Author Topic: Super Princess Peach  (Read 34949 times)

Offline Mr. Segali

• PAY YOUR RENT!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Super Princess Peach
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2005, 11:34:11 AM »
I dunno, maybe it's just the voice.... but everything seems to confuse her. She seems to put off a very confused "oh um uh where am I?" vibe...

"Oh, did I win?"

Now in SMRPG and the Paper Mario games it's totally different story. She's not helpless and scatter-brained at all; but don't get me wrong, I love Princess Toadstool in every shape and form.  
Imported Super Princess Peach

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Super Princess Peach
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2005, 12:37:18 PM »
My friend Robbie will adore this game.  He's obsessed about Princess Peach.
As for the emotions, that's an awesome idea.  I wonder if there are only those four, or if they'll have more than that.  I'm willing to bet just those four, since they're pretty broad, but who knows?  Either way, this emotion idea provides lots of possibilities.
Princess Peach does seem rather confused and uncertain sometimes, but on the whole she seems to know what's going on.  I mean, she runs an entire kingdom for one thing.  She strikes me as being very innocent, and that can come across as ditzy.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2005, 12:46:28 PM »
I find the mood swings a bit creepy, you have to make her cry! thats kind of sadistic.  
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2005, 01:46:42 PM »
If she wasn't the player charachter I guess it would be kind of sadistic....but since you are peach while playing, it's more like you're making yourself cry.

At least, that's how I see it.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2005, 07:30:36 AM »
"I wish NEW Super Mario Bros. would have gotten sprites as well"

Me too.  It just doesn't look right with polygons.  It seems too market driven like they're compromising the style of the game to encourage sales.  Super Princess Peach looks great though.  If those two titles get good reviews I'm going to have to buy a DS.

I love the mood swings idea.  Only a Japanese developer would have the balls to do something so politically incorrect.  It's a cool idea for a gameplay element.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2005, 09:43:33 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane

Me too.  It just doesn't look right with polygons.  It seems too market driven like they're compromising the style of the game to encourage sales.  

Of all the people to say that...

You're the one that rips into them every time they do something "their way" instead of pandering to the market...

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2005, 10:07:53 AM »
Okay, people going off on Ian is getting as old as Ian going off on Nintendo.  People seriously need to quit, thanks.
I like the use of polygons in the new Super Mario Brothers game.  Why?  Diversity of style.  Games like Mario and Luigi 2 and Super Princess Peach have a great sprite art style, so I'm willing to see how the polygons on a 2D lay-out work as well.  If I didn't have other games with that distinctive 2D sprite style I'd be less lenient, but I like that there's more than one thing out there.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2005, 01:43:15 PM »
Am I the only one who would like to see a SMB platformer with the same sense of humour as Mario and Luigi? I think the new SMB should be full of references, laughs, riffs and jabs at the original games. I don't mind polygons, but I'd like the game to have a really fun atmosphere. Afterall it's been what? Fifteen years since the last SMB game? Will be by release anyway. That's a LONG time! It should be a nostalgia trip for the new generation. Mind you, the game could very much be like that. I just love Mario & Luigi because they're conscious that they're Mario games, and aware of the Mario history. Who didn't love the '?' block museum in the original M&L?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2005, 03:02:35 PM »
"I think the new SMB should be full of references, laughs, riffs and jabs at the original games. I don't mind polygons, but I'd like the game to have a really fun atmosphere."

Well that would require the game to have an actual, indepth story and cutscenes, so I'd rather it not... Plus, M&L has plenty of platforming, and the sequel is coming out this year...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2005, 04:30:58 PM »
Not like that, but like Mario stuff.

How cool would it be to have a Toad eat a poison mushroom and then become a level-boss? One example is that goombas can get the mushrooms and grow. I love that idea! That's fantastic. And things like a retro level with the old graphics (remember Mario RPG had a section where you were 8-bit!). Most Nintendo fans are pretty hardcore, so we'd catch obscure references. I'd love to see like a world with Goombas (or some other enemy) pulling turnips out of the ground and throwing them! Stuff like that, not a big story

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2005, 04:35:17 PM »
Oh, well that's ok then...But I'm not going to really worry about Ninty filling the game with nostalgia...

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2005, 01:01:59 PM »
I saw some new shots of the opening story with the Bros. getting captured, etc. and it seems a little too contrived to me.  Yeah, I know, Mario games shouldn't be about story (minus the RPGs) but I just can't imagine a cheesier way to open the game.

The gameplay of course, is where it's really at, and this is looking awesome!  I'll probably need to see a review before I buy this, but I will snap it up as soon as I get the merest hint that it's good.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2006, 09:44:03 AM »
Has anyone caught the new commercial for this? Lots of little girls dressed like Peach burning down a wall

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2006, 09:47:00 AM »
Ya, it's great....

"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2006, 03:56:14 PM »
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2006, 04:53:58 PM »
Ahahaha, that commercial was awesome.  The fire sequence was pretty lame though, I thought it would have been funnier if we had actually seen the wall ablaze, with all the girls giggling to the side.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2006, 02:15:46 AM »
I have not seen any commercial.  I have been too busy actually playing the game. =D
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »
OMG, NOA made a relevant and clever commercial!  *stands up and applauds*  Completely makes up for the Nintendogs one.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2006, 05:56:20 AM »
Where have you been for like every other NOA DS commercial?

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2006, 07:58:40 PM »
I was at GameStop today and these totally bad ass junior highers saw SPP and quipped "That game will turn you into a homosexual if you play for more then 5 minutes!"

Just thought I'd give an update on the state of America's youth. Yeah. We're still screwed.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2006, 04:20:23 AM »
America's youth is screwed. They are stuck in the rationale that if it doesn't have bright flashy graphics with giant breasted women pressing up against the screen then they dismiss it.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2006, 06:16:40 AM »

...if it doesn't have bright flashy graphics with giant breasted women pressing up against the screen then they dismiss it.

well, then, super princess peach shouldn't have been a problem......
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2006, 10:03:14 AM »
America's youth is screwed because the educational system in the country is slipping so rapidly that, pretty soon, Al Queda training camps will be ranked higher because they'll technically have better funding, staff and curriculum.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2006, 11:32:46 AM »
We've got some of those too here in Canada, the youth I mean.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2006, 09:15:41 AM »
I got the game the other day...It's a lot of fun, end of story...