Author Topic: Silocon Knights + Konomi = Nintendo's revival?  (Read 4597 times)

Offline Cru_Jones83

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Silocon Knights + Konomi = Nintendo's revival?
« on: March 14, 2004, 10:21:38 AM »
With the release of Twin Snakes, I would love to see SK and Konami collaborate again.  On what game you ask?

Well, since we already have one remake... why not another one?

The game I am talking about is the best game ever (of course this is just my opinion).  I would love to see Castlevania: Symphony of the Night remade for the Gamecube.  That game was Gorgeous (and still is) and it was the most amazing game I have ever played.  Again, this is just my opinion... but Denis, if you are out there lurking these boards it would be awesome if you guys worked together on a remake of this game.  If this game was remade I wouldn't be able to contain my joy.
F*CK THE FREEWORLD
~ B. Rabbit

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Silocon Knights + Konomi = Nintendo's revival?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 11:46:53 AM »
Denis already said that if they worked together again, it would be on something original.

On a related note, I feel like I just murdered something innocent and carefree in cold blood.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Cru_Jones83

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2004, 12:01:27 PM »
Ya, I have read that... then they should collaborate on a Castlevania in the same style as Symphony of the Night (2-D) funded by Nintendo.

That game was better than any of the 2-D metroids.
F*CK THE FREEWORLD
~ B. Rabbit

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Silocon Knights + Konomi = Nintendo's revival?
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 02:41:28 PM »
Original game, please. No more remakes of old games.
UNLESS they were new games in the series.

I don't think ANY small developers would like to have their creative talents go to waste in making remake after remake. Sequels......well.......that too.
As soon as ED was released and played, people scream we want ED2!
No, not yet. It's taking 6+years for Too HUman to come out. Do that first.

And Retro should be allowed to make Raven Blade (or similar) and their Car Combat game, rather than doing Metroid Prime 3 and 4 and 5 and 6 and 7 and........

Even Rare are stuck making sequels to their game series.
But then their original games don't look to interesting, since it's not the same Rare we know. GbtG....meh. Kameo.....meh.
If Banjo Threeie has the same kiddy funny attitude it's had in the first two games, rather than trying to be hip and cool like Jak 2 and Ratchet and Clank with guns and laser weapons (which I know MS will somehow make Rare do), then the true spirit of BK will be lost.

NIntendo are stuck too, but at least we know they branch out a lot to create new gameplay experiences in both software and hardware (DS anyone?)
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 03:52:29 PM »
I dont see another SK Konami combo till Gamecube 2.

Right now they still have Too Human, and quite possibly Eternal Darkness 2, and maybe even a Dark Zelda...  They will be pretty busy for the next 2-4 years...

Also, if they do make a new game... it would probably be an extension of a existing Konami franchis... I dont see Silicon Knights creating a franchise, so that Konami could own it.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2004, 04:00:20 PM »
I'd guess that SK has one more game left in them for GC before they focus on a next-gen project.  They do seem pretty confident that they'll be collaborating with Kojima again sometime though.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2004, 04:08:40 PM »
Hmm, not sure about remaking Castlevania: SOTN. It still looks beautiful on PSone and Saturn today, because super high quality 2D graphics are awesome-o-tastic.

How about a team up to remake Silent Hill? Or Zone of the Enders combined with Eternal Darkness.

"I CANNA SEE WHERE I'M GOING"
"OMG ROBOTS"
"WHERE?"
"IN THE DARKNESS"
*GAME OVER*

Offline CaseyRyback

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2004, 04:12:47 PM »
I would rather see a Zone of Enders game on the Gamecube. Everyone I talk to says one of the best reason to get a PS2 is the Second Runner.

I think it would be awesome to see that or someone do a Metal Gear 1 and 2 remake for the GBA with new cutscenes and better dialog

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2004, 04:40:19 PM »
... Or a re-envisioned 3D overhaul of Metal Gear 1, a la Twin Snakes, with optimized framerates.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Hybrid Hunter

• First title that's onrine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2004, 06:35:11 PM »
An original game!
A remake will only waste Silicon Knights talent.

Offline Cru_Jones83

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2004, 06:48:08 PM »
When you say original, I hope you mean a sequal to a Konami game.  If it was completely original, what would be the point of the collaboration?

I still think they should make a game in the same vein as Castlevania:SotN.  Anyone who has actually played this classic will know why it is arguably the best game ever created.  Nothing Konami has ever done has outshone this masterpiece.  The PS2 sequel doesn't even hold a candle to it.

SotN = Best Konami game ever, without a doubt.
F*CK THE FREEWORLD
~ B. Rabbit

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2004, 06:50:26 PM »
Termin8: You forgot a negation in the paragraph on BK. Or at least I hope so.

Just because SK made a remake doesn't mean their role should be reduced to being a company for sequel/remake outsourcing. They have many ideas, all of which go to waste if you turned them into some kind of "EA spinoff".
Also, the idea of a dark Zelda is pretty bad, on /. somebody said Zelda is dark enough as-is, anything beyond that would look forced (like "OMG si t3h mature!"). That person also argued that while ED had a good story and nice atmosphere, the gameplay sucked. I agree with that, Zelda is focussed on gameplay, not story or atmosphere, ED is almost like Final Fantasy in that respect.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2004, 07:49:21 PM »
the gameplay in ED didnt suck IMO.  It wasnt amazing but it was and still is way better than anything in any other survival horror type of game.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2004, 12:05:30 AM »
Good lord....I'm tried of hearing people wanting SK to do a "Dark Zelda".

Zelda is fine as it is.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2004, 04:59:18 AM »
If ED is better than other survival horror games in the gameplay department, I don't want to play those other games... ED was like a dumbed-down version of Diablo, without character development or diversified skills/enemies. You asically run from room to room, killing everything in sight with a really simplistic combat system with idiotic errors like "If there's a wall next to you you'll hit it and can't combo". Thanks, just what hack&slay needed.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2004, 06:45:05 AM »
I don't really see any need for Symphony of the Night to be remade.  MGS was made during the first generation of 3D consoles so it was held back somewhat by limitations.  Therefore it lends itself nicely to a remake since at the very least the graphics needed an overhaul.  Symphony of the Night is a 2D game made during the 3D age.  Therefore there weren't really any technical limitations.  There's nothing substancial that can be done with the 2D medium to improve the game.  Hell the sequels on the GBA argueably haven't topped it.

Plus like everyone else said it's a waste of SK to have them work on nothing but remakes.  Talented developers should define themselves with their own content instead of someone else's.  If Kojima wants to make more remakes than he can do it himself.  However an original collaboration with the two companies would be cool.

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2004, 01:25:23 PM »
I would buy a Castlevania by SK.  Of course Dennis has been hinting at other mature games lately like Zelda and Kid Iccarus.  As long as it isn't a remake of any game; I'll probably be happy with the decisions that SK makes.
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline Polyethylene

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2004, 02:01:56 PM »
TTS sold poor in Japan and it totally lacks of adverstatement in U.S.
I doud we will see something more from Konami.
Hail to the thief

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2004, 02:08:16 PM »

It's been out for 4 days in Japan, man- show me some place that actually has Japanese sales figures. As for no advertising, neither did Ninja Gaiden but you don't see anyone predicting it to have poor sales.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2004, 02:16:44 PM »

Originally posted by: AiAi
Good lord....I'm tried of hearing people wanting SK to do a "Dark Zelda".

Zelda is fine as it is.
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2004, 02:25:02 PM »

Originally posted by: mouse_clicker

It's been out for 4 days in Japan, man- show me some place that actually has Japanese sales figures. As for no advertising, neither did Ninja Gaiden but you don't see anyone predicting it to have poor sales.

Yeah, it did kinda bomb in Japan. It only sold 40k in it's opening week. It should do better in the US though.. I hope. Perhaps it's the Silicon Knights curse.

And yes, Zelda is fine as it is.  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2004, 02:28:16 PM »
So Zelda was fine the way it was back in the 80's, right? Nintendo released Adventures of Link anyway. It was fine the way it was then, too, right? Nintendo released A Link to the Past anyway. Zelda was fine the way it was then, wasn't it? Nintendo released Ocarina of Time anyway. Surely Zelda was fine the way it was then, no? Nintendo released Wind Waker anyway.

You guys have to face facts- Nintendo constantly reinvents the Zelda series. It's one of the main reasons it's my favorite videogame franchise of all time, because Nintendo is constantly offering new perspectives on it. There is no RIGHT style. I'd rather Nintendo experiment with a new style than have them make cel-shaded installments for the rest of the series's lifespan. I wish YOU guys would stop claiming to know what Miyamoto wants with the series, and what the correct style for it is. Just shut up already, we're tired of hearing it. If Nintendo sees the benefit in making a darker Zelda, great for them! Games don't have to be dark and mature to be good, but that doesn't mean a good game can't be dark and mature. Get over it.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2004, 02:45:50 PM »
What i meant was i'm fine with how Zelda is now, i never said i never want Zelda to change again.. geez. Of course Nintendo are going to reinvent Zelda again, at one point, that's pretty damn obvious. Would you rather i said Zelda is not fine as it is? Because if i said that it would be a lie, because i love Wind Waker.

lol

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2004, 03:41:26 PM »
I'm just tired of people getting all up in arms when anyone suggests Zelda being a little less cutesy. It's more annoying than the people that won't play WW because it's too cartoony.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2004, 04:17:40 PM »
So "OMFG ZELDA MROE LIK I am a tremendous clownboat.!(or C3lda, but the first one is better ^_^)" isn't annoying?  Strange...

And no-one said that Zelda should look exactly the same each time, but that the crowd it's been shooting towards shouldn't change...Tsk tsk for not reading carefully enough... ^_^  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~