my money and usually give more than a normal person would, like $3-$10.

So this one homeless black man was pretty beat up and had a styrofoam cup out.  I put $5 in and said "please by a sandwich with this or something."  He had a pretty wide smile and looked genuinely thankful.  Maybe he was acting and maybe I did just purchase that good feeling from him, but it felt good.

That's not to say I haven't had bad and weird run-ins with the homeless population.  One time in particular was when I was walking the streets of LA in search of a bus that I was unsuccessful in finding (first time, from the Georgia sticks) and this one homeless man looked right at me, and said "Heeeyyy~~~, a white guy!  GOOD JOB."

I never was sure what he meant by that.

I have others that I'll have to remember, but most took place in LA, and I think a lot of the staff here might remember some with me.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2008, 01:59:48 PM »
"Heeeyyy~~~, a white guy!  GOOD JOB."

Haha, I vote this for BnM's custom title.   :P

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2008, 02:18:53 PM »
Secondedededed-a-roony!

i have to remember more of my bum stories. i dont have as many as my brother, he's aaaaalways got homeless stories to tell, usualy it involved him getting into an argument with them or something. Like this one time he says he was drunk and wondered into an alley to pee (cuz the bouncer kicked him out of the club cuz he took his junk out and was about to pee in the corner...) and yeah, he did his business, then a homeless guy starts yelling at him "you're pissin on my box man!" for, in my brothers words, "no reason."