Author Topic: Nintendo Announces 2004 Line-Up  (Read 2753 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Nintendo Announces 2004 Line-Up
« on: April 02, 2004, 05:43:18 AM »
Release info on the GBA wireless adapter, GBA video, and upcoming games.

NINTENDO ANNOUNCES INNOVATIVE UPDATES FOR 2004

April 1, 2004 – At a New York City analyst briefing today, Nintendo provided an update on some of the new and exciting products on tap for 2004, including new accessories and content for the best-selling Game Boy® Advance and Nintendo GameCube™.

* The Game Boy® Advance Wireless Adapter, which allows players to compete head-to-head without the use of cords, will be packaged with the September release of PokĂ©mon® Fire Red and PokĂ©mon® Leaf Green. In Japan, more than 2 million copies of PokĂ©mon Fire Red and PokĂ©mon Leaf Green featuring the Game Boy Advance Wireless Adapter have been sold since their launch at the end of January. The June 28 release of Mario Golf™: Advance Tour for Game Boy Advance also will make use of the adapter, which will be sold separately.

* Game Boy® Advance Video, remarkable new video paks that allow two cartoon episodes to be played on the Game Boy Advance, will be available in June.

* Upcoming games for Nintendo GameCube include the release of WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Party Game$ on April 5; Custom Robo™ on May 10; The Legend of Zelda®: Four Swords Adventures™ on June 7; Pikmin™ 2 in August; Donkey Konga™ in September; and Paper Mario 2™, Geist, Metroid® Prime 2, Star Fox® 2, Mario Tennis™ and Mario Party® 6 in the fourth quarter. Nintendo also announced the upcoming release of the higher-capacity 1019 Memory Card for Nintendo GameCube.

* Game Boy Advance will see the release of the Classic NES® Series on June 7. Eight retro games from the 1980s make a comeback in a hand-held version at an MSRP of $19.99 each. More than 900,000 of these classic games sold in four weeks in Japan.

* Other upcoming Game Boy Advance titles include Mario vs. Donkey Kong™ on May 24; Hamtaro™ 4 in July; F-Zero® 2 in September; and Mario Pinball™, Donkey Kong® Country 2, Mario Tennis, a new Kirby™ game and a hand-held Mario Party® title in the fourth quarter.

Game titles and release dates are subject to change. For more information about Nintendo, please visit Nintendo.com.

Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo Announces 2004 Line-Up
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 06:30:09 AM »
Wait, does that mean Europe gets Falcon Densetsu before the US? Ladies and Gentlemen, hell has officially frozen over.

For those interested in the WLAN adapter: Nintendo deployed a network to connect to with these devices and enabling online play/downloads in Japan. While this hasn't been announced for the US yet, the possibility of a deployment in larger cities can't be entirely ruled out.

Any word on the EU release of Mario vs. Donkey Kong?

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 07:19:54 AM »
Why the hell do we have to wait so long for the new/old Pokemon.  ARGH.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline - NintendoFan -

• hay sup dudez i liek teh nintendo
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo Announces 2004 Line-Up
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 09:06:51 AM »

Upcoming games for Nintendo GameCube include the release of WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Party Game$ on April 5; Custom Robo™ on May 10; The Legend of Zelda®: Four Swords Adventures™ on June 7; Pikmin™ 2 in August; Donkey Konga™ in September; and Paper Mario 2™, Geist, Metroid® Prime 2, Star Fox® 2, Mario Tennis™ and Mario Party® 6 in the fourth quarter. Nintendo also announced the upcoming release of the higher-capacity 1019 Memory Card for Nintendo GameCube.

I find it hard to believe that those two games are going to be out in the fourth quarter.

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 09:32:13 AM »
I'm a bit disappointed that they're going to call it Leaf Green over here. It'd be more special if they dubbed it "Water Blue" or something, since we started out with "Red" and "Blue"...

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 12:06:01 PM »
Wow, things are looking pretty lame in the first party department for the whole year, not just the beginning. Pikmin 2, Paper Mario 2, Starfox 2, Metroid Prime 2, Mario Party 6, Donkey Kong Country 2, a bunch of NES games, the innovation never stops at Nintendo.

Oh well, i'm looking forward to Paper Mario 2, Pikmin 2, and looking forward to seeing what Metroid Prime 2 looks like so i can decide whether or not to look forward to that. I still hope Nintendo has some surprises though...

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 12:12:13 PM »
Well Mario obviously we don't know about the original stuff that's in the pipeline.  They're not going to reveal that stuff before E3.  Though I do think the release date is too crowded for anything else to be released in 2004.  We may in fact get shafted on original content.  Unless the DS comes out this year.

And I will say that the Mario Party franchise has to be killed off.  What's with the yearly updates?

Though I don't really care because Pikmin 2 is all I need.  Seriously they could release just that game and I'd be totally cool with it.  I need time to catch up on games I haven't beaten anyway.

Offline - NintendoFan -

• hay sup dudez i liek teh nintendo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2004, 12:22:53 PM »
Well, I have high hopes for a new Mario (Mario 128) to be shown at E3 this year, and even for it to be released in 2004.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2004, 03:06:13 PM »
I hope Mario Pinball is good and I can't wait for that "New Kirby". I sure hope they add a bunch of new powers. And whats with a GBA version of Mario Party?
And I remember the last time a bunch of good titles were set for release at around the same time...
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline MattCrafty

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2004, 03:18:40 PM »
What if the GBA Mario Party had one-cart mutiplayer? That would be AWESOME!
This post is certified virus-free.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2004, 03:21:44 PM »

And I will say that the Mario Party franchise has to be killed off. What's with the yearly updates?

I completely agree! I mean, 6 games over less than 2 generations? It wouldn't be so bad if each installment wasn't exactly the same as the one before it, only with different games. Nintendo should just release one ultimate Mario Party game that includes nearly every mini game from past titles, and then offer new ones via the eReader, or something.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2004, 11:02:23 PM »
*cough*they are pulling an EA*cough*

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2004, 11:14:28 PM »
Bah, seeing as Hudson continue to develop it, I demand a Bomberman style mini-game in Mario Party 6. >=O
And man, those NES GBA games are expensive. I'd get Super Mario Bros. no questions asked, but $20 US for the dodgy NES port of Pac-Man? Bleh.

But er, yeah. I'll continue to wait till E3 for the 'real' announcements.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2004, 03:06:58 AM »
Infernal Monkey: I'd get SMB DX for GBC instead, should run at the same price but has more features.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2004, 03:14:40 AM »

Originally posted by: mouse_clicker

And I will say that the Mario Party franchise has to be killed off. What's with the yearly updates?

I completely agree! I mean, 6 games over less than 2 generations? It wouldn't be so bad if each installment wasn't exactly the same as the one before it, only with different games. Nintendo should just release one ultimate Mario Party game that includes nearly every mini game from past titles, and then offer new ones via the eReader, or something.

I agree with both of you. Mario Party has become a member of the living dead. It's like some kind of horrible livey-deady thingy. WAY too many. It would probably be as popular as, say, the Smash Bros games if there were 1 per console as opposed to one per month. I can't believe it's selling well enough for them to want to make this many. I have a feeling this will be it's final run.

I AM interested however in a good 5 of those games, another 2 I may rent. This is about $250 sans rentals. Send donations to PO box 73947563985067.3 to support a good cause, me. Damn them. Why didn't they tell us WHEN their Ultimate Memory Card of Doom will be released?! I NEED it.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2004, 04:28:21 AM »
berny ~ stright from nintendojo.com:

Best of all, the units will only run consumers \$30.00 when it releases on June 8th. Majesco has their own offshoot releasing on April 5th for a slightly cheaper price.

Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Avinash_Tyagi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2004, 05:56:47 AM »

Wow, things are looking pretty lame in the first party department for the whole year, not just the beginning. Pikmin 2, Paper Mario 2, Starfox 2, Metroid Prime 2, Mario Party 6, Donkey Kong Country 2, a bunch of NES games, the innovation never stops at Nintendo.

Dude, this is nintendo's bread and butter characters, I don't see you complaining about Jak 3 or R&C 3, which sony is planning on releasing this year.

And E3 is next month, don't you think ninty will unveil some new stuff?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2004, 06:54:09 AM »
I wish E3 were tommorow....
Waiting is going to suck, big time. But when it comes....
Oh boy...
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.