Author Topic: Super Zombi U, I'm freely warming up to it  (Read 86541 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Zombi U, I'm warming up to it
« Reply #200 on: December 18, 2012, 02:46:01 PM »
SWEAR TO ME

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 18, 2012, 07:17:32 PM »
Wait, you're complaining that it's dark? are you joking? That's a ridiculous thing to say.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 18, 2012, 08:16:29 PM »
Admitting that I turned the brightness up so the game was easier for me to play is not the same thing as complaining that it is too dark, at least not in the manner you are suggesting. It's not the game's fault that I'm not good at video games. I merely made adjustments so I could have fun playing the game. Just because the brightness is meant to be turned down doesn't mean the game can't also have better textures.

You are all entitled to think that turning up the brightness is silly and perhaps it is. However, I was able to actually play and enjoy the game by increasing the brightness despite the presence of some muddy textures (which was only brought up to highlight something that could be improved in a sequel) and I think that's the more important point here. It is well documented on NWR that I am notoriously terrible at 1st person games and have trouble playing most of them because they often move so fast that they give me headaches. ZombiU is slower paced which worked well for someone like me. That said, losing some precious ambiance in exchange of increased playability is not only fair compromise to me, but totally worth it. I'd rather have fun with a game any way I can than not have fun with it at all.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 18, 2012, 09:21:59 PM »
How are you at the newer Resident Evil games?

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 26, 2012, 02:10:35 PM »
So...Zombi U was a christmas gift I got this year, and I've logged an hour on it.

I have to generally agree the darkness is almost a part of the game's dynamics, given the limited amount you're able to use the flashlight prior to it running out of juice.  How difficult it is to see definitely has swayed the way I've been playing the game, having to move through the different rooms very tentatively and slowly as to not make notice of myself.

That being said, I think it's a bit ridiculous to rag on someone who brought up the brightness so they could enjoy the game.

Offline coffeewithgames

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
    • Coffee with Games
« Reply #205 on: January 02, 2013, 03:49:38 AM »
Beat the game and somehow survived the difficult ending! While the plot is fairly ho-hum, I'm impressed with the gameplay and difficulty.

For those who have beaten the game, which ending did you get? I got the good one.

I honestly have no idea which ending I got (does it tell you?), but I am going to attempt to beat the game again and hope I can tell a difference at the end.

I did really enjoy it though, and I think it's a real shame that there are so many "reviewers" of the game that apparently didn't even finish it...and instead of answering simple questions about it, they ignore/block you and won't answer a question like, "Did you finish the game?"
Drinking coffee, playing games!
http://coffeewithgames.com/

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #206 on: January 02, 2013, 07:24:10 AM »
I started off not especially liking Zombi U, but now that I've put a bit more time into it, I've really come to enjoy it a lot.

Though, a weird janky thing happened at the part with the helicopter, the cutscene wouldn't trigger when I stood in the pickup zone and nothing really worked or happened until I left the area and came back. I thought I missed something in the Japanese, but apparently not?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 02, 2013, 04:06:46 PM »
That custscene didn't trigger until I died in that area, so maybe that is how it works.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #208 on: January 02, 2013, 11:13:32 PM »
I didn't have to die, but after the cutscene where the helicopter crashes, the helicopter was still hanging around during gameplay. Or maybe it was another one? @_@

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 03, 2013, 01:31:31 AM »
That's the one. I had a couple issues with no audio during other cut scenes.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 18, 2013, 11:15:01 AM »
I really got sloppy toward the end of the game. GAH!

I died in the watery area because I didn't know where the explosive zombie was and I didn't want to shoot any of them , I forgot how I died again so I lost all my stuff. And finally at the post credit area I rushed too much and didn't kill enough zombies and died maybe 1/3 up the heliport. I feel like I failed at the game. i was doing so well too

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 18, 2013, 11:48:34 AM »
You didn't need to kill any of them. I got through the end of the game just by running away from everyone.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 19, 2013, 02:35:04 AM »
I'm getting slaughtered and I just started! First that damn alarm goes off on the door then the freaking electric Zombie and his buddies eat me as I try to run.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 17, 2013, 01:41:42 PM »
This stupid arena has me stuck for the past couple of weeks. I've watched the play throughs, but their zombies seem to move slower than mine.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 17, 2013, 03:13:00 PM »
Played the demo. Meh.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 17, 2013, 03:28:52 PM »
Your face is meh! Who wouldn't like this game?

I finally beat the arena by the way.  It took me around 30 tries.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 18, 2013, 01:57:25 PM »
Finally beat the game! got the prepper ending somehow :(

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 19, 2013, 07:38:19 AM »
Got the Wii U Zombie U bundle yesterday and proceeded to play this game. After two hours, and 3 survivors left, I'm kinda stuck in a part where the zombies invade my safe zone area. Im supposed to be safe in here! This is the first instance in my mind, where this happens in a game!

Overall, the game is too scary for me :) I had to play in 30 minute intervals, then watch 10-15 minutes of tv, then back to the game.

Also, it took forever to play, Wii U kept updating stuff, Nintendo Land download and install took at least 4 hours. Is this normal?

Great game so far, can't wait to learn WHY this zombie plague is happening.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 19, 2013, 10:23:30 AM »
Collect the documents to learn the story behind the plague. Where you're stuck, fight the zombies outside the safe room, I made a stand just outside the door the rest of the terminal. get good at head shots, wack the individual zombies.

The downloads can be a pain, it was probably updating the system with the first huge update while it was updating NintendoLand.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 10:26:46 AM by ShyGuy »

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2013, 06:40:20 PM »
Who else wants a prequel with the Prepper? Some of the optional background info on him was interesting. Like the letter that can be found near the sewer entrance in the Safe House.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 20, 2013, 12:19:28 PM »
Got the Wii U Zombie U bundle yesterday and proceeded to play this game. After two hours, and 3 survivors left, I'm kinda stuck in a part where the zombies invade my safe zone area. Im supposed to be safe in here! This is the first instance in my mind, where this happens in a game!

Overall, the game is too scary for me :) I had to play in 30 minute intervals, then watch 10-15 minutes of tv, then back to the game.

Also, it took forever to play, Wii U kept updating stuff, Nintendo Land download and install took at least 4 hours. Is this normal?

Great game so far, can't wait to learn WHY this zombie plague is happening.

Join the club!   I posted exactly what you've said, earlier in this thread.

I think everyone loses at least 1 survivor at that part of the game.

I haven't been able to spend too much time playing the game (or my Wii U, for that matter), which is unfortunate, but I'm now heading to the Tower of London, going through the sewers armed with some fresh C4, and I was really surprised to see what is basically a very short cutscene, completely out of my character's POV.   Very jarring, and not the kind of storytelling that I was expecting.   It's not a bad cutscene, but I'm not crazy about it in the context of the way ZombiU has told its story up till now.   I really hope there aren't more of these in the game.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 20, 2013, 04:02:48 PM »
which cutscene was that?

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 05, 2013, 10:45:54 AM »
The very first cutscene in the game is out of the character's POV too, because you don't have one. The entire structure of the "story" is based around multiple survivors with an overarching view. You're not important, you have to survive first.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 06, 2013, 04:22:29 PM »
This game so far is more annoying than fun.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 13, 2013, 11:02:07 AM »
Ok, got back to this game and guys, it still scares the crap out of me. The last couple of months I've added people with the game to my friends list and I've seen the infected survivors. This game is clever and I'm really into it.

This game so far is more annoying than fun.

Oh come on Perm. I've been having a blast so far! Lost so many survivors, poor souls :P
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading: