Author Topic: When is the October 7th news conference?  (Read 14845 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: When is the October 7th news conference?
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2004, 01:49:15 AM »
The DS will be the best system ever...Period...

Super Mario 64 DS - Playing as all 4 characters(Mario, Luigi, Wario, Yoshi) to get 150 Power Stars scattered without...FANTASTIC launch title...And I might as well add the Ninty 1st party DS titles revealed as of yet...

Super Mario 64 DS
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Advance Wars DS
Another(Mystery(as in a mystery you solve) title by Ninty!!)
Band Brothers
Pokemon Dash
Nintendogs
Wario Ware DS
Yoshi's Touch & Go (previously Balloon Trip)
Animal Crossing
Mario Kart DS
Super Mario Brothers DS
Zelda DS
Instinctive Stroke (New innovative puzzle game) (Hitofude)
Pokemon Platinum/Diamond (New Pokemon titles)
Yakuman (Mah-jhong title)

Please update if I've missed anything...  

Japanese Gamecase for Pokemon Dash!

DS and GBA game comparison!  
    ~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Chongman

• LOL Breaking Tables is Cool!
    • Score: 0
      • View Profile
    RE:When is the October 7th news conference?
    « Reply #26 on: October 07, 2004, 07:24:12 AM »
    so what are all the confirmed LAUNCH titles??

Mario 64x3
    Madden NFL 2005
    Tiger Woods PGA TOUR®
    Sims in the Cityâ„¢
    major title from Activision
    Ping Pals
    Feel the Magic: XY/XX
    Rayman DS
    Asphalt Urban GT
    Ridge Racer DS
    Mr. DRILLER: Drill Spirits

I'm not sure but I think mystic ninja geomon might be in there too.

there appears to be 3 or 4 more nintendo launch titles as well that we haven't heard about, right? I'm going to go ahead and speculat they will be warioware DS, nintendogs, and maybe yoshi's touch and go

Gah!!! That's one spicy meatball! 3rd parties galore! I like that lineup..it shows you in the future, third party support is going to shine on the DS.  
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    ooberage
    ------------
    in the days of yesteryear I'm still playing SMB3, chrono trigger, and
    reading calvin and hobbes

~*~*~*~
    PSP vs NDS....c'mon...really...who in their right gaming mind will buy the PSP?

Believe...Nintendo
    Stop....whining

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • Score: 1
      • View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: October 07, 2004, 07:48:08 AM »
    "Super Mario 64 DS - Playing as all 4 characters(Mario, Luigi, Wario, Yoshi) to get 150 Power Stars scattered without...FANTASTIC launch title"

How is a re-release of a game that everyone has played to death already a fantastic (or even good) launch title?  There's no reason to buy a DS over this game unless you really want to play Super Mario 64 portable.

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: October 07, 2004, 07:51:09 AM »
    The game that I really wish I could play portable is Tales of Symphonia, but one can dream.  Too bad if I REALLY wanted to I would have to pay 300 for a PSP and then 50 for a game. Horray
    "The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
      • View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: October 07, 2004, 07:51:51 AM »
    Stop screaming "PORT!" when the game isn't a port...The fact that 30 more stars must be collected and the gameplay additions(character-specific)  make it a remake...

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #30 on: October 07, 2004, 07:58:58 AM »
    "How is a re-release of a game that everyone has played to death already a fantastic (or even good) launch title?"

Steven Kent seems to like it. I guess we'll see, hmmm?
    <BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Chongman

• LOL Breaking Tables is Cool!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #31 on: October 07, 2004, 08:58:03 AM »

There's no reason to buy a DS over this game unless you really want to play Super Mario 64 portable

Ian Sane, I've noticed that you're quite the cynical nintendo gamer.

What I don't understand is when nintendo gamers scream and kick for more third party support and then they get it, all they whine for are more franchise 1st party titles. Maybe nintendo is making room for third party venues. Also, it's more than likely several other great games will be coming within the year. If I recall correctly, none of the consoles in the last 2 generations or so have ever launched with a killer app. If we do get one (the next mario bros for sure), it'll most likely be within 3-6 months after launch. What more do you want?? If Feel the Magic was a ninty title, would you be happy? The way I see it, this sega game is the LAUNCHE'S killer app. even then we still have a sims game and a madden game which will both sell by the truckload.

Consider this, if the DS is launching in Dec in Japan and they're getting several other first party titles at launch, dont you think we'll get most if not all of those same titles over here around the same time? What did you really expect at launch? Zelda?
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    ooberage
    ------------
    in the days of yesteryear I'm still playing SMB3, chrono trigger, and
    reading calvin and hobbes

~*~*~*~
    PSP vs NDS....c'mon...really...who in their right gaming mind will buy the PSP?

Believe...Nintendo
    Stop....whining

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
      • View Profile
    « Reply #32 on: October 07, 2004, 09:11:53 AM »
    "What did you really expect at launch? Zelda?"

A new game.  Not a remake.

Hey more third party support is great but I still buy Nintendo consoles primarily for Nintendo games.  I want great third party support but not at the cost of first party titles.  And third party support has NOTHING to do with this.  If Nintendo had more of their own launch titles I'm sure the third party lineup would be identical.  They're not "making room".  They just goofed up and set the American launch to be first which gutted their first party lineup because all of their Japanese devs were aiming for the Japan launch.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: October 07, 2004, 10:38:00 AM »
    Just think of it like this:  Ninty will catch most of the Ninty-fan crowd and casual gamers that loved Mario 64 with SM64 DS...Then the newer games will start coming out once a base starts to form...Though us hardcore gamers would love to start off with the new titles, it's not really the best way to start off a system launch...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
    • Score: 409
      • View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: October 07, 2004, 12:40:50 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
    Just think of it like this:  Ninty will catch most of the Ninty-fan crowd and casual gamers that loved Mario 64 with SM64 DS...Then the newer games will start coming out once a base starts to form...Though us hardcore gamers would love to start off with the new titles, it's not really the best way to start off a system launch...

