Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker General Help  (Read 123802 times)

Offline Lumas Etima

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker General Help
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2003, 03:25:14 AM »
You should stay on the track you're on.  You're thinking correctly, but there must be some rooms in the temple you haven't seen yet...

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2003, 09:09:13 AM »

Originally posted by: RahXephon
OK my turn.  
**SPOILERS**
I am in the Earth temple and infront of a statue with two glowy eyes.  If i point the harp at one it turns yellow, but i cany get the other eye with the light.  It seems like i need a mirror shield or something, but i dont know.  So ummm, what should i do.

Sounds like you know what to do, you just haven't gotten the item yet.  If you haven't noticed, you can use the light to clear the mist on the floor too.

By the way, is it just me or is it totally baffling that they named this the Earth Temple?  I referred to it as the Shadow Temple when I was playing the Japanese version, and that's how I'll always think of it.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2003, 03:30:34 PM »
The Forest Temple in OOT is based more around ghosts than about the forest.
AC Info:
Town: PsiWater
Name: Chris(space before the C)

Offline XP

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2003, 11:02:31 AM »
I'll help you on what yo need to do next. All you have to to is fill the bottle with water and pour it on the bomb flowers. Pick one of them up and throw it to the bolder, swim across, and pick up near by bomb flowers. Throw them to the jars that the statues are holding. Cross the lava pit and enter the Dragon Roost Cavern. This information will help you. See ya, real soon.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2003, 11:12:50 AM »
Who in the world are you talking to XP?
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline AquaVDevin

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2003, 12:58:13 PM »
When you are working as the pictograph guy's assistant and he asks you to get a picture of the coward in town/ where do you find the coward person.
The classics are the games of tomorrow!

Offline Rellik

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2003, 02:57:12 PM »
About these questions all you people are asking...

Maybe I'm just a genious, but I really think most of these (for example, the ones with the lighting-up the eyes and the watering the bombs) you could solve yourself, leading to much better entertainment.  Both of those stumped me, too, but that led to me trying more different things and thinking more creatively, rather than asking for help.  I recommend asking for help when a problem really starts to hinder you, and you would have more fun if you just get past it because you have already wasted large amounts of playing time; or if you feel that you are missing out on some aspect of the game that you should be enjoying.  But if you can't solve a puzzle... that's the idea.  Puzzle are meant not to be solved easily, and some of these are just too easy to really give your average person any trouble.  I don't mean to seem like I'm trying to force you not to ask for help, or like I am assuming way too much and this is not at all the case, as it may well not be, but still, I think you should be trying a little harder.

But a good example of some questions that, IMO, are worth asking because they will just get in the way of the rest of the game, are the pictographic quests.  It took me a while until I found the guy who said "I wonder if the Rito postman has come yet" and then it clicked.  I was looking at night for someone who was actually WRITING before.  Eventually I got the picture, but then I decided to check some FAQs, and I'm glad I did, because some things aren't worth spending that much time on.  The coward guy is in the coffee-shop... just throw a pot near him or roll into the table and take a picture of him as he's looking around.

Offline Kimchi

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2003, 08:03:58 PM »
Hmm.. I have a question about the Nintendo Gallery.  I want to try to collect all the figurines, since I'm such a Zelda freak.  My question is this:  Is there a way that you can screw up and absolutely have to start a new game in order to complete the gallery?  I'm near the end of the game (not second quest) and only recently went into the Nintendo Gallery, and have only about 4 figurines so far.
AC name: Kimchi
AC town: Kakariko

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2003, 04:39:29 AM »
I think you'll need to start the second quest in order to finish the gallery, but the second quest carries over all your statues and gives you the DX pictograph right off the bat.
AC Info:

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2003, 07:48:18 AM »
Just want to remind everyone of one of the new guidelines here:

So members can ask questions without having to worry so much about spoilers, please use the quote button when replying to someone's question. This way they can ask a question without reading the previous posts and then look for their name in the replies.

I just had one of the pictographs spoiled because of someone not doing this.  We want to try and reduce the number of spoilers, and this is the best way I can see to do so.  You read the question, realize you don't want to see the answer and move on.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Uncle Ubb

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2003, 11:08:36 AM »

I am curious about where to pick up a money bag that can hold more than 200 rupees.  I got a letter that will cost me 201 so I can't get it yet.  Not to mention that I don't want to pick up the treasure in the ocean when I know I can't hold any more money.

Any help please?

Thanks!

Uncle Ubb  

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2003, 11:38:59 AM »
Ok this is more of a question than a request for help, but if you go talk to the Deku Tree and ask him about the Island Koroks, he says he marks them on your Sea Chart.  Maybe my game is defective or something, but I see no markings whatsoever.  

Has anyone else tried this and can confirm that he does/does not add anything?  I've tried re-asking him and all he says is "I've already put them on your chart."

Thanks.

-Strell
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Rellik

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2003, 03:43:44 PM »

Originally posted by: Uncle Ubb

I am curious about where to pick up a money bag that can hold more than 200 rupees.  I got a letter that will cost me 201 so I can't get it yet.  Not to mention that I don't want to pick up the treasure in the ocean when I know I can't hold any more money.

Any help please?

Thanks!

Uncle Ubb

Go directly north of Tingle's Island... the Great Fairy that'll give you a bigger wallet is there.  There's another one back that you may have noticed WAY at the beginning of the game on Outset, when you're going to get Tetra.  Bomb (if you have them) the big rock.

Originally posted by Strell the Unobservant

Ok this is more of a question than a request for help, but if you go talk to the Deku Tree and ask him about the Island Koroks, he says he marks them on your Sea Chart. Maybe my game is defective or something, but I see no markings whatsoever.

Has anyone else tried this and can confirm that he does/does not add anything? I've tried re-asking him and all he says is "I've already put them on your chart."

Thanks.

-Strell

how close were you looking?  See those little leaf marks on some of the squares of the map?  They will be faded unless you currently have forest-water with you, but they mark where the Koroks are.

Offline Strell

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2003, 04:35:10 PM »
I didn't know you needed the water in order for them to show up.  When he tells me that they'll be on the chart, they should be on the chart.  No need to be jackass about it.

$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Offline Rellik

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2003, 01:24:58 AM »
...?  Don't take that seriously by the way, they're there...

"No need to be jackass about it"

??
I was just saying you probably could have been looking closer, it's not like it's a personal attack.  Look at the map... even without the forest water, it's solidly marked.

Offline TAYREL713

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2003, 03:49:45 AM »
Kind of early in it but here is my conundrum. IS it possible to go back and finish side quest. Let me lay it out there. When I first got to the one island where you get tingle and the picto box i did not get the picto box. I went to Dragon Roost did everything but get whatever tingle offers on that board, then I read about the camera being inthe cell where tingle was at (im trying very hard to avoid guides unless I am hopelessy stuck). So I dip back over to Windfall, is that the name of that island? Anyway, I missed a ton of junk here auctions, yapping with the camera shop owner, making the windmill turn, playing mine sweeper with squid. So I get my assignment from the camera guy and what I want to know (in this awfully long winded question) can I complete said job or has the opportunity passed? Oh, how long do day and night last in the Windwaker? And any other help you can give.  
"I put my foot so deep in your ass the water in my knee will quench your thirst." (Ras Kass 'Miami Life')

Offline Strell

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2003, 03:54:35 AM »

Originally posted by: Rellik
...?  Don't take that seriously by the way, they're there...

"No need to be jackass about it"

??
I was just saying you probably could have been looking closer, it's not like it's a personal attack.  Look at the map... even without the forest water, it's solidly marked.

I swear I don't see anything.  Hell, I will take digital pictures of the screen and you can show me.  I could be blind.  I mean what, I figure I'm looking for green specs?

Maybe they show up after you get forest water and then stay there permanently....

I'll look into it.

$10 Bet with Khushrenada

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2003, 04:33:57 AM »
TAYREL713, you can complete it. You can complete all the sidequests no matter what time.

Strell, I saw the leaf marks on my map, they're very faint.
AC Info:

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2003, 05:12:23 PM »
RELIC,

I just missed a door i didn't see and then i was fine, i knew what i needed, just couldnt find it anywhere, i am only home to play the game from 2am-5am, then off to school and work with 1 hour sleep, so i don't wanna spen to much time in one spot.  There ya go.  
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline Rellik

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2003, 03:51:13 AM »
That's fine!  What exactly is your provocation?

Offline baberg

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2003, 06:11:36 PM »
*SPOILERS*

Ok, so I'm trying to get Makar to join up with me.  I have the appropriate song from the Wind Temple.  I head to the Deku tree area and see the musical notes coming out of the waterfall.  But when I try to swing into the waterfall (as multiple FAQs have told me to do) I just hit the wall.  It seems like I can't go far enough down - I keep hitting the top part of the waterfall when it's the bottom part that I want to swing into.  Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:Nevermind, it was a matter of timing.  For anybody else who has this problem, just release at the very bottom of a full swing, and you'll fall right through.
Name: Barry
Town: Hyrule

Offline theatomicclam

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2003, 07:05:02 PM »
This question is about after all the temples, so be spoiler-wary.

I'm looking for the 4th triforce map. I'm assuming its on the ghostship, but how do you get on it? I've been usiing the sunsong to get to the correct night, but do I have to wait untill it becomes dusk on its own, or is there some other secret. Thanks for the help.

Jacob
No matter how cynical you are, you can't keep up.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2003, 03:47:33 AM »
Can anyone tell me how I get that Sword Spin attack, Im already in the 5th temple (Wind Temple) and still cant do that move, what do I have to do?
LZ 2005

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2003, 03:55:58 AM »
Ok I think I know how to, you need 10 Knight Crest right?
Only problem is, where do I get them, they are so seldom in the game, I have 9, need only 1 more but dont know where to search.
LZ 2005

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2003, 06:59:36 AM »
Yeah, I'm trying to get down into the temple that's north of Hyrule Castle and I can't figure out how to get past the windy thing. Any help? Or do I have to go to the southern one first?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown