Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children  (Read 2476 times)

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
« on: September 19, 2005, 01:55:31 PM »
Has anyone seen this movie yet? I know this is a Nintendo site and many here (including myself) never played/finished FF7 and with the NRC being revealed this might have gone under the radar. BEHOLD THE SATIN HOT LOVE THAT IS FINAL FANTASY VII :ADVENT CHILDREN.  This movie has some of the best action scenes ever. (No spoilers) but there's some stuff in here that will make you say "wow".  It would help if you had a summary of the game if you hadn't played before but it's not necessary. The music is beautiful and of course it looks great. The story is classic rpg/anime, nothing ground breaking of oscar worthy (although it's a sequel to a game I never finished therefore I have less attachment to the characters).  All in all, I find it to be a worthy addition to any DVD collection. Good stuff indeed.

P.S. YARR!
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
RE: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 02:22:10 PM »
From what I hear, it's best to watch this movie purley for its graphical flourish, which may or may not be enough to make up for the horrendous story.  Plus, while I find the graphics amazing, the whole style is really off-putting.

If I ever watch it, I'd probably get somebody to tell which parts to go to for the best scenes
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 04:15:40 PM »
Yeah, I liked the action. I mean I finished FF7 but this is a pure popcorn movie.

At least the story here wasn't as confusing as the game's.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 08:24:58 AM »
Sadly, I only got about halfway through FFVII before I quit in disgust.  I'll probably never see this move because I won't know what's going on.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 01:19:28 AM »
I wanna see it
im waiting for the aone fansub, stuff a 4gig file

Offline Mr. Segali

• PAY YOUR RENT!
    • View Profile
RE:Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 11:55:19 AM »
I thought it was fan-flippin-tastic. Definitely one of my new favorite movies. I know alot of people complain about it lacking in the story department, but in all fairness, the movie is only an hour and fourty minutes long... it doesn't span 3 discs...

For what it was I thought it was excellent.
Imported Super Princess Peach

Offline Toad64II

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 08:59:46 AM »
I thought it was great!  Yeah, the story was pretty basic, but really it was just fun to see the whole cast back, all these characters you'd adventured with for so many hours.  It was like a little reunion!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 03:26:16 PM »
I thought it was a great movie, but the first half really sucked...And I mean REALLY...Thankfully the second half more than made up for it...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005, 02:52:16 AM »
Pretty rubbish. The music was forgetable. The story was thinner than garnish. Action sequences that try way too hard. Cloud looks like Zhuo from Die Another Day.

Although I do like the two bodyguards as they do make a comical pair.

Conculsion : I want the 100 minutes I spent watching this movie back.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?