My thoughts exactly, but I'm gonna try and put them in my own words now

Nintendo knows that they will have the early adopters/hardcore nintendo fans at launch no matter what, so they release a remake to one of (if not) the best 3D platformer to garner attention. After the Early Adopters get a grasp on the system and start to spread the word, then they drop the new killer apps to give the  mainstream gamers another reason to be interested and check it out.

Offline Polyethylene

• View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: October 07, 2004, 03:50:39 PM »
    Miyamoto hinted about Nintendo making DS online games.

Source: 1up.com
    Hail to the thief

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: October 07, 2004, 06:50:43 PM »
    The new Mario game will be released in 05.. the new 2.5 D Plataformer..

the initial launch looks weak IMO....  Wario Ware DS only for Japan launch is a big minus for me... That would have been a must buy on November...  Spiderman looks weak... I cant belive i might buy Madden then ugg...

Kinda Feels like the N64 Launch with a weak initial wave of titles... Hopefully Mario Kart will be released soon like in December  

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
      • View Profile
    « Reply #37 on: October 10, 2004, 03:40:13 AM »

The DS will be the best system ever...Period...

It's absurd to make that kind of a comment when the system hasn't been released yet.

I bet if someone on this forum said the PSP will be the best system ever, the poster will be flamed faster than you can say: "Reggie's gonna kick your ass."

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
      • View Profile
    « Reply #38 on: October 10, 2004, 03:49:18 AM »
    YOU haven't been released yet, or exist for that matter... >=(

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • Score: 8
      • View Profile
    « Reply #39 on: October 10, 2004, 03:52:27 AM »
    It's not obsurd AiAi, the DS is just plain awesome. No system has ever had this much going for it, not to mention a remake of the BEST GAME EVER is launching with it. Nintendo DS will shock the world.

Offline Ness_the_Mess

• View Profile
    « Reply #40 on: October 10, 2004, 03:59:20 AM »
    AiAi, you may be right, but I think there would also be some intelligable truth behind it.  I've been trying to look at this objectively since the PSP and DS were announced.  Personally, I like the idea of a touch screen for gaming - it really does open doors.  Only time will tell if third parties use this to its full potential.

As for the increased quality of graphics in the PSP, it isn't worth the price jump for me.  I don't want to spend that much money - $400 canadian, I'm estimating - on a handheld.  The DS is half that, and also has some games that I'm excited about.

But I wouldn't mind if someone made a good arguement about the PSP.  That's fine.  I have still chosen what I'm getting.
    EarfBOWND

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
      • View Profile
    « Reply #41 on: October 10, 2004, 10:07:01 AM »
    Other than graphics, the only thing that the PSP has going for it is the SONY name.
    WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • Score: 4
      • View Profile
      • PaleHour
    « Reply #42 on: October 12, 2004, 09:39:10 AM »
    I might be crazy...but wasn't there supposed to be another japanese press conference scheduled for the 13th? (ie. tonight??)
    :: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
    ---------------------
    :: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
      • View Profile
    « Reply #43 on: October 12, 2004, 10:31:40 AM »
    I know that Ninty will show off games at the Game Fiesta thing today...I think they are just showing off the holiday lineup(Yoshi Gravitation, Mario Party 6, Jungle Beat, etc...)

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
      • View Profile
    « Reply #44 on: October 13, 2004, 06:46:42 PM »

Originally posted by: Mario
    It's not obsurd AiAi, the DS is just plain awesome. No system has ever had this much going for it...

It is absurd.  No matter how you slice it.  How can you make the assumption the DS will be the best system ever when you haven't even held it in your hands, let alone played a single game on it.  Sure, the DS sounds very promising and has the potential to be a great system; even I am excited about it.  But shouldn't the time to judge whether a system fulfilled it's potential and had great games is after or close to the end of it's life cycle?

...not to mention a remake of the BEST GAME EVER is launching with it. Nintendo DS will shock the world.

To you maybe.  Funny, I have no interest in mario 64 true fact: it is a port

Argh...sometimes fanboys are the worst.

YOU haven't been released yet, or exist for that matter... >=(

I take it is your way of saying you me!

Offline Ness_the_Mess

• View Profile
    « Reply #45 on: October 13, 2004, 10:04:40 PM »
    Your true fact isn't exactly true, AiAi.  The character models have been revamped, 30 stars have been added to the game (increasing the length by 25%), and 36 minigames.  Puzzles have been changed, items have been moved.  It really is enough to merit the title remake.  Not port.  (Not to mention using 4 diff characters, new multiplayer mode).
    EarfBOWND

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • Score: 28
      • View Profile
    « Reply #46 on: October 14, 2004, 02:12:03 AM »
    Sounds like missing out on the N64 wasn't that bad, after all...

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
      • View Profile
    « Reply #47 on: October 14, 2004, 06:11:56 AM »
    "Argh...sometimes fanboys are the worst."

Especially Sega ones... >=(

DSIDFJSLFJ:LKS I'll make my own decisions on whether it will be the best system ever...If you want to try and convince me wrong why don't you get on MSN